Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details the initial interview is done as a group with other people for the same position

Interview Question – If you could change one thing about your last supervisor what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I walked into the store and asked for an application and the girl told me to wait a second and the manager came out and offered me an interview on the spot. Group interview , there were like 10 people because they were opening a new store and there were 3 managers and they just asked questions and it you answered most of them you were hired . It was very easy just questions like if a mom and daughter came into the store and they disagreed on something and asked for your help what would yu do? And how would you greet a customer walking into the store?

Interview Question – Pick a tv show that you like the fashion in and explain why?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Minot, ND (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Interview Question – It was not difficult   Answer Question

Merch Flow Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2013.

Interview Details I got a text saying i was hired after having the group interview, told me my position and pay which was $8 an hour, very descriptive as well

Interview Question – honestly there wasn't any tough questions asked   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Question – How do I decide what to wear   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes or no

Aero Ambassador Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I walked in and filled out an application and was given a preliminary interview. I was then asked to come back and participate in a group interview where you answer a series of questions and asked to participate in a series of scenarios.

Interview Question – What makes you different/better than the rest.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied in person, and they set up a group interview for the next day. It was pretty relaxed, there were two other people there. The interviewer asked about five questions then took us back to the store. At the store, we had to create two outfits, one for girls and one for guys. We were also asked to replenish a section, which means like folding clothes and making it look presentable.

Interview Question – What does respect mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details went in person

Interview Question – what's the one thing you would take with you in the case of a fire?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Merchandise Planner Interview

Associate Merchandise Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with HR was very casual just to gather basic information, screening candidates to see if their current experience qualifies them for the position they are applying for, what type of salary they expect, and why they want to leave their current company.
In person interview was very easy going, typical questions to discuss job functions and assess planning skills. Ex: "How would you plan a selldown, what metrics do you look at to evaluate performance?"

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone call from director with the offer. Any negotiations went through HR

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aéropostale

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale interview questions and advice. All 145 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees and interview candidates.