ARAMARK Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep 2014
Updated 22 Sep 2014

2.5

Cashier Interview

The HR just asked a few basic questions from a list. He wrote everything you said down and then delivered it to a manager. Then you would get the chance to talk to the manager. The manager asked fewer questions then the HR and began to discuss about the details on work. That was a relaxing interview.

Interview Questions
    Things about working hours is negotiable, but salary is non-negotiable.

Food Service Worker Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ARAMARK in September 2014.

It wasn't really tough at all. I went to the job fair without a resume and they just asked me to fill out some papers since it was my first time applying to Aramark. The interviewer asked me to come inside a room and it was more of a conversation than an actual interview. She asked me what skills I had for the job that I was applying for (starbucks barista/cashier) and I told her I worked as a barista for a summer. After that, she seemed content with what I had to offer and asked me when I was free.

Drug test

Banquet Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ARAMARK.

I applied it thru my college, and it took me one day to get their reply. There was nothing special about the interview. There were two interviewers. Most of the questions they asked were about my previous jobs, strengths,weaknesses, scenario questions etc. BUT they did answer some weird questions or questions that are not very related to the job like "Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write". Quite difficult interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me 5 things that you can use with this pen except using it to write   Answer Question

Sales Interview

There was no big interview per se. It was pretty easy and un complicated. There was only one person interviewing and it did not take very long. It was over in 10 minutes.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK.

I had one over the phone interview which seemed to go well, and they flew me out to their headquarters. They did not recruit from my school, must likely cause their business is not concentrated in Michigan, but the initial recruiter was reluctant to have me on board.
    The interview in Philadelphia was a half day with around around 200 candidates. Associates were spread throughout the conference room, those of which would be interviewing us individually in teams of two. While scoping the candidates it didn't seem that there were many interested in a clear job role or career, just that they want to become management. They also had little OTJ experience with few internships and such. They recruited a majority of "their own people" hiring people out of Philadelphia who had connections with the company, and placing them nationwide without much consideration to their prior experience.

Interview Questions
    • We pride ourselves on integrity. Describe a situation where you showed a tremendous amount of integrity in what you do.   Answer Question

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ARAMARK.

Phone interview, then in person interview a week later. In Person interview was the most intense I've ever had. 6 higher ups sat in and asked me non-stop questions about literally everything.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to explain in detail the finances of the current restaurant I'm at.   Answer Question

Food Service Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at ARAMARK.

It was too long ago to remember. I met the guy offsite at a coffee shop. We had conversation about how tough the environment is. Overall liked the interview process. The Interview as very Professional.

negotiated salary a bit

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK.

Via agency. Salary is good (but not brilliant) for tech industry. Not too many benefits given. 3-4 working days for 1st interview. 10 days to 2nd interview. Felt welcomed in reception both times, always asked if coffee/water was required. Friendly company which felt very professional. Offices are modern with decent facilities. Interviews Face-face in office with 2 people each time. Open+refreshingly down to earth conversations had at all times. Easily felt welcomed and comfortable. They use a soft approach with some probing questions at times but nothing aggressive. Was ssked to define the role in my own words for second interview and explain what I'd need in the 1st month to get the job done. No tests or specific technical questions but think they could easily tell if candidates were pulling wool over their eyes.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mansfield, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in June 2014.

Most unusual interview I ever experienced. Repeatedly discouraged from accepting position during interview. For good reason. Wish I had taken interviewer's advice. Unfortunately, I didn't. After about a week, a co-worker told me to run. I took hers. However, I can't say I wasn't sufficiently warned ahead of time. Live and learn.

Interview Questions
    • Really can't remember any challenging questions. Obviously low expectations.   View Answer
    Cut and dry-no negotiations. Take it or leave it. Waited a long time to take drug test due to a lack of paperwork. Company seemed very disorganized, at least at this location.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

3 interviews. Excellent treatment.tour of facilities. Answered my questions. Caring and made me feel like I belonged. Understood my history and gave me a chance. A great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone

The offer was in range

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!