ALDI

Average Difficulty
357 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details One phone interview, one face to face interview, an entire day interview, one final interview with hiring manager. I only made it to the face to face interview. The VP of the District Managers was easy to talk to, although he did ask hard questions. He seemed to judge me from the get-go.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the grocery industry?   View Answer

Denton, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Series of interviews which starts with an on campus dinner. After on campus interviews they select a few to come for final round interviews. Final round of interviews consists of 3 short interviews with VPs and former District Managers. Interviews are pretty straightforward, they just want to see who can handle the loads of pressure from this job.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an unhappy store manager?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – This job seems to pay well, but for the time and effort this job does not compensate workers well at all. Several older classmates had taken this job and had quit before the end of the first year. They try to bait you in with a "high" salary, but I ended up taking another job that requires much less time and effort with similar pay. Stay away from ALDI, don't be fooled by the compensation package. Use this offer to leverage another offer and decline ALDI.

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details Group Interview, Meeting an existing area manager in store, personality assessment, final interview with director.

Found initial 3 stages fine as a competitive background in sport creates a great base for demonstrating determination and commitment. Waiting on final interview.

Interview Question – Most challenging personal experience?   Answer Question

Store Supervisor Interview

Store Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

Interview Details Online application - lots of questions. Phone call inviting me to an informal get to know you group interview in store. Around 6 of us with the area manager. Everyone wore shirt/tie etc. Went around the room introducing yourself. You then done a maths test - adding/subtracting/multiplication/division/long multiplication. Then you done a shop floor walk where you had to find positives and negatives about the store. You then go back in and discuss your findings.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself - I do not think i sold myself as much as i should have at this point. I went first. Everyone else really detailed their work history/education at this point. If its been a while since you left school practice your simple maths skills. You do not get a calculator.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Batavia, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 Interview Process, pretty basic, lot of behavioral questions. Very professional environment and hiring managers are direct with laying out the growth opportunities at ALDI. Big emphasis on professionalism, organization, and details. Employer is more old school, have to fill out paper application.

Interview Question – Lots of Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Leamington, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Group interview - Meet with the Operations Director. You are first given a Math Test. The math test is basic arithmetic. The group is then broken into teams and given a topic to discuss, debate and reach a conclusion on. The team then appoint a spokesperson. to give feedback. The Operations Director watches how the team interact and who contributes to the debate.

Interview Question – What makes a good manager.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Purchasing Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details They make it clear in the interview that you will never grow in the company and will have to be satisfied where you are at and they make it clear they do not want to have to hire for the position again so you better be prepared to stick around. They also made it clear there is no real culture or 'fun' to be had and how serious the office environment was. While I completely understand hard work, I think companies thrive when there is a mix of both so I was shocked at how forward they were with this information. I consider some of what they said to be severe drawbacks to a corporate company...however, some may see that as a good thing. It was a great learning experience with regards to the structure of ALDI...but not a company I could see most people wanting to be apart of if they would like to grow in their careers. Definitely not for me.

Interview Question – What would you do if you came into an environment where you had to learn your new job but everyone was too busy to help you?   View Answer

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Showed up to the hiring event. People showed up in jeans and I'm assuming they didn't get called back for a second interview. I went to a group interview the same day for a really easy interview and a tour around the store. Got called back a few days later to come in and have an interview with the store manager and I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What would you do if the store was out of strawberries and a customer wanted some?   View Answers (2)

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details I attended a store hiring event, was called about two weeks later for an over the phone interview and was asked at the end of the call for a face to face interview a week or two later. Face to face interview with a District Manager lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – would you be willing to take an offer of a lower position if the position of store manager trainee was not offered to you?   View Answer

District Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Applied through University Career Site, got an on-campus interview. It took about 30 minutes, questions were mostly general ones like, weakness/strengths, why should we hire you. One on one interview, recruiter was very polite and patient but hurried to finished right after we passed the 25 minute mark.

Interview Question – What is your biggest regret?   Answer Question