Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep 2014
Updated 18 Sep 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   View Answer
    They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Niles, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

The hiring and interview process at Aeropostale was very simple and easy. I applied in store and then 3 days later was asked to come in and go through the interview process. I was told to wear something I thought Represented Aeropostale. The interview was with 6 additional people so it was a little strange but it worked out in the end because I was the most enthusiastic and answered all of the questions. I was then contacted 2 days latter with the Job. I would describe working for aeropostale as Fun, energetic, and all together a great atmosphere to work in .

Interview Questions
    • If you were a season what season would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!