ADT Security Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Residential Sales Representative

Interviewed at ADT Security Services

Interview Details This interview was full of lies about the job. A lot of what was discussed never came true and some of what you were expected to do was never discussed. Take lots of notes. Make sure you understand it all.

Interview Question – Not real hard ones.   Answer Question

Irving, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at ADT Security Services in May 2014.

Interview Details Received a phone call pertaining to setting up an interview time, once confirmed, was sent a text detailing time and address. Arrived 25 minutes before scheduled time. I signed in and was immediately retrieved and taken into the interview room. I was interviewed by one of the hiring managers.

Interview Question – Do you have call center experience?   View Answer

High Volume Residential and Small Business Installer Interview

High Volume Residential and Small Business Installer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview Details 6 steps total. The interview process was comfortable. Very straight forward questions. The questions that where asked where technical in nature. The background check is very in-depth.

Interview Question – Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES

Interviewed at ADT Security Services

Interview Details Its very lengthy and very simple process. As long as you have your ducks in a row and have a solid plan/goal in mind you have a good chance at being hired.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview Details hiring process was over 10 years ago and it was abysmal. no on boarding, i was placed in a 'fax cube' because there were no other spaces and I was relocating from across the country.... extremely bad

Interview Question – absolutely zero on boarding, it's sink or swim and good luck.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i held off as long as possible because i really didn't want the job

Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services in July 2013.

Interview Details easy to interview with, coworkers are enjoyable to work with, explains position expectations, advises about drug test, and criminal background check, explains is commission only, explains 2 day training will be an hourly wage not commission

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Custom Homes Sales Representative Interview

Custom Homes Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume online. Went through a typical process of going over my resume, basic overview of the job, questions about my work experience and comfort with the sales process, etc. She then scheduled a phone interview for me with the area sales manager, who went through a very similar process over the phone. Then we met in person. After that, the job was offered to me.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions. If you are a sales rep and have been on any interviews lately, be prepared for typical questions: Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you handled it. What are 3 qualities you feel would be important for this position, and why? What would previous employees and coworkers say are your strengths and weaknesses and would you agree with them? Tell me about a time you were given advice or correction by a manager and how did you handle it? Tell me about how you handle stressful situations at work.... That sort of thing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a commission only job.

Residential Sales Representative Interview

Residential Sales Representative
Chatsworth, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ADT Security Services in January 2014.

Interview Details The interview process is short. You get hired after a preliminary background check, a more indepth FBI check, which you front, once you are in HR signing papers. They do not inform you much of anything. HR is not current with current law changes in reference to benefits.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult sale? Typical question for sales. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. You were given a breakdown by month on the "training" salary, they do not tell you you really need to have at least one yr of back up savings/money to survive ADT payroll/sales. New system of payment is not upfront and now takes up to 30 days to get any monies. No residuals of any kind so you are constantly on. They are not honest about the time required...try 6am text messages from your manager to 9:30pm daily except Sunday. Sunday you get the texts in the afternoon.

If I were to do this again, I would not have accepted. Literally, I lost money each day as the use of my vehicle, insurance, gas, meetings all took a toll. In the end, my hourly was $4.92. NOT worth it.

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ADT Security Services in June 2013.

Interview Details Anyone that applies gets hired straight commission jobs they hire who ever will apply. Recruiters can't get applicants because they have such a bad history and are known to be the worst company to work for. Individuals stay for 1200 training wage and after 30 days when it stops or drops in half they quit.

Interview Question – None its the breath test! They will hire anyone that walks in the door major turnover   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 15 minute phone call

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ADT Security Services.

Interview Details Lots of exaggeration of training and assistance in the interview. The interviewer really lied about the amount of business the company would be drawing in to get the sales staff appointments we could build on to get referrals.

Interview Question – I did not encounter difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a commission only position, with very little training or support. What advice would I give? Don't waste your time with a company that doesn't care the least about its employees or current customers.

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!