ALDI

2.8

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I was invited for a group interview. there were 6 of us at that time and we were asked to interview the person next to you then later on present him/her to the group. i think it saved the manager a whole lot of time. questions were very common (e.g. why do u want to work for aldi etc.). after each presentation, the manager would also asked about your availability and location preference. then there was a quick tour around the store and finally a math test (very basic). the successful applicants would be contacted by email/phone for a one on one interview with the area manager and store manager.

Store Assistant/Deputy Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Was called about my application about 3 months after I applied for an impromptu phone interview. Was then invited for a group interview. Area Manager walked our group around a store asking us questions about what we knew of Aldi. I was the only one who seemed to have done their homework and could answer her questions. Later in the one on one interview she seemed to want to gauge my willingness to do physically hard work and my ability to provide good customer service.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly standard questions, describe a time when you went 'above and beyond' to provide great customer service. Tell me about a time when things didn't go to plan and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Applied online. Heard back from them after a month, they invited me to a interview. First round was a group interview. They ask some basic questions regarding our flexibility, days and time we will be available to work. After this round selected people are asked to move to the next room where one of the area manager presents us with the company profile for around 20 minutes. once this is done, there is a one on one interview with the area managers with few general questions and two or three numerical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The numerical questions. basic addition and subtraction question regarding the money counting.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in May 2009.

Aldi's recruitment process for the management trainees are handled through Hudsons.

I had an initial screening interview over the phone with a Hudson junior recruiter - very easy questions, just basic interview stuff. Only took about 10 minutes.

I was then invited for a 1 hour interview with a more senior Hudsons recruiter - the questions here are focused on your leadership qualities: how would you train people, solve problems, deal with angry customers, etc.

I was then successful and went onto the assessment centre round. This is essentially the final round and we had a group activity plus interview with a senior ALDI manager. It went the whole day. In the group activity we were given a hypothetical plane crash scenario and had to prioritise a list of items we would take with us.

I bombed out I guess because I didn't get the position.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

For the DM position I interviewed with 7 different people including the VP, 5 directors and 1 current DM. Aldi takes great care in only hiring the best of the best, so it is quite a rigorous process. After interviews are complete there was a personality and IQ type test. After selected, final offer was contingent on passing background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation (and no need for it) DMs are on a scale that well exceedes any pay in the market. When I started 2-3 years ago, the pay was $70,000 and now starting pay is $80,000, with climbing the scale I am now at $95,000. Aldi takes care of its people, no need to negotiate as if the employer is your opponent.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Submitted my resume through my university's career website. Got called for an information session a week after. Did a face-to-face interview with one of the Directors. He mainly assessed whether I had the gut to do the things that are listed in the job description- like cleaning toilets.

Interview Questions
    • How did you pay for your college tuition? Describe your leadership style. How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN (US)

I submitted my resume at an on campus career fair at a college. I then was invited to and attended an information session and then had a first round interview at the college campus (about 2 weeks after the fair). The second round interview included group and individual interviews at the divisional office about 3 weeks later. A final round interview with the divisional vice president, a director of operations, and several district managers was conducted 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • While reviewing video at a store you observe one of your best employees who has been with the company for over 10 years eating a bag of chips that she did not and does not pay for. Company policy says the punishment for stealing is termination, however you are short staffed with the Holiday season coming up and the employee has not prior policy violations. What do you do?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Aldi is upfront about their salary for all entry level hires. However, their offer is significantly higher than the industry average.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

There was a dinner for all of the next day's interviewees. I did two separate interviews (two separate days), 30 minutes each. One was with another District Manager and the second was with an Operations Director. The reason I had two of the shorter interviews is because they shifted me from one district to a different district, based on my long-term location preferences.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you were district manager over a store that is located in a town that is highly adverse to diversity. You have a diverse store manager from out of town that none of the local store employees will listen to or respect, so the store is completely falling apart, none of your goals are being met, sales are down, the store is a mess etc. What do you do?

Say you are driving to a store to do interviews of potential new employees when you get a call from a store manager at a store in the opposite direction to tell you that there has just been a huge fist fight, the store employees are gone and he is there by himself. There is no one to cover the interviews you are supposed to be doing at one store, but you have a store manager in a crisis at another store. What do you do?

Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

2 interviews. I was offered a position at the end of second interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks. The first interview was basically me explaining my while job history. Second interview was pretty typical "tell me about a time..." Questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a coworker took something without paying for it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

From school website. They have a pre-dinner to introduce what the job do and related question. after that we had a 1vs 1 interview. they just let me go over my resume. nothing special.