Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014
Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

Went in store and filled out my application there. (Wednesday) The next day I got a call for an interview.(Thursday).. my interview was Sunday at 1! The interview was in the stock/staff room. One on one. Basic personality questions. Tell me a little bit about yourself, biggest strength, weakness, who are you a role model to, who is your role model..

Interview Questions
    • When she asked me a weakness I was planning to say "I don't have much experience in retail, but am a quick learner" But she asked "what would your teachers say your biggest weakness in the classroom was?"   View Answer
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

asked for an application filled it out and got a call within a week. scheduled a group interview. me and 3 other girls were being interviewed. Was asked to sell by outfit to them and asked to put an outfit together from the store.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   View Answer
    They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.