ALDI Interview Questions

2.8

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pendle Hill
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendle Hill

I applied online - interviewed at ALDI in September 2013.

Applied online. Heard back from them after a month, they invited me to a interview. First round was a group interview. They ask some basic questions regarding our flexibility, days and time we will be available to work. After this round selected people are asked to move to the next room where one of the area manager presents us with the company profile for around 20 minutes. once this is done, there is a one on one interview with the area managers with few general questions and two or three numerical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The numerical questions. basic addition and subtraction question regarding the money counting.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all.

Store Assistant/Deputy Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Was called about my application about 3 months after I applied for an impromptu phone interview. Was then invited for a group interview. Area Manager walked our group around a store asking us questions about what we knew of Aldi. I was the only one who seemed to have done their homework and could answer her questions. Later in the one on one interview she seemed to want to gauge my willingness to do physically hard work and my ability to provide good customer service.

Interview Questions
    • All fairly standard questions, describe a time when you went 'above and beyond' to provide great customer service. Tell me about a time when things didn't go to plan and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI in May 2009.

Aldi's recruitment process for the management trainees are handled through Hudsons.

I had an initial screening interview over the phone with a Hudson junior recruiter - very easy questions, just basic interview stuff. Only took about 10 minutes.

I was then invited for a 1 hour interview with a more senior Hudsons recruiter - the questions here are focused on your leadership qualities: how would you train people, solve problems, deal with angry customers, etc.

I was then successful and went onto the assessment centre round. This is essentially the final round and we had a group activity plus interview with a senior ALDI manager. It went the whole day. In the group activity we were given a hypothetical plane crash scenario and had to prioritise a list of items we would take with us.

I bombed out I guess because I didn't get the position.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2012.

The interview process is long and takes about 1 month to complete. I went through 4 stages before I was offered the job. The first round was one-on-one on my college campus with the VP of the Division. The second round was a group interview at the division office which included several one-on-one interviews with various directors, a tour of the warehouse, a personality exam, and a general knowledge exam (basic algebra, geometry, grammar, etc.). The third round was spent on a half-day with one of the District Managers to get a feel for the day-to-day aspects of the job. The final round was another one-on-one with the VP of the Division, and that was when the offer was made to me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I truly felt like I could handle the job, given the intense training program, and very demanding job requirements.   Answer Question

I received another job offer that was much better.

Aldi District Manager Interview

The process consists of three interviews. The first is a quick 30 minute interview with one person, more of like a screening. The next one consists of a 4-6 hour interview process that involves interviews with two other district managers, a Director of Operations and the Vice President of the area. In addition, as people take turns getting interviewed you are given two essay questions to write about. Finally, after this has been completed, you go to lunch with the team, come back and take a quick aptitude test(about 20 minutes long). Unfortunately, I did not pass to get into the interview, but the experience was great and everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have someone on your team who refuses to do a job such as cleaning the bathroom?   Answer Question

DM Interview

recruited at campus career fair. went to a info section after I got the call back, and the day before the interview. Recruiters fit the stereotypical "business people" profile: fast pace, sometimes impatient. I was scheduled for 11 but I wasnt called till 12. The interviewer didnt explain why or apologize for making me wait so long. There was another girl waiting as well another interviewer from Aldi. So it wasnt just this one, the whole interview schedule was behind. I found it very unprofessional.

Store Manager In Training Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at ALDI in February 2013.

Apply at Job Fair. Once you get the call you will go to 3 Interviews...first with DM, then Store Manager, who will walk you around the store to see if you can keep up and how you handle the freezer, Finally the RM will have the final interview and make the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing your last employer would say you needed work on?   Answer Question
    • you will be asked repeatedly if you are aware and ok with how physical this job is and are you willing to do it.   Answer Question
    Straight up. throughout the interview they are very informative and lay everything on the table.

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2014.

The hiring process was very unorganized and provided false hope for employment. I attended 2 different smaller interviews before making it to the final stage. I had to take 3 trips to Pittsburgh where they covered barely any expenses except a hotel for the final interview. The final interview was a day long process where I had to miss school. Overall it was very dry and there was not much that intrigued me. The people were nice but the atmosphere was very dry and seemed rehearsed as if they had done it a million times. I am glad I did not receive an offer. They expect so much because they give a large salary but you basically are expected to give up your life.

Interview Questions
    • They used a lot of scenario questions where you had to build upon answers you had given in the past. I thought the essay they required us to write was extremely dumb.   Answer Question

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!