3M

202 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Behavioral interviews,

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details Interview process involved one face to face interview for this internship. The interview was largely casual conversations regarding skills and attributes.

Interview Question – Why did you choose science degree with expectation to enter sales field   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Senior Research Engineer
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Had a 60 min on-campus interview in September, a 30 min phone interview in October, and a day long on-site interview in November. Whole process took less than 2 months from initial contact to offer. Full day interview consisted of an hour seminar followed by 7 30 min individual interviews, lunch, and a site tour.

Interview Question – If I contacted your current supervisor, what would they say your biggest weakness was?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position that is closer to my family.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details The process is fast paced and was done through a rapid recruiting event. Potential candidates were interviewed by the interested hiring managers and several senior scientists, other managers and by the Director. One has to also give a highly technical talk which was followed by a Q&A session. Overall, I found the experience to be very pleasant and was made to feel very welcoming.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

O2 Program Interview

O2 Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details One fly-out interview broken into three segments, two behavioral interviews and one tour. Very straight forward and traditional. 90% "Tell us about a time..." questions. One major idea that we kept on touching on was time management and tools for productivity. Most everyone was very "engineering-esque" if that makes sense. All were welcoming and amicable. Can't complain.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you made the wrong choice, and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told by multiple others that 3M does not negotiate on entry-level positions so I didn't try.

Researcher Interview

Researcher

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details On site series of interviews, with a job talk, done at the same time as a larger group of potential new employees. Very pleasant, positive environment, not hostile or competitive. People seemed to really enjoy working there, and there was a lot of longevity/mobility within the company. Would highly recommend interviewing here to someone interested in scientific research in the twin cities area.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Product Development Scientist Interview

Product Development Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details I was called in for a Rapid Recruiting Event. The event was planned for 3 days. There were interviews, company tours, dinners with managers and other employees. The interview part consisted of a 45 minute presentation and 45 minute interviews with each team member. The interviews had behavioral type questions in a casual atmosphere. Nothing unexpected or challenging.

Interview Question – What do you consider as your most significant achievement?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Networked with internal contacts and monitored website for suitable opportunities. Interview for one position led to informational interview with a hiring manager with a more suitable business area. After a few months, a more appropriate position was posted; applied for that online. Screened by HR rep and then interviewed with hiring manager, director and VP.

Interview Question – Why leaving current position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Structured and fair. Salary ranges for each position are enforced. Paid time off was somewhat negotiable based on years of experience.

Human Resources Field Representative Interview

Human Resources Field Representative
Northridge, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in July 2010.

Interview Details 1 panal interview

Interview Question – Very easy behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Technical Aide Interview

Technical Aide

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details Interview and hiring process was as basic and informal as can be.
Research Chemist looked over my resume, and asked several questions regarding my schedule/availability, and knowledge about basic scientific processes.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.