ABB

Updated 24 Feb 2015

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB in August 2011.

Through Hiring agency..not much difficulty. No permanent position. Have to go thorough their preferred recruitment agency. If you know the hiring manager or anyone who can refer, you will get the job

NO Negotiations

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

I was invited to an on campus interview. The Interviewer was very nice and easy going. Most of the interview he just told me about the company (which I had already researched beforehand) and talked about his career at ABB. He asked me a few questions about my resume--nothing to serious--and I left thinking it had gone really well. About a week later they told me they were going a different direction. I never really understand what they were looking for, because they contacted me about applying like they were interested in me, but then it never went anywhere. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Tell me about xyz on your resume.   Answer Question

Human Resources Cum Administration Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ABB.

This is my first job interview ever and it turned out to be a nightmare. There were 2 people from the HR dep. sitting there and attacked me with all there questions. There was no smiling, no friendly gesture. The man may be from the higher hierarchy stayed still with his dangerous face under his glasses and his crossed arm. The woman I think just be there for me to fell that I was not alone with that fearful guy. That was a year ago so I don't remember exactly how the process was but I will never forget how they make me fell.

Interview Questions
    • You suppose to get all the question with the most stressful way.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Called for direct interview on site Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay?
    Was one round of telephonic then one round on site and then HR round for negotiations

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on schematics, what are CT specification, what is use of open delta VT? what is distance relay?
      They ask about ABB relays like REF 615, 630 relays
      What you know about medium voltage switchgear?
      What are faults ? 3 phase faults etc

Answer Question
    HR is hard negotiator here

DreamGas Insulated Switchgear Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABB.

I applied online, and am contacted by the recruiter for an interview after one and a half month. The interview itself was rescheduled two times. I was interviewed by a HR recruiter and the Line Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The first questions are the standard ones. The Line Manager was interested in the details and even asked about physical phenomenons which appeared in self introduction (travel experiences for example), which is quite unexpected for me. At the end, there is only one technical related question, which can be covered with some pre-interview research.   Answer Question

Graduate Chemical Engineer - Safety Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ABB.

Applied in late October, got an invitation to an assessment center and interview in early January. It was very well arranged, with HR recruitment very helpful and answered all my questions quickly. It was arranged for us to stay in a nice hotel and meet some of the current engineers the evening before the interview day. It was very useful as we could ask lots of questions. The assessment day began with a presentation about ABB company and then the graduate scheme, which made me even more attracted to the role! Interviews then followed, first a technical section and then competency questions. It lasted about 1.5 hours. After lunch we had a group activity where we had to solve a problem. We finished the day at about 3:30. It was arranged very well.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest mistake you have made? What resulted from it?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

I joined ABB as a Management Trainee. We were selected based on our undergraduate GPA, and the requirement was a minimum of 70% (in the Indian system of calculation - in percentages). First of, there was a comprehensive assessment in Math, English and concepts of engineering. Then, a final one-on-one interview at the headquarters, conducted by the HR and one Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • What is so different about ABB and why do you want to join us ?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB.

Telephonic based interview which is conducted by the technical and HR.After that negotiation of salary.Then about the joining date discussions and air ticket booking for transfer from the middle east itself

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sant Quirze del Vallès (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sant Quirze del Vallès (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ABB.

Head hunter then Site company supervisor and HHRR representative interviews.
    I was second option. Looks are priority. I was overweight back then.
    Started the very next day.
    While filing I noticed a discrepancy of a million euros. I claimed and recupared such amount.
    The company created my job position after my coworker cameback.
    That was my process of hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Accept orders from people under academic educated than I.   View Answer
    • Do you speak english?   View Answer
    Cover a temporary medical leave.

Test Engineer Interview

Got though campus recruitment. Interview mostly focused on resume and projects about electrical engineering. asked if i was available on-call on weekends as it was a manufacturing company. interview was fairly easy, nothing difficult

Interview Questions
    • asked if i was available on-call on weekends   View Answer
    as a student hire, negotiation didn't help much. accepted the offer i received