3M

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.7

Director of Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at 3M.

Process commenced with a 1.5 hr interview with the hiring and HR managers. Questions were status quo focused on people management experiences and technical aspects related to QMS implementation/maintenance.
    On-site interview was held over an eight hour period with HR, hiring, and production managers. Standard questions about background and experience with a 1 hr HR type exam that included some elementary technical questions. Received a tentative offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to do something for the business that was counter to your morals/ethics?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M.

They call and set up an interview for the following day. Interview is mostly informal. They ask about your experience in school and how you would fit in to the company.

Optimized Operations Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

Landed the interview after talking to O2 lead recruiter at my university's career fair. 1st interview was a face-to-face 30 minute behavioral based on campus. Was invited to an onsite 2nd round interview after 2 weeks. The onsite interview was at the St. Paul HQ with managers and peers. The company REALLY focuses on how you can FIT in their culture. Got the offer immediately the day after I flew back. Had a great experience!

Tech Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M in February 2014.

I applied online at there website for the tech aide position several times before I got a call for an interview. On the day of the interview, I was interviewed by 2 managers. They were very friendly and I was at ease. I could tell it was a good company from the questions they asked to all the details they filled me in on the position. I got an offer within a week which I accepted. I went through a background and drug test which took 3-4 weeks to get done

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal best with a difficult situation?   View Answer

3M Research and Development (PhD) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

Typical on-campus interview. Asking behavior questions. The interviewer is the alumni of our university. In one week I receive a email telling me that I'll be contacted by a recruiting manager. I'm still waiting since then (3 month already.....).

Strategic Business Development (SBD) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

They gave a great tour of the campus and of the city - it was quite well done. First, we had an intro session the night before with cocktails, which included a "2-minute" intro about yourself with one slide. Next day, breakfast, tour of campus (which is great), 3 separate interviews 1) Leadership, 2) Marketing, 3) Case - each an hour long; followed up by a tour of Minneapolis. They do a good job of giving you an overview of the city (cities) - something a lot of other companies do not do.

Interview Questions
    • It's 10,000 B.C. and you just discovered fire. How would you sell it to your village?   Answer Question

Packaging Graphics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at 3M in January 2014.

I got an interview scheduled through my temp agency. It was kind of short notice (two days). The person I interviewed with was very nice, very personable. She asked my about my background. I went thought my education and job experience. I did most of the talking. I made sure to read the job description before-hand and explain how my previous job history and skills transferred to the position I was applying for. Once the interview was winding down, we talked about our background, where we're originally from, and even joked around a bit.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. I just had to make sure I explained why I deserved the position and why I'd be a good fit.   Answer Question
    Since this was done through a temp agency, salary was already negotiated.

Coordenador De Projetos Sociais Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumaré, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumaré, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in January 2014.

I submitted my resumé through a person referral from within the company and went through two interviews. The first one was a brief phone conversation with a person from HR about my work experience. Then I invited for a second interview, in person, with the same person from HR and the hiring manager. For the second interview I was asked to prepare a 4 slides presentation of a social project proposal I was to create, pretending I would present it to high-level management in the company. I had one day to prepare and spent about five hours in it. I believe my presentation went well and it was a strong point on my behalf, altough I didn't get the job. To invent the project and prepare the presentation, I spent one the five hours I had doing research on the company's website. From the whole process, I gather I didn't get the job not for technical reasons, but for not being a very conventional-company-like person.

Overall, the process was very good: transparent, straight-forward and respectful. The interview itself demanded some preparation, but people were nice, facilities were welcoming and the conversation was professional and with no surprises or odd demands.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make the last slide of the presentation to be a personal presentation. Talking about myself was the hardest part of the process.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

Behavioral interviews,

No real negotiation

Sales Interview

Interview process involved one face to face interview for this internship. The interview was largely casual conversations regarding skills and attributes.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose science degree with expectation to enter sales field   Answer Question