Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Employee had refereed me to her DM. DM had called and we spoke briefly. She had me meet her and her boss at a near by Starbucks. The boss asked most of the questions. They were dressed very casual. I was way too overdressed.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2010.

Interview Details Talk about training and development. Making money!

Interview Question – Talk about opportunity within yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – gave me what i wanted

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in April 2009.

Interview Details Interview process with District Manager was very smooth and inviting. Had the opportunity to ask any and all questions to fully understand the expectations of the position. Second portion was meeting with Regional manager which was went smooth although that interviewer didn't seem comfortable with the one on one interaction.

Interview Question – What is the first thing you would change if you started this position immediately?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very smooth. Was asked what I would require for the position and was given what I asked for.

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Question – How do you motivate people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2010.

Interview Details I had a great conversation with the Store Manager of the Plaza Bonita Store. I was then passed on to the DM of the San Diego District and that interview went well, we had a nice conversation. I was then passed on to phone interview with the Regional Manager, she was a princess and couldn't get past the fact that I had to make some decisions from a Store Manager role into an Assistant Manager role due to relocating. She didn't understand why I had took an Assistant Manager job, hello, I needed a job!!!!

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous employer?   View Answer

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview Details I was first recruited by a previous coworker at Aeropostale. I believe they have quotas they may need to fill. I interviewed with the DM days later, and it went well. So, she set up a phone interview with the Regional, that also seem to went well. They did ask pretty moderate questions that did get you thinking about yourself as a leader and business runner.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself as a leader?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wanted to get paid more, not just matched.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!