ABB Group

Updated 10 Dec 2014

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in August 2011.

Through Hiring agency..not much difficulty. No permanent position. Have to go thorough their preferred recruitment agency. If you know the hiring manager or anyone who can refer, you will get the job

NO Negotiations

Associate Scientist Power Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in December 2014.

applied through campus, first resume based shortlisting giving importance to the project or thesis
    then technical and HR interview at campus. in technical interview they will ask about project in depth
    then they will check knowledge of basics of electrical engineering ,FACTS HVDC etc it will be a lengthier interview which lasts for 1.5 -2 hrs if they are interested, this will be followed by a brief HR round

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your self considering your technical background (unexpected)   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Interview was of 2 rounds .. Technical and HR. Technical round was taken by the hiring mgr and ask questions related to SQL ,Java and went for 40 min . After few weeks had next round with the recruiter and mostly behavioral questions were asked. Later they asked me to fill few documents and offer was released .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Telephonic Conversation abt prev projects and technical. Challenging project in the past.
    Technical questions on technology. Willingness to join. diff between HLD and LLD. Limitations of embedded world. Most interesting project of the past.

Bus Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Short and sweet. Panel type process with manager, vp operations and hr. Over in <2hours. It helped that I had insiders that helped to recruit me so I am sure they were briefed on my background.

Interview Questions
    • describe the technology of what I would be selling thought I had not been pre briefed.   Answer Question
    one sided

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

It involved the normal process after job application. A interview call / information was received after a period of 03 weeks. Interview was telephonic and selection communication was received a week later. Compensation negotiation and offer processing took couple of weeks more. The interview process was facilitated from Dubai.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ABB Group.

Straight forward, questions about PMBOK and ABB PM Framework.
    1) What is the framework?
    2) what is the most important in a project?
    3) How would you, solve this.. that...
    4) How you handle this and that in the past?
    5) Quetions, questions, questions... to survey your knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important aspects of a project, only PMBOK is not enough, we need to think about SAFETY which is very, very important to ABB.   Answer Question
    If was quick, 1 month.

Automation Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

I participated in the selection process and was selected among the three finalists, but the work got someone already working in this company in Chile for the company policies.
    The process is a little slow. The meeting was useful for them to know me, however, the chances I had were low, as someone who already worked at the company had more possibilities.

Interview Questions
    • how you managed to solve a specific problem in a previous work?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online – interviewed at ABB Group.

Online application: on the company website
    Technical questionnaire: knowledge of area you are applying for and the language
    Interview in the office: getting to know each other, some technical question

Overall, very pleasant process and friendly people.

Sales Manager Interview

My previous company was bought by ABB so I had no inteview at all.
    I was moved to the position I held in my previous company.

In ABB there is a yearly employee's performance appraisal, where each and every eployee is validated in performances, goals reached and targets for next year