3M

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at 3M in March 2014.

Applied via 3M's online application process. Shortly thereafter, I received a call from the department manager and set up an interview time for the following week after a brief chat focused on my resume, which seemed to have the core requirements for the position.

The interview was an informal sit down. I wore a suit, which was appropriate. Khakis and a tie may have been just as appropriate, given the very casual dress of most employees at their corporate headquarters (jeans and very worn 3M polo shirts).

As a recent college graduate, the interview started out with a review of High School activity involvement, progressing to college involvement and personal interests. It was more of a character interview and display of ease of communication with an unfamiliar party, as the position involved dealing with customer orders, exclusively on the phone.

The interviewer went on to describe the position in depth, then proceeded to ask questions regarding how my degree and work experiences would have prepared me for this position. The emphasis for this section of the interview would be clarity in communication. Straightforward and applicable information in clear conversational format was the desired response.

Feedback on the position was immediate, as no other candidates were in consideration. Each sales team leader will have their own format, this was an example of many hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • No question stands out as being difficult, as the position deals with fairly straightforward tasks. The ultimate goal was to find a candidate with the proper character traits that fit the role of the position.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 3M.

2 face to face interviews, 1 integrity assesment and 1 final interview

face to face meeting

Front End Developer Interview

Well rounded interview, high knowledge of technologies

Technical Aide Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

One interview with the manager who oversaw my work for my duration with the company

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Met recruiter at career fair, interviewed the next day, had an offer ~3 weeks later.
    Behavioral type questions. What did you like about your last internship, what didn't you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Teamwork skills

Director of Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at 3M.

Process commenced with a 1.5 hr interview with the hiring and HR managers. Questions were status quo focused on people management experiences and technical aspects related to QMS implementation/maintenance.
    On-site interview was held over an eight hour period with HR, hiring, and production managers. Standard questions about background and experience with a 1 hr HR type exam that included some elementary technical questions. Received a tentative offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to do something for the business that was counter to your morals/ethics?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M.

They call and set up an interview for the following day. Interview is mostly informal. They ask about your experience in school and how you would fit in to the company.

Optimized Operations Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

Landed the interview after talking to O2 lead recruiter at my university's career fair. 1st interview was a face-to-face 30 minute behavioral based on campus. Was invited to an onsite 2nd round interview after 2 weeks. The onsite interview was at the St. Paul HQ with managers and peers. The company REALLY focuses on how you can FIT in their culture. Got the offer immediately the day after I flew back. Had a great experience!

Tech Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M in February 2014.

I applied online at there website for the tech aide position several times before I got a call for an interview. On the day of the interview, I was interviewed by 2 managers. They were very friendly and I was at ease. I could tell it was a good company from the questions they asked to all the details they filled me in on the position. I got an offer within a week which I accepted. I went through a background and drug test which took 3-4 weeks to get done

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal best with a difficult situation?   View Answer

Mechanical Engineering Year Long Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at 3M in February 2014.

Firstly complete the online application, they will then contact you for a online assessment, this part is fairly easy, and then the telephone interview, that's where I got up to.

Interview Questions
    • Don't be too nervous, I did not do well as I was over panic. They ask some general questions such as why do you want to work for 3M, what do you know about the company, your experience of working in a team, and what you have learned from it etc.   Answer Question