ALDI

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.8

Specialist Interview

The first interview is with the hiring manager. The second interview is with the hiring manager's manager. Because ALDI does not have a formal Human Resource department, do not expect internal recruitment specialists to filter and 'grill' you.

Interview Questions
    • None. Expect usual questions on experience, skills and achievements. Some behavioral and situational.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Fixed uniform salary for each position level.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I was invited for a group interview. there were 6 of us at that time and we were asked to interview the person next to you then later on present him/her to the group. i think it saved the manager a whole lot of time. questions were very common (e.g. why do u want to work for aldi etc.). after each presentation, the manager would also asked about your availability and location preference. then there was a quick tour around the store and finally a math test (very basic). the successful applicants would be contacted by email/phone for a one on one interview with the area manager and store manager.

Store Assistant/Deputy Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Was called about my application about 3 months after I applied for an impromptu phone interview. Was then invited for a group interview. Area Manager walked our group around a store asking us questions about what we knew of Aldi. I was the only one who seemed to have done their homework and could answer her questions. Later in the one on one interview she seemed to want to gauge my willingness to do physically hard work and my ability to provide good customer service.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly standard questions, describe a time when you went 'above and beyond' to provide great customer service. Tell me about a time when things didn't go to plan and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Applied online. Heard back from them after a month, they invited me to a interview. First round was a group interview. They ask some basic questions regarding our flexibility, days and time we will be available to work. After this round selected people are asked to move to the next room where one of the area manager presents us with the company profile for around 20 minutes. once this is done, there is a one on one interview with the area managers with few general questions and two or three numerical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The numerical questions. basic addition and subtraction question regarding the money counting.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in May 2009.

Aldi's recruitment process for the management trainees are handled through Hudsons.

I had an initial screening interview over the phone with a Hudson junior recruiter - very easy questions, just basic interview stuff. Only took about 10 minutes.

I was then invited for a 1 hour interview with a more senior Hudsons recruiter - the questions here are focused on your leadership qualities: how would you train people, solve problems, deal with angry customers, etc.

I was then successful and went onto the assessment centre round. This is essentially the final round and we had a group activity plus interview with a senior ALDI manager. It went the whole day. In the group activity we were given a hypothetical plane crash scenario and had to prioritise a list of items we would take with us.

I bombed out I guess because I didn't get the position.

Store Manager Interview

Very difficult interview. The first part was a test which was very hard as you are given limited time . I think that i only answered half of the questions so i thought i had no chance straight away.

None

Store Manager In Training Interview

Filled out the application in advance. Went to the "hiring session" and since I had their paperwork completed and also had my resume ready they took it from me and without reading, right away I was asked if I would only accept that position or if I was open to other job opportunities. The woman explained that resumes would be reviewed and I would be contacted within 2 weeks. I never was contacted. I am fairly over qualified for the position but have been a stay at home mom for several years and was really excited to jump back in and give a new position my all. I was very detailed about how my skills and experiences matched the KSAs they were seeking, one by one and was very detailed about how excited I was to work my way up and earn my stripes for the right company. Not sure what they are looking for exactly. Everyone from the company that was in the room looked fresh out of college.

District Manager Interview

Must go to a dinner meeting before the interview process. This is where they tell you all about the job and what ALDI is all about. The interview wasn't terribly hard but make sure you know why you'd be a good fit for a district manager.

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

Campus Recruitment - They had an info session with awesome food on-campus where they had the recruiter come in and gave us a presentation. Took interviews next day and were very neatly organised and punctual to time. They had shortlisted almost 40 candidates for hiring total of 3 DMT. A very difficult competition.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a DMT when you can do a very good analyst job?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

For the DM position I interviewed with 7 different people including the VP, 5 directors and 1 current DM. Aldi takes great care in only hiring the best of the best, so it is quite a rigorous process. After interviews are complete there was a personality and IQ type test. After selected, final offer was contingent on passing background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation (and no need for it) DMs are on a scale that well exceedes any pay in the market. When I started 2-3 years ago, the pay was $70,000 and now starting pay is $80,000, with climbing the scale I am now at $95,000. Aldi takes care of its people, no need to negotiate as if the employer is your opponent.