A123 Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

9 interviews

2.9

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at A123 Systems.

Initially, a phone interview to review primary details. A group interview, generally consisting of the hiring manager, HR manager, and other managers that the position would interact with. Finally, an interview with the hiring manager's manager. The interview questions did not appear to be well thought out, nor did the other interviewers (other than the hiring manager) seem well prepared (more like they were just going through the motions to appease some HR requirement.

Manager Interview

One phone interview. Took a while to get the in-person interview (delays on their part). The on-site interview involved four separate interviews. During the interviews I learned that I was going up against 2 internal candidates. Looks like I was the token outside applicant, as one of the insiders got the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked technical details of a project I worked on ages ago.   View Answer

Temp to Perm Assignment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livonia, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months - interviewed at A123 Systems.

Interviewed for a temp to hire position in December of 2009. Interview was at Novi location and we had to move conference rooms at least once. Met with 2 recruiters during first interview for about 30-60 minutes. Had a second round interview shortly thereafter meeting with the Plant Manager and HR Rep. Again had to move conference rooms at least once. Agency left a message that I did not get the assignment. Did not hear from anyone at A123.

6 months later the agency called me back about the position because the person they had chosen was not working out. (Come to find out it was an employee referral). Was told I was going to have a phone interview with the Employment Specialist on a Saturday. Never received a call. Then got a call from the agency that they wanted to set up a third interview. Met with the same 2 Recrutiers, the Employment Specialist & HR Rep from corporate, the HR Manager and the Director of HR.

Company was just getting up and running in Michigan so atmosphere was filled with excitement and high hopes.

Was brought in on a temp to perm assignment.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview process was very informal and non-structured.   Answer Question
    The temp to perm assignment did not allow for negotiation

Process Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Romulus, MI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Romulus, MI (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at A123 Systems in June 2012.

Still waiting on the outcome of the in house position applied for. It could take up to 3 weeks to find out.

Manufacturing Engineering Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at A123 Systems in November 2011.

During my second interview the hiring manager asked me how I would handle direct reports that felt burned out by the amount of hours they worked. RED FLAG The other person asked me to describe the most IMPRESSIVE problem I solved and repeated this five times. Hmmmm, do I really want to work for these "types" of people. HELL NO. I almost left the interview at that point. I invested two visits and the company didn't even send me a kiss off email. Avoid this company at all costs. Life is too short.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with direct reports that felt burned out by the amount of hours they worked.   View Answer

Docoment Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months - interviewed at A123 Systems in February 2009.

Interviewed in September 2008 and declined interest.
    Interviewed via company request in February 2009 and was offered position but company withdrew offer when I requested an early hours schedule.

Interview Questions
    Position was offered but one manager withdrew because of schedule hours I requested.

Senior Engineer (No Feedback Received Regarding Interview) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watertown, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A123 Systems in September 2010.

Had a decent interview. Even the hiring manager asked what is your interest level. I said I am definitely interested. He also mentioned that I am their top candidate. Got the offer after 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What do think is good way to go in this direction of work?   Answer Question

Chief Technology Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at A123 Systems in October 2009.

Firstly Video Interview, then face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve the manufacture process according to your previous experience?   View Answer
    be confidence!

Sr Mgr - NPD Procurement and Supplier Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hopkinton, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at A123 Systems in February 2009.

Went through a telephone screen.
    Then met with 5 people over a 4 hour period.
    The interview was thorough and tough.
    My initial impression was it would be a good place to work.
    People were intelligent and very nice.
    Unfortunately the follow up after the interview was atrocious.
    Not all interview candidates are a good fit with a company.
    If that was the case, then the company owes it to the candidate to be told as much.
    But my follow up phone calls were not returned
    E-Mail request for feedback or status were ignored.
    My initial impression was wrong.
    They could offer me 2X of my former salary.
    I'd never work there based upon my terrible interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would go about getting a cost down for this particular assembly.   View Answer

Worked for A123 Systems? Contribute to the Community!