Aéropostale

Updated 15 Nov 2014
Updated 15 Nov 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I was literally hired the day of my interview and rushed into training. The interviewing DM asked questions for about 10 minutes and then said something to effect of "Well, we need someone ASAP and you're it." That should have been a warning signal.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were incredibly easy, and most were directed towards when I could start and what my salary requirements were versus my actual abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aéropostale.

The interview was relatively easy more of a conversation than an interview and I received an offer the next day

Role Model Interview

The interview process takes place in a group interview. The group can range from as little as 2 to 6 people. My interview group had about 5 people. Being in a group definitely takes the nerves away, but you do have to work harder to stand out in the group.
    Before the interview, you must fill out some paper work so it helps to show up at least 15 minutes early. Next, everyone in the group introduces themselves and some brief questions are asked by the manager. It helps to always be the first one to answer. The interview got a lot more exciting as you actually get tested on different tasks you'd have to take part in if hired as a Role Model- fold clothes, help at the fitting rooms, and build outfits.
    Overall, as long as you dress the part, are very enthusiastic, and try your best at the tasks at hand, the job will be yours.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Group interview... got a call a week later to attend orientation

Interview Questions
    • Fun fact about yourself... prepare something unique and interesting   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

I applied through walk in because I saw the job offer on my mall's website. Manager called me after few days and asked me if I wanna come to group interview - I said "yes" of course. We had interview with the stockroom manager and assistant manager. Each of them had their own questions. Ex. Tell us a little bit about yourself - don't underestimate this question! It's the first question and most important - you can just google this and do some reading about it. i spend 1,5h for this interview and got questions like what encourage you to develop your personal style, question about the biggest challenge you met and what did you do with it, how would you greet customer going in to the store etc

Interview Questions
    • Which of both is more efficient with additional sale - fitting room situation or helping customer on the sales floor and why?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Sales Associate Interview

Walked in and asked for the manager, asked if they were hiring, said yes and led me to another manager who asked my why I wanted to work there, asked on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. Most difficult question was "what can you bring to the company."   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

I was applying to stores around the mall and I just happened to walk into P.S. knowing it was owned by Aeropostale. When I walked in I was the only costumer and the employees seemed to know right away that I was coming in for an application. The two girls working were very nice and handed it to me. I came back about an hour later after completing the application and brought it back to the two girls. Right away they scheduled me for an interview for two weeks later and handed me a 20% off Aero coupon and told me to come dressed like I would for the first day of work, in all Aeropostale apparel. About a week later I received a call asking if I could reschedule the interview for another two weeks. I was fine with that but it also made me apply for other jobs as well. I was not told it was a group interview but I assumed from other reviews from Aero. I arrived 15 minutes before and was the first person. I was told we were waiting for a few others and to look around. A guy and two more girls had came and we started the interview. The manager was extremely nice and made everyone feel comfortable. We were not asked any questions during this interview, we just talked about ourselves to start off. We each took turns greeting an employee acting as a costumer. They are looking for open questions such as "what brings you in here today?" and "Are you shopping for a boy or a girl?" Questions which cannot be answered with a yes or a no. After that we went to the fitting rooms and showed how we would deal with situations and treat the customers and what to bring them while they are trying the clothes on. The last step we did was go into the stock room and were shown everything back there. She dismissed us and told us if they want to extend the other they'd call us within a week. I was offered the job but denied because you only get 0-5 hours a week before Christmas time and it was also 25 minutes away from my house so I took an offer from a closer store. Overall it was a great interview and it was very fun! I would have taken the offer if there were more hours and if it were closer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2013.

Basically I went into the store and picked up a paper application. Talked to one of the Assistant Managers. The Manager called me on the same day asking for me to come in for a group interview that Friday!
    The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked why Aeropostale and a little bit about ourselves. She also included a question for customer service situation. I dressed in a tank top with a blazer over it with jeans and converse. Most of the girls were dressed in tshirt and jeans. If you can wear the brand it shows loyalty!
    There was about 5 others and all got hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell a customer about the sale on the items in the store?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.