ALDI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Order Selector Interview

Greenwood, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI in September 2011.

Interview Details Friendly and not at all uncomfortable.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions...ie what did you do at your last job, what did you like/dislike, how did you handle a difficult situation, have you ever had a deadline.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Applied on college career website and have interview with the director. simple questions

District Manager Intern Interview

Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Interview Details they came to my university's career fair, then I applied online and was asked to come to a "hiring event" waited 3 hours to just get screening questions for an actual interview at a later date. Did not get called back for a later interview

District Manager Internship Interview

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details on campus interview then 2 weeks for second round then 2 weeks for final round... way too long. It is not worth my time nor is it worth the salary. They want you to drive around more than you actually work. If you do the math backwards and find out how much you get paid they only give you about 9 bucks an hour.

Interview Question – We just talked the whole time   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Applied though school career website. We were treat with a nice dinner the day before the interview.

Interview Question – All common behavior questions   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details Was recruited by a DM. He told me to go visit a couple of stores and get back with him to set up a formal interview. And if that 1st interview goes well he would pass me onto the Director of my area. O I think normally it would be a 3 stage interview process but if you are being recruited it will be a 2 stage interview process. If you are not being recruited you have to attend one of their job fairs that the advertise in the paper and on Craigslist.

Interview Question – Why did you not go into another field.   Answer Question

Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Had one on ones with the VP and 2 Directors

Interview Question – Did you ever leave a job to avoid being fired?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – all pay and benefits accurately listed on the website including new car on day 1

District Manager Trainee Interview

District Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details They say they don't have a certain candidate they are looking for but I beg to differ. Interviewed for different positions in different parts of the state and recruiters at both events were very "frat like" in my opinion. Also very young, so I don't understand how they could decipher potential from just looking at a resume and saying oh ok. Ironic since they are hiring straight out of college.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? Manager cut me off midway and my interview was about 5minutes   View Answer

District Manager
Batavia, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in March 2013.

Interview Details I submitted my resume through campus recruiting and was invited to an information session followed by a 1:1 interview. Was then asked to do an on-site interview which lasted around 4 hours. Was interviewed by several existing district managers and their superiors. Then had lunch before the session was over. Everyone was very nice, though it was clear the company is very set in its ways.

Finally I did a ride-along interview with a current district manager. It went well I thought and I generally expected an offer. However I did not receive one. I believe this was because towards the end I probed about how long people usually stayed at Aldi and what other careers Aldi might set them up for.

Interview Question – Why Aldi?   Answer Question

DM Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Invited to a dinner the night before the interview. The next day the interview was only 20 minutes long... they don't take notes on what your saying and act as if they are not interested.. its all based on if they believe you are a good fit or not. Only asked 3 questions.

Interview Question – Would you rather work in a team environment or by yourself?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI