ALDI Interview Questions

2.8

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I was invited for a group interview. there were 6 of us at that time and we were asked to interview the person next to you then later on present him/her to the group. i think it saved the manager a whole lot of time. questions were very common (e.g. why do u want to work for aldi etc.). after each presentation, the manager would also asked about your availability and location preference. then there was a quick tour around the store and finally a math test (very basic). the successful applicants would be contacted by email/phone for a one on one interview with the area manager and store manager.

Store Assistant/Deputy Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Was called about my application about 3 months after I applied for an impromptu phone interview. Was then invited for a group interview. Area Manager walked our group around a store asking us questions about what we knew of Aldi. I was the only one who seemed to have done their homework and could answer her questions. Later in the one on one interview she seemed to want to gauge my willingness to do physically hard work and my ability to provide good customer service.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly standard questions, describe a time when you went 'above and beyond' to provide great customer service. Tell me about a time when things didn't go to plan and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Applied online. Heard back from them after a month, they invited me to a interview. First round was a group interview. They ask some basic questions regarding our flexibility, days and time we will be available to work. After this round selected people are asked to move to the next room where one of the area manager presents us with the company profile for around 20 minutes. once this is done, there is a one on one interview with the area managers with few general questions and two or three numerical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The numerical questions. basic addition and subtraction question regarding the money counting.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in May 2009.

Aldi's recruitment process for the management trainees are handled through Hudsons.

I had an initial screening interview over the phone with a Hudson junior recruiter - very easy questions, just basic interview stuff. Only took about 10 minutes.

I was then invited for a 1 hour interview with a more senior Hudsons recruiter - the questions here are focused on your leadership qualities: how would you train people, solve problems, deal with angry customers, etc.

I was then successful and went onto the assessment centre round. This is essentially the final round and we had a group activity plus interview with a senior ALDI manager. It went the whole day. In the group activity we were given a hypothetical plane crash scenario and had to prioritise a list of items we would take with us.

I bombed out I guess because I didn't get the position.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

First round on campus, second on location. Process was easy and all the interviews were behavioral. I enjoyed my day on campus at Aldi and was offered position. Great company

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Process was straight forward. You should not have an issue talking to someone at a career fair because no one every goes to their tables or events. A couple rounds of interviews in office with several Director level personnel and a meeting with the Division VP. Drug and background screen should you be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a company that sells something as unsexy as groceries.   View Answer
    Interviewers will try to intimidate you a little by use of facial expression and short answers to your questions. Honestly, I should have put more value on how negative the approach was to interviewing. I would not have accepted if I knew that the interviewers personality mirrored their company philosophy and attitude.

Shift Manager/Cashier Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I went to a job fair in my town Monday morning dressed in nice clothes and heels, and filled out an application. About 4 hours later I received a phone call from a district manager saying that she wanted to interview me. She asked if I could come in Wednesday morning and I told her I could not because I start work at my current job very early in the morning but asked if we could set something up for a different time of the day, or maybe even another day. She very quickly said she would give me a call right back to let me know and then basically hung up on me. I never revieved a phone call back. I tried calling back myself, and never received an answer or a call back. I think that was VERY unprofessional.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Had an on campus interview after a dinner with the VP the night before, that is a very important night! The interview was only about 10 minutes.

Was asked to a second interview in St. Louis, will go there in a few weeks.

No negotiation

District Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ALDI.

Interviewed with District Manager at local store. Basic interview questions. Interviewer spent a lot of time describing the duties of the job and providing an overview of the company structure. Fairly straightforward and expected.

District Manager Interview

The interview was pretty standard, what you would normally expect. I got the sense though that they were favoring people with a little more experience. I was interviewing as a sophomore and at the end of the interview, they asked me if I wanted to provide any more detail about myself or why I deserve to get the internship. I talked about for 2 minutes just on this question going over previous work experience in retail and academics/involvement in college.

Interview Questions
    • What's a decision that you have made that later on you thought wasn't the best one? It was worded something like that and it caught me a little off guard. I had to think for a bit on this one.   Answer Question