ALDI Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Took a few weeks to get a call back. when I went in for an interview and it was very brief and simple. There were only two or three questions asked and we spent most the time taking about job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the hardest thing to do when working for aldi?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

Had a 1:1 interview on campus. The interview was pretty negative. It focused on things I did wrong, instead of excelled in. She said it takes 2 weeks to hear back about second rounds which take place in Greenwood. Find out about an offer before Thanksgiving break.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was "why Aldi" based instead of behavioral questions   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI.

I applied through my college which directed me to apply on their website. They called me for an interview very quickly. The first interview was with their VP of district managers. Well, he is the reason for my review. He asked simple questions, but his demeanor was not very flattering. He constantly said "right, uh huh" and it was a little overbearing. He also talked mainly about the salary, and how much employees at Aldi make (which is not why I applied). Then, after I answered all of his questions, he started asking personal questions about my family and what my parents do as a living. It was a little awkward and he came off as rude. Maybe he was having a bad day, but he doesn't seem like the best person to work with.

Interview Questions

I couldn't see myself working at this company especially after talking to this man. What a let down.

Aldi District Manager Interview

The process consists of three interviews. The first is a quick 30 minute interview with one person, more of like a screening. The next one consists of a 4-6 hour interview process that involves interviews with two other district managers, a Director of Operations and the Vice President of the area. In addition, as people take turns getting interviewed you are given two essay questions to write about. Finally, after this has been completed, you go to lunch with the team, come back and take a quick aptitude test(about 20 minutes long). Unfortunately, I did not pass to get into the interview, but the experience was great and everyone was very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you have someone on your team who refuses to do a job such as cleaning the bathroom?   Answer Question

DM Interview

recruited at campus career fair. went to a info section after I got the call back, and the day before the interview. Recruiters fit the stereotypical "business people" profile: fast pace, sometimes impatient. I was scheduled for 11 but I wasnt called till 12. The interviewer didnt explain why or apologize for making me wait so long. There was another girl waiting as well another interviewer from Aldi. So it wasnt just this one, the whole interview schedule was behind. I found it very unprofessional.

Deputy Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied for the Deputy Store Manager role on line and within in a week I received a phone call asking if I can attend a group interview. In the group interview there was 9 off us and we got asked to know everything about the person next to you in two minutes which was easy and then we did the survival exercise on how you would survive on certain items etc. Near the end we did a flexibility form and maths test, Very basic! e.g. £100 change from £41.35. After I received another phone call for 1-1 interview and this only consisted of asking me about my lifestyle and why I want to work for ALDI, They couldn't offer me the DSM role because the role has been filled internally, and instead offered me a 25hr store assistant contract with no possible overtime due the efficiency they run by. I said I would consider it and then got offered a work trial and again very easy it's just a tour of the store and how they work. in the end I declined. the store assistant role which has no overtime just 25hrs flat. I think it's a good company to work for if your willing to work really hard and graft for the good pay.

No overtime for DSM.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I've always wanted to work for Aldi but I could never make it to the Hiring Event. So finally i just took my application I printed offline to my local Aldi, just two days after the Hiring Event I missed. A week goes by and I forgot all about it and I'm asked to come in for an interview the following week. On the day of, I was sure to arrive 10 minutes early where the District Manager came to greet me into the office. Immediately i got comfortable as he asked me to tell him about myself like my intrests abd hobbies. He went on further asking about my previous jobs. I verified basic things address phone numbers. The interview lasted 10 minutes or less and he said he would see if he could set me up a second interview with the Store Manager. Same day i had a second interview with the store manager . He liked me snd made the call. When i left there an hour later I was offered the job. I accepted gladly. Following friday i took my drug test and now im awaiting Orientation! !!!!

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Aldi?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a customer was upset, how did you solve the problem and what steps did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

Campus recruiters at Career Fair, went to an informational dinner, then interviewed with VP. The process was very professional and they were very transparent about what it takes to work there and what life will be like should you accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. Lots of inquiry into leadership roles.   Answer Question

Aldi District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I applied through my college career website and was selected for an interview. Prior to attending the interview I attended an dinner info session where employees from ALDI thoroughly informed me about the position. I had my interview the next day which was a typical interview where the interview asked mostly questions about me and what my plans where for the future. The interview didn't last very long and the questions asked where very straight forward and typical. After the interview I was told that i would be contacted within a few days and the next day I received an email informing me that I had been selected to move on to the next step of the process which is an onsite interview at a district location.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you instead of any of the other candidates for the position   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ALDI in September 2014.

I got an email inviting me to a dinner that night before the interview to tell us what the company is all about and at the end we had a chance to talk to the representatives of aldi.

Interview Questions
    • What do your friends think about you?
      What are your hobbies?
      How did you handle a confrontational situation with a fellow colleague?
      have you had any leadership positions in the past? what did that entail?
      Tell me about yourself
      tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
      why did you choose Aldi?
      What is the best and work decision you ever made?
        Answer Question