AMD Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014
258 interviews

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at AMD in May 2011.

Started as a contractor and became full-time Interview was average difficulty. Asked about finite state machine, sequencer, x-propagation, FIFOs, delays . Interview was about 3 rounds and result was fast.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AMD in January 2010.

one interview then group interviews with 5 people from the group. Met with the hiring manager briefly. Did not hear anything for 3 weeks, internal recruiter said they were busy on other projects. Hiring manager call and extended a offer...no compensation mentioned "HR will iron that out" Turned out he was one of the worse managers in my career

Hiring bonus, base

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at AMD in April 2011.

The hiring and interview process at AMD was implemented quite well. It was handled professionally by the human resource recruiter. First I was contacted by the hiring manager.
    Then the HR recruiter setup my first on-site interview with the manager and a few critical engineers.

My first on-site interview was quite technical since I was interviewed with all engineers.
    There was a lot of detailed discussion of my previous designs. I was asked to draw
    detail circuits from my previous designs on the black board and discussed these circuits
    in details.

In conclusion, the interview process at AMD was similar to interviews at other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the technical questions were quite challenging.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

I had just one interview in which the interviewer tried to estimate my academic experience in the fields of physical design and verification. Some other skills like working on Linux and knowledge in scripting are also tested.
    I had a complete review of my resume.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at AMD in March 2010.

All communications were through email; from sending in my resume, to setting up the interview. The only phone call I had was when the offer was made.
    The interview was an all-day affair from 9am to ~4pm; and consisted of interviewing with 4 people. The first was a discussion with the hiring manager which was a smooth discussion discussing grad work and confirming the alignment of my degrees with the expectations of the job.
    Then I had three technical interviews by senior engineers who had no background in my field of study. Each interviewer presented some general problem solving questions; nothing difficult, but nothing that can be prepared for. I was given a tour of the office and met with a couple of people that I would be working with.
    As it was my first job, the process seemed normal; however, in hindsight there are a couple of red flags that I should have seen. If I were to experience any of these again, I would never accept a position with the company.
    Red Flag 1. I drove 3 hours for the interview and there was never any mention of reimbursement for gas or mileage. It's the only interview I've had where I've never been reimbursed for travel.
    Red Flag 2. I was on my own for lunch. Not only did they not buy me lunch, they didn't even accompany me as part of a personality interview. I was just cut loose for an hour. Again, the only interview I've had where this has happened.
    Red Flag 3. I was never given the opportunity to ask questions. I was grilled for 4 hours and never had a chance to ask anything! Each technical interview ended when the next interviewer interrupted, or the last guy realized his time was up. It speaks volumes to how a company values prospective employees when they don't give the interviewee a chance to do some digging.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question had to do with expected range of a voltage divider given component tolerances, as well as the distribution of tolerances and resulting distribution of output voltage.   Answer Question
    It was my first job out of school and the salary offer was in my expected range. I requested moving assistance and it was provided.

Quality Assurance Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in April 2013.

Interview process was telephonic and video conference round because i was employed in bangalore, interview was not much tougher asked easy questions and able carsk that all the questions asked by the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy and able to answer all the questions   Answer Question
    I dint negotiated much because this company was the second for me.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at AMD.

Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question
    they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Coop Interview

The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Intern Interview

Asked basic behavioural questions. Phone interview, then in person interview. In addition asked some technical questions regarding circuits and basic understanding of theory. No unexpected trick questions. Should prepare for interview by reading up on textbooks or literature.

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!