Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.0

Role Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale (King of Prussia, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my application in-store and received a phone call a few days later to schedule my interview. They said it was going to be a group interview which made me a little nervous, but when I got there it was just one other girl similar to me. Plus it was on a weekday afternoon so the store was nice and quiet. I felt really comfortable in the interview, they would alternate between who answered each question first to give each of us a fair chance. They were simple questions like asking us to describe ourselves and our style and stuff like that, she also went over the components of the job a lot. At the end we were told to pick an outfit we liked from the store, to describe why we liked it, and where we would wear it to. At the end another manager came to talk to us and he talked to us like they were planning on hiring us and said they'd call in a day or two but I never got the call which was pretty disappointing. Even so it was still a fun chill interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

You had to apply by going to the actual Aeropostale store to pick up and application. I would say two weeks or less you would get a call back and a group interview would be set. Then there's a group interview of five or three people and they asked you about three questions. In my case, they called me later in the evening after the afternoon group interview to offer me the sales position.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

In store interview with assistant or manager then you will come in for a
    One on one interview with manager! If the manager is impressed then you will have a
    One on one interview with district manager.
    The process took about a month if that!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know you Aero history and just relax! I thought my interview with my DM was a lot more relaxing than with the store manager!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went into the store, met with the manager, they told me they could do an interview on the spot so they took me in the back room and gave me the general screening. It took about 30 to 45 minutes to complete, then i had to fill out all the paper work and they told me that they would be giving me a call whenever they needed me to come into work.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Vacaville, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to apply and then interviewed with SM. She passed me on to DM. Was supposed to interview on a Friday but they got the days mixed up so I waited a week after that. She liked me told me they would do a background check then I start. However a week later I receive a text from the SM saying im not a good fit now. Took a month.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I applied for a job at Aeropostale as a summer/winter break job during high school. Similar to other retail companies (from my experiences), the interview process for Aero consisted of a group interview during which I and the four or five other teens applying for jobs there stood in the middle of the store while the manager and assistant manager gave us question after question. Many of the questions had to do with how we would try to sell one more item to a customer, how we might greet them and help them find something, and how we would describe our own personal style. A final piece of the interview process was to go around the store and pull pieces to make a complete outfit, and then to describe the outfit we had created and why we chose those particular items.

Interview Questions

• [After being instructed to go around the store and pull pieces to create an outfit] Why did you choose those pieces to create an outfit? What does that outfit that you created say about your personal style and Aeropostale's style?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Very down to earth, they ask easy questions and generally just want to make sure you are a fit for them and they are a fit for you. Group interviews are very common.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

I received another position in my area of expertise

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and it was actually held outside. It was a group interview and we each took turns answering simple questions about ourselves. There were no questions that I was expecting along the lines of business and scenarios. Overall the interview was very easy and it was my first one.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. One of the questions was " How would you describe your personal style" ?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I filled out an application and when I went to turn it in the sales associate asked if I'd like to speak to the assistant manager, so I did. He ended up just asking me some interview questions and then told me he'd pass my application to the manager. It was a couple weeks until I got a call about coming in for a group interview. It ended up just being another girl and I in the interview and about a week later I got the call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to step up and be a leader"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview. I'M glad I didn't get accepted an offer because they expect you to be some fashionista. One part of the interview was to go pick out an outfit from the store that you'd wear to a BBQ and you have to explain why you'd wear it. Then, they asked you to try to sell them the outfit you are wearing by creating a sales pitch.