Aéropostale

Getting the Interview

145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details the manager called me two days before the interview to attend.

Interview Question – there questions werent actually difficult, the problem is that since is a group interview you have to stand out so the manager notices you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Turned in application. Immediately asked when I was available to interview. Interview was casual. I wore Aeropostale clothes. Was asked basic questions, nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Finished interview and was told of hiring status next week, which was only a couple days after the interview. Came in the next week for training.

Interview Question – Can you describe Aeropostale's style?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details After applying, I received a call back within a week. Interview were basic behavioral questions. Examples: "Why do you want to work here?", "Describe yourself in 3 words." The interview was in the back room which was dimly lit and had an uncomfortable seating arrangement. The interviewer was friendly; he reviewed the interview questions with me afterwards and said he loved my energy. Remember to smile and have an upbeat demeanor!

Interview Question – You see a customer looking at a jacket that is hung very high up and you ask her if she needs assistance to which she answers no, but later on you see her looking at it again, what would you do?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer at another store.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Question – There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2011.

Interview Details I applied in the store and turned in the application on the spot, the manager told me the next group interview date (was a few days after I applied) and I showed up. There were about 30-40 people applying at once. (Seasonal employment/Winter time)

Interview Question – There were really not any questions being asked more like they were just talking about the company and what we will be expected to do if we get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called and told what day I should go in and time, I showed up talked to the manager and she took my ssn and id and i'm not sure if it was also my birth certificate and then she asked me how much I made at my previous job, and she added .25 cents to my hourly salary. Asked me if I was ok with that and I agreed, and then I began to work.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview Details Dropped off completed application and resume. Got a call about 2 weeks later asking for an interview. Was not told it was a group interview but everyone else knew so maybe he just forgot to tell me. Super easy interview. Lasted about an hour. We stood around store, the interviewer asked us about ourselves, asked situational questions, we practiced greeting, folding, etc. Very easy. Got a call a week later saying I got the job. My advice: try to be the first one to answer a question, dress fashionably, speak up, make eye contact, smile alot, shake hands and thank the interviewer at the end.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when you were working by yourself and faced a challenge. What was the challenge and what steps did you take to overcome it?"   View Answer

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I walked in to apply and turned it in 5 minutes later. I got called for a group interview about 3 weeks later. When I showed up there weren't any questions asked. The manager told us that if we were there, we were already hired and we started filling out the paper work.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in December 2009.

Interview Details Got an interview during the holiday season when there tends to be loads of people hired at once, so naturally my interview was a group interview. The whole ordeal probably lasted no more than ten minutes. The manager took us out of the store for the interview and went around asking each of us (there were three of us) questions about ourselves, our hobbies, school life, ect. Very basic ice breaker questions. After this she gave us a scenario that could occur in the store (everyone had a different scenario) and we just had to act out what we would do in that case. My scenario was what if a customer wants an item and their size is not available. I said that we could call and order the item in for them but my (future) manager was quick to correct me that we don't offer that type of service at Aero.

Anyways, even after my innocent mistake, I was hired right then and there!

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer wants an item we don't currently have available?

This was difficult because every store is different and I didn't know how Aero functioned in this situation so I just answered from my knowledge of what other stores practice.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was my first job so I didn't feel like i was in a position to ask for more than minimum wage... Even if you have experience i would NOT expect more than 50 cents over minimum wage!

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details Was given a date and time for a group interview upon turning in my application. Was called back for an individual interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What do their 4 values (integrity, teamwork, respect, compassion) mean to you?   Answer Question

South Jordan, UT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I called the store to see if they were hiring and they told me to come in and get an application in the store. Moments after picking it up a manager asked me if I could join a group interview the following Monday at 3. I said yes and asked if I should bring a resume, and he said just 2 recommendations with the application! so I went in about 255 on Monday with both in hand and there were three other applicants. Once we all got together we sat in a sitting area in the mall, he asked us our names, what school, grade we are. I was the only one over 18. and our favorite band. it was obvious right then that this job isn't meant for full time, it's perfect for high school students; mainly because the employer mentioned that some people work once a month. so we finished the interview with greeting, questions, an picking one outfit that represented our style.

Interview Question – no real questions, just more for fun.   Answer Question