ALDI Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college recruitment website, I was brought in to meet the VP of my Division. I was confirmed and move on too a second interview at the Center Valley Head Main Office. I was interviewed with three other interns and given a math and literacy test. We toured the Warehouse and other various locations, very smooth process. Highly professional.

Interview Questions
    • Just know about Aldi, know there history, sustainability efforts/customer savings efforts.   Answer Question
    Everything is available on the website. Pay etc is all clear and highly competitive

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in June 2014.

Background: I'm a 25 year-old single woman with years of work experience in physical jobs, and administrative support roles. I relocated to Memphis to finish school, and I just wanted a part-time job for spending money.

I went to an Aldi Hiring event at one of the locations. Be sure to fill out an application in advance, and get there early because the line was out of the door when I left. One of the hiring managers just asked a few basic questions about our abilities and availability before taking our applications and advising that she would call.

I received a call that afternoon to come in for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of routine questions, and it placed a lot of emphasis on the amount of physical work associated with the position. I explained that I had UPS experience, so it wouldn't be an issue, but they kept harping on the physical demands. She actually said "Picture the hardest, most physically demanding job you have ever had, and multiply it by 10." That is NOT how you should sell a job. It was almost like they were purposely trying to turn me away from it.

A day after that interview, I was called in to meet with the regional manager at a store on the opposite side of town. He was very rushed and distracted during the interview, and asked if I thought I could handle the physical requirements. They were the exact same questions that I answered in the previous interview. I felt like I wasted my time and my gas mileage by going there, and I left the interview not caring if I received an offer or not.

I didn't receive an offer, and I think it may be due to the fact that I look over-qualified on paper. I wouldn't know since they didn't have the decency to call.

Interview Questions
    • "Assume that I asked you to set up a display, and you did it wrong. I tell you that you have done it wrong, so you will have to do it over. I come back, and its still wrong. What would you do?"   View Answer

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI in February 2014.

Turned in application . Got a call next day to set up first interview. Meet with director of warehouse for an 1 on 1 interview and did tour of warehouse with warehouse supervisor . Received a second call for second interview and an lift test the following day. Meet with warehouse supervisor for lift test and a detailed jobs description . Was offered the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an fellow employee not following that safety rules of our warehouse.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Open Interview, showed up 15 minutes early, resume and application in hand, dressed in a suit. Interviewer was in a full suit. Of the 8 or so that were early, I was the only one that was prepared, and not dressed in shorts/jeans and tank top/tshirt and flip flops. Ad specifically asked for application to be filled out prior. "Interview" lasted less than two minutes. Introduction, Can you work 40 hours?, Did you graduate high school? Do you have transportation? and can you lift over 40lbs? Answer yes, to all. "Great well it looks like you are qualified, We will be calling for interviews this evening" and that was it. Next guy after me was out the door before i was able to get to my car.

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at ALDI in February 2010.

Everyone hires on as a clerk and has to work their way up to the top so be prepared for a part time position that can lead to management in a few years.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of heavy lifting, and it is not presented that way at interview. You will be asked about your competence with money exchange. Be sure you can do simple math well and at a fast pace.   Answer Question

Unable to fulfill the physical requirements.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Lengthy process but company is upfront and honest about the entire thing. Went to 4 separate interviews. The store manager the district manager the director of operations and then back to the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • If I were on a magazine cover what magazine would it be and what would be the headline   View Answer
    Not negotiable.

Shop Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ALDI in August 2013.

I had a group interview in which we each answered some basic questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for Aldi, etc.), then took a maths quiz and each met with the area manager one by one, at which point we answered more questions (also pretty general).

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in July 2014.

Applied in June 2014 in person, I printed out an application and brought it in with my resume. I walked around the supermarket for a while and observed the workers for a bit just to get a sense of the environment and where I could possibly be working. I talked to the supervisor about the job and responsibilities as well as another employee about the hours and if my application looks good to turn in. I got called in for an interview about 3 week later which was held in the supermarket. It was a 2:1 interview with the district manager and an intern from a college.
    The interview process went better then expected it didn't feel like an interview more like a conversation every time I got the chance I threw some questions in there or gave little comments about things that were said to me to let them know I am paying attention. They started off the interview by saying they are not looking for the perfect person just a perfect fit in the store. I brought a little notebook and pencil that I had on my lap during the interview. The day before I researched some of their interview questions and wrote them down with the answers in the back of the book just in case and I also listed about 10 questions I wanted to ask which was good because during the interview some of them were answered but I still had something to work with. While they where looking at my resume I gave them an updated version including work and academic programs I participated in. In total it took about 30 minutes and they showed some interest in my School and major/minor and what I want to do with it, I would say interaction is really important they should not be the only ones talking and every answer should have an explanation so they can continue to see who you really are.
    They said to give them a week to call back and if I get called for another interview they would have scenarios for me and a general run down of what they would want me to do and how they expect to act.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person?   View Answer
    • With your major, what do you see yourself doing or what do you want to do with it?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    • If we were to call your last employer what would they say about you? What would they rate your performance?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spartanburg, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Turned in application in November 2013, got phone call at the end of January 2014. They called me on the phone and asked if i was still interested. Then I went in for an interview. Then there was a follow-up interview upon which they told me I had to submit to drug testing. After passing drug test they called me back in and trained me on the computer. All computer training was paid and they even paid $70 towards steel toe boots.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you fire an employee if you were in a manager position   View Answer
    No negotiation. Set wage of $10 per hour in South Carolina.

Shift Manager/Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in June 2014.

Hiring event in June. It was really impersonal then I was trying to ask questions and the lady cut me off and said if we are interested then we will call you.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any questions. It was a hiring event and I don't think the ladies were not really interested in asking questions to see if their was people/ person that were a good fit for the company   Answer Question