Aéropostale Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated 19 Aug 2014
Updated 19 Aug 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Questions
    Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Nothing to out of the ordinary for a manager position in retail, make sure you know about today's fashion and also know how to manage a team of role models that are teenagers. Being able to talk to previous management skills and job titles.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to coach someone on something they did incorrectly?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

I was first recruited by a previous coworker at Aeropostale. I believe they have quotas they may need to fill. I interviewed with the DM days later, and it went well. So, she set up a phone interview with the Regional, that also seem to went well. They did ask pretty moderate questions that did get you thinking about yourself as a leader and business runner.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself as a leader?   View Answer

I wanted to get paid more, not just matched.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Talk about training and development. Making money!

gave me what i wanted

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

Interview process with District Manager was very smooth and inviting. Had the opportunity to ask any and all questions to fully understand the expectations of the position. Second portion was meeting with Regional manager which was went smooth although that interviewer didn't seem comfortable with the one on one interaction.

Interview Questions
    • What is the first thing you would change if you started this position immediately?   View Answer
    Negotiation was very smooth. Was asked what I would require for the position and was given what I asked for.