3M

177 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2013.

Interview Details I went to a career fair at my university where I handed in my resume. I got a call back on the same day. The interview was on campus and stress free. There wasn't any technical questions so it was mostly behavior questions. The recruiter was very kind which made the interview process easier.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. We went through my resume and then the recruiter just asked about leadership roles and where I see myself in five years.   Answer Question

Production Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Long some parts difficult but everything in the testing relates to what the jobs are. Great process

Tech Aide Interview

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details It is a pretty easy interview process. Just show up and answer some questions about your experience and your future goals with your education. They generally show you around the lab and tell you what they do to see if it is a good fit. It is not too bad,

Interview Question – There were some random questions to see how you think   Answer Question

Technical Aide Interview

Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M in August 2013.

Interview Details One on one interview with three members of the lab. Met several of the tech aides already working there, showed me around the facility. Very conversational interview, asked about resume, schooling/scheduling. Expect them to respond slowly to application.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from the rest of the applicants?   Answer Question

MBA Internship - FINANCE Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in June 2013.

Interview Details I had one interview. The interview was mostly behavioral, I had a mini case and this random questions. Overall it wasn't too difficult, but it was intense.

Interview Question – Give me a presentation about a Finance concept.   Answer Question

Production Employee Interview

Production Employee
Menomonie, WI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at 3M in January 2013.

Interview Details The whole interview was behavioral interview questions. Have as many example of situations where there was an issue, you handled it, and there was a positive outcome.

Interview Question – Look up the top 20 behavioral interview questions and practice those.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Its all stardard based on position.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at 3M in December 2011.

Interview Details 3 interviews

Interview Question – Very detailed questions such as process oriented, some technical   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got anoter offer with a company

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in November 2010.

Interview Details recruited from one of 3M's divisions through the strategic business development group. initial contact and interview was directly with the hiring manager. only later did HR get involved. I submitted an application online and then was contacted in formal hiring process.

Interview Question – are you willing to give up your personal life?   Answer Question

Strategy Business Development Interview

Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at 3M in July 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was very formalized and structured. It included thirty minutes of behavioral questions requiring relatively short responses followed by a thirty minute case. The case was meant to demonstrate your ability to analyze data from different sources and combine them into management analysis. The whole interview process seemed to be focused on taking products to market and marketing type questions.

Interview Question – I was asked about my biggest weakness, and even though it is a common interview question, it was still unexpected at the time.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Sorry years ago some of us got luck we got hired on the spot and we went through a week of training.

Interview Question – Do we have enough technical support no.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't remember just glad to have been hired.

Interviews for Top Jobs at 3M