ABB Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB (Melbourne) in August 2011.

Interview

Through Hiring agency..not much difficulty. No permanent position. Have to go thorough their preferred recruitment agency. If you know the hiring manager or anyone who can refer, you will get the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO Negotiations

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

First round of assessment includes a group discussion followed by a group presentation. Each group has around 6-7 people and the group discussion lasts 20 minutes while the presentation lasts 5 minute. Successful candidates proceed on to an individual presentation. You were given 15 minutes to prepare and have to present to a group of assessors, similar to a sales pitch.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ABB (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Arrangement and Presence the local Division Manager, Local Business Unit Manager and HRBP, deem as how focus and importance f the role. In order to optimise the interview process, all application document are submit before interview and a profile test was also conducted online.

Interview Questions

• Quote a past successful experience / event you have undertaken   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABB.

Interview

I applied online. After one week from my submission, I received a call from ABB HR and they fixed a phone interview for two days later. Then, they called me right at the fixed time and the guy asked me lots of technical questions. However, unfortunately the phone signal was weak such that I heard him with difficulty and also our conversation was terminated several times. I think these affected my interview and did not let me represent myself and my capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions were asked. One of them was about wavelet application in power systems and the difference between wavelet and Fourier transforms.   Answer Question

Configuration Specialist/Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ABB (Kraków (Poland)) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying to ABB, 3 days later I was called by a recruiter and invited for an interview. I was interviewed by two people one of them was the project leader and the second one was the actual project Configuration Specialist. They first told me what would my responsibilities be like and then asked me a few questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions like writing code or algorythms. I was questioned about my availability and a few things that I stated in my CV - specifically previous experience and knowledge of Git and bash.   Answer Question

Working Student Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at ABB.

Interview

I had an interview with a manager and VP. The questions were very straightforward on CV, about previous experience in analytics. Then some questions were regarding ABB, what its values, major business and etc. Overall, very good treatment from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Why I have applied this position   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

I was invited to an on campus interview. The Interviewer was very nice and easy going. Most of the interview he just told me about the company (which I had already researched beforehand) and talked about his career at ABB. He asked me a few questions about my resume--nothing to serious--and I left thinking it had gone really well. About a week later they told me they were going a different direction. I never really understand what they were looking for, because they contacted me about applying like they were interested in me, but then it never went anywhere. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about xyz on your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ABB.

Interview

This is my first job interview ever and it turned out to be a nightmare. There were 2 people from the HR dep. sitting there and attacked me with all there questions. There was no smiling, no friendly gesture. The man may be from the higher hierarchy stayed still with his dangerous face under his glasses and his crossed arm. The woman I think just be there for me to fell that I was not alone with that fearful guy. That was a year ago so I don't remember exactly how the process was but I will never forget how they make me fell.

Interview Questions

• You suppose to get all the question with the most stressful way.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

Called for direct interview on site Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay?
    Was one round of telephonic then one round on site and then HR round for negotiations

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay?
      They ask about ABB relays like REF 615, 630 relays
      What you know about medium voltage switchgear?
      What are faults ? 3 phase faults etc

Answer Question

Negotiation

HR is hard negotiator here

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Interview

I joined ABB as a Management Trainee. We were selected based on our undergraduate GPA, and the requirement was a minimum of 70% (in the Indian system of calculation - in percentages). First of, there was a comprehensive assessment in Math, English and concepts of engineering. Then, a final one-on-one interview at the headquarters, conducted by the HR and one Vice President.

Interview Questions

• What is so different about ABB and why do you want to join us ?   1 Answer