Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

This is a pretty laid-back, casual interview. Don't even sweat it. Just wear what you would consider trendy and stylish at the time (jeans and such are ok). What they did with me is they had my interview with a group of people. They would go around and have us introduce ourselves and ask us questions about our styles and what we think current trends are and such. Every question was pretty much about clothes and there was also one question on why we wanted to work there. Then they also had us create outfits for the opposite gender based off what we could find in the store. For example, if you were a boy, you would create an outfit for a girl and vice versa. If they think your outfit is stylish, then you're good. I've never really seen anyone not get hired once they reached the interview stage at Aero, so you really have nothing to worry about unless you say something ridiculous when you answer the questions or can't match clothing colors.

Interview Questions
    • There really won't be any ridiculously difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Katy, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2012.

I started as a sales associate and my store manager noticed how well I was working and asked me if I was interested in a higher position. She set up my interview with the district manager. I had the interview with the district manager one week after my store manager mentioned the position to me. The interview considered of some questions regarding the position, such as responsibilities and description of the job. We walked around the mall to some of the competitors stores and reviewed their window marketing and discussed how effective it was. She told me that she would contact me later to let me know if I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this position? (duties)   View Answer
    The district manager contacted me through the phone and made the offer to me. I accepted and started training within a week.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Nothing to out of the ordinary for a manager position in retail, make sure you know about today's fashion and also know how to manage a team of role models that are teenagers. Being able to talk to previous management skills and job titles.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to coach someone on something they did incorrectly?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Sales Associate/Ambassador Interview

interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

I met the manager in the store and talked with her while receiving my application. I passed it in a few days later, but had to call a few times before getting an interview. For the interview I was asked to dress as if I was working a shift there, so in Aero dress code, which of course, I didn't know yet. I was taken into the back room, and asked a few basic retail questions before I filled out my hiring paperwork a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a teen and mother were arguing?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I received minimum wage. I was 16, and this was my first job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

The process took 6 months as I applied for the summer but got hired for the winter. Got a phone call to come in for a group interview in the stock room. Four of us stood around with the manager. She asked easy questions about ourselves and anyone could jump in and answer. Then we were asked to go to the sales floor, pick an outfit and explain why you chose it. At the end the manager asked if we had any questions for her.

Interview Questions
    Be prepared with thoughtful answers and don't be shy; speak up first and show confidence and leadership. Smile, pay extra attention and be prepared to ask questions at the end. Stick around last, shake hands and thank the interviewer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   View Answer
    They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!