3M

Updated 18 Feb 2015
Updated 18 Feb 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at 3M.

I talked to a recruiter at a college job fair and had a very easy and short behavioral interview the next day. I was told to apply online, which I did, and I didn't hear anything for almost 5 months. I had a short phone interview that mostly just went over my resume and my skills. I was offered an internship 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your programming experience and projects you've worked on.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

long. recruiter took a long time to respond to emails and such. I had to email him to get any idea of what the next step in the hiring process was. apply --> phone call --> emails --> no offer

Interview Questions
    • walk me through your resume? what are your plans for the future? what do you know about 3M?   Answer Question

O2 Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Typical 30 minute phone interview, asked questions about resume and past work experience. It was very similar in questioning to other interviews. Lady who did the interviewing was very nice and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • How does your past work experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M in February 2015.

Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager in one of their staff scientist. They then invited me for an on site interview which started with a presentation followed by several individual interviews. the interviews were pretty simple and that there is not a great deal of behavioral or technical questions a lot of it was just conversation about what I had done or was living in the greater Minneapolis area is like. they also asked me about my hobbies. I would say that it was a very inviting experience and that the company is extremely impressive.

Interview Questions
    • describe your collaborations

do you have any problem initiating collaborations

what makes a good innovator/inventor

what are some problems you think you would encounter during your transition

who is an innovating inspiration for you and why

describe an "aha moment" you had and the impact of that

what skill sets would you bring to the table and what about them separates you from others

Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at 3M.

Hit it off with a rep at a national career fair. The rep and i discussed medical devices and she passed me onto another rep. This next rep signed me up for an interview with the 02 Intern program, which I had not properly read up on. Interview was to take place a few hours later, and I had another interview before it that I was prepping for, so I neglected to read much about 3M's 02 intern program.

My interviewer was admittedly cranky because she hadn't eaten lunch. She was abrupt and unpleasant. She stopped me mid-interview to tell me that I should have read up better on the position she was interviewing for. It was not a fun interview. Largely my own fault. Though I never want to interview with anyone with this woman's disposition again, even if I am properly prepared and qualified.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M.

I applied online. After a few days, I received a phone call, in which I was asked about my expectations and my German language skills. At the end of the conversation, I was invited to an interview and told to prepare for a case study in market research. The interview had 2 parts: the normal interview part in which I was asked about what my motivation (especially with the particular division I applied for) and what I had learned from each job I had had. Then, the case study followed. I was given 20 mins to work on in alone. I had to describe my process going about doing market research for the introduction of a new product. It was also had a math part to be done in Excel. Nothing very difficult. Then the hiring manager came back and I had to present my "results", which was a list of steps and their explanation.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What did you learn from each job you have held in the past?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Very selective process for the Business Development Consultant position. There was a 40 minute case interview. Maybe just 5 minutes dedicated for a walk me through your resume question. The interviewer was very cold and not personable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M in January 2015.

Phone Interview, lasted about 30 min, then in person visit. Interview was very pleasant and had a lot of great insight into 3M's business and roles I'd play as a intern. Some technical questions, some behavioral.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

It consists in 2 parts: Online test + Group Interview
    Online test was not difficult. There were about 7 people at the group interview. Had to answer questions, solve a case talk in English. It was also very clarifying about the positions offered.

Marketing Interview

Phone interview with an HR person then in person interview. I did not get offered a position, but the people who I interacted with were very nice and professional! They were my very first interviews ever and they helped make me feel more comfortable (as comfortable as possible for your very first interviews that is).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a project or experience you have had in school that interests you and relates to this position?   Answer Question