50 Below

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Duluth, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 50 Below in January 2010.

Interview Details There really was none. I talked to the manager for 10 minutes and was hired later that day.

Quality Control Interview

Quality Control
Duluth, MN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 50 Below in August 2012.

Interview Details There was a bit of back and forth as to whether or not I would interview because they were waiting for confirmation that an employee would be leaving. I already knew some of the employees there, and came in for a field day first to see if I would enjoy the work before interviewing. After I confirmed that I would love to interview, there was a hiring freeze and I was put on hold for an interview. A few weeks prior to filing bankruptcy I came in for an interview with the supervisor and the manager. Both were very professional and up-front about the financial situation of the company. They made sure I knew what I would possibly be going in to. The interview was very casual and relaxed, and I felt at ease. Afterward, there was a delay because the former owner wouldn't sign off on the new hire paperwork. The manager was very patient in reassuring me that they wanted to move forward but that they were waiting on the owner's signature. A few weeks after my interview I received my official offer, and accepted.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any questions that I felt were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I thought the compensation for my position was very fair.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at 50 Below in April 2013.

Interview Details The employee hiring process is critical to your business success. Most people contend that their employees are their most important asset. If this is true, then deciding who to hire is one of the most important decisions you make.
The interview process can be the difference between success and failure for your company. If good employees are your most precious resource than the ability to choose them needs to be your most precious skill.

Interview Question – cable sequence color coding ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have good communication.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Duluth, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 50 Below.

Interview Details Initial communication is from HR wanting to gather some general information and schedule an interview time. Interview process consists of a initial interview with a recruiter, real basic easy questions regarding experience, no curve balls. Second interview is a "field day" where you shadow someone doing the job you are applying for. This field time lasts for three hours. After you shadow you follow up with the hiring manager and one other. Same pretty basic questions, they will ask if you know of the company's financial history so do not be in the dark about that.

Interview Question – Companies Financial history   View Answer

Senior Marketing Account Executive Interview

Senior Marketing Account Executive
Duluth, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 50 Below in June 2010.

Interview Details It took quite awhile between the initial interview to receive an offer. I was told there was not money in the budget to hire initially and that was the reason for the delay. First interview is phone, second was in person with two managers, then required to spend 4 hours job shadowing. Was given three tests, one knowledge, a sales AP test and a mock phone call.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember any of the specific questions asked. Nothing unusual or too personal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Marketing Account Executive Interview

Marketing Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at 50 Below in October 2009.

Interview Details It was a very comfortable interview and quite casual. The questions were pretty standard interview questions. "Do you work well on a team, describe a situation when you were on a team and how it went."

It was a 1:1 interview at first then after that there was a second interview. They were both very casual and money was talked about on the second interview.

Interview Question – "How would you say you handle stress and pressure?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate. 30k base plus commission was good for me at the time.

Worked for 50 Below? Contribute to the Community!