ADP

ADP Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

Was contacted by HR and had a wonderful phone interview. Set up the next face-to-face interview and also had a wonderful experience. They offered my a position contingent on passing a background check (employment screening through a third party) and a drug test.

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ADP.

The interview process was very lengthy, I had 4 interviews including a ride along before I even sat down with the hiring manager. Upon the last interview when meeting the hiring manager, he seemed disinterested before I even had a chance to discuss the position with him. After going on the ride along, I realized that although there are great incentives and it does seem like a good company, it's all a numbers game and if you're not cut throat and willing to knock down the coworker next to you, it's probably not the right company/position for you.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

I was contacted by a recruiter. She was wonderful, very easy to talk to and communicate with. I got the feeling that she was just trying to see if I could communicate well over the phone. It was really strait forward. I thought it was very easy if you have a good phone presence.

The next step was a phone interview with the sales manager in the area I was applying for. It was also straight forward. Super simple if you are a good communicator.

The recruiter then called me and told me that they wanted to move forward. I went out with a salesman who was on the role I was applying for. It was a great experience. I got to see what it was really like and I thoroughly enjoyed talking and seeing this salesman make a solid sale. He was very open and honest with me about the position and after going to lunch with the manager and the salesman I went back to the office for a short simple interview with the manager. He basically just wanted to know my motivation and what makes me tick as a person. We talked about the sales process and 45 min later I was on my way home.

The recruiter then contacted me again and said that they wanted to move forward. I had a phone interview with the VP of sales in the greater area. That person was nice and easy to talk to. It was a quick 15 min interview. The next day they contacted me and let me know they wanted to offer me a job! I was excited and I start very soon.

Super straight forward process and they were all great to deal with. I am looking forward to working with them.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Fair and low base salary, but commission scale is great.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ADP in February 2015.

Talked to Recruiter. He was very nice and told me I would hear back next day...... Nothing from him, spoke to another recruiter in another office and she as well said she would let me know the next day and nothing as well

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special, just asked about background and what you did in previous roles   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at ADP in February 2015.

I found the job posting on indeed. After I applied on the company website, I received an email the next day from a recruiter who set up a phone interview with me. After the phone interview, the recruiter told me I may be a good match for the position and set up a face-to-face interview with the VP of sales for the following week. I just had my face-to-face interview today (Thursday), and the VP told me I will hear back on Tuesday.

The recruiter called me a day before my interview and gave me some helpful tips. She also called me after my interview and asked me how it went.

Interview Questions
    • Why sales?
      What motivates you?
      Why ADP?/ What do you know about ADP?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Tell me about yourself
      If you're having a rough week, what do you do to overcome it?

Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at ADP.

I was approached by a recruiter, she set up a phone interview where she scheduled a face-to-face interview with the VP of sales. The interview went well and Brad was very nice and thoughtful. Got an email from the recruiter the next day saying they decided to pursue other candidates.. Every time I asked her for extra information like feedback, she would say "let me see" and never got back with me so there was no way to find out what I did wrong or what I needed to do to be considered in the future, which I think is pretty shady. I like to learn by my mistakes, but everything else was a smooth process.

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

I was interviewing as a current Paychex employee. I was also applying for a position in another city 7 hours from my house. I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. He was very helpful and offered me the chance to meet with the hiring manager later that week. I told him that I could not make the trip on such short notice and would need to do a phone interview instead. A date a time were confirmed. One the date and time of the phone interview the hiring manager never called me, this was rescheduled for the following week. Once the manager did call me, he was rude and basically told me I had to meet him in person I finally decided to make the trip to the office. My appointment was at 11 and I was sitting in a conference room for a half hour waiting for someone to talk to me. He was again rude and barely let me speak to answer my questions. I then did a role play as a sales rep with another manager and was told I did well. I was then told a recruiter would contact me the following week. I received the rejection email soon after.

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

I had a phone interview which was very easy going and the employee was very informative and helpful. I applied online and the next day they called to set up a phone interview. I set up another interview with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • Why Sales? What is your ultimate end goal as a career?   Answer Question

1st interview with VP of Sales
    2nd interview with a Sales Executive
    3rd interview was a ride along with a rep in the position
    4th interview was a role play

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in three words?
      Why should we hire you?
      How Will your previous experience help you in this role?

Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ADP in December 2014.

The interview process is four steps. So far, I have completed the first two steps and await the next two. It has been great thus far!

I live out of state, so my first two interviews were over the phone. The first was with a recruiter. The second was with the VP in sales for the area which I applied. Both were very nice and easy to talk to. If you interview with the company definitely be yourself! It sounds to me like this is a great job, IF you fit well in this type of environment. From everything I have read and researched, the job is VERY competitive. If you can't handle that or do not enjoy competing, do not apply. If you like that type of environment, try it out.

Don't be nervous though because the people interviewing are VERY nice and easy to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me constructive criticism you have recently received from your current employer.   Answer Question