AIG

Updated 28 Jan 2015
Updated 28 Jan 2015

2.7

Catastrophe Modeling Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at AIG.

Rounds:
    1. Two aptitude tests with essay writing( Normal aptitude and English)
    2. Technical Interview( About company, probability questions, maths questions )
    3. HR interview ( About yourself, about company, strengths weaknesses, maths questions)

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

Applied online in August. Got notification in December that I would be invited to a January interview. The HR department told me it could take up to two weeks to receive a decision, but they expedited the process for me because I had another offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Being asked for a couple behavioral questions based on my resume. No technical ones for me. Interviews were held by associates. They were very friendly and helpful on answering questions.

SummerOperations & Systems Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

After submitting my resume through email, I received a phone call to set up a pre-interview screening. From there, I was told to attend the interview "Super Day". The interview day consisted of three 30 minute rotations of interviews, with a break in between. After all rotations were over, AIG provided lunch.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time when you had to deliver bad news to a team? Describe the situation and how you went about it.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

I just applied through the campus webpage and got on campus interview. It was a back-to-back interview. You needed to speak with the manager first then with another person. They responded after one week. Questions were most related to behavior questions.

Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AIG in January 2015.

The interview was one and half hour. Three interviewers. 30mins for each. Three candidates were led to an office to chat with the hr and a senior before the interview started.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when your teammate was difficult to work with, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your time in your work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you face a big challenge and you failed it.   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AIG in January 2015.

Referred by an inside employee but HR was impressed more by my Japanese capability. It went on towards 1st phone interview called from Tokyo office. The interview is all in Japanese. They checked your background first and went on to ask every details about your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavior questions, biggest challenge? deal with team work? why AIG Tokyo? what do you know about insurance?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Got a phone screening first, very basic about your resume. Then if you are selected, you will have an interview with different employees of the department. They will ask you to elaborate on your resume and tell you about the position.

Interview Questions

The drive plus the salary would not have paid off.

Accountant III Interview

Smooth and straight forward, focus on behavioral questions to find the right match for the position. The process to select a candidate takes in average from two to three weeks.

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You meet with several managers including the HR recruiter. They try to have you meet with as many people in one day and generally takes a week to receive feedback from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how to do plan on achieving that goal?   Answer Question
    You have to be careful on negotiating your pay and time off. You need to negotiate this in the beginning and get it in writing. Management changes often.