ASDA Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

2.2

Grocery Colleague Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA.

Interview

I applied online via Asda's website. Then I received a phone call saying that I had been successful with the first part and that I had to attend a recruitment process, also known as asda magic. There was 7 of us and firstly we had to pair up and get as much information about our partner and then present the information to everyone else. Secondly we went into 2 groups in which we then had to create an advert with a product chosen at random. Lastly we went onto the shop floor and helped around for about 20-30 minutes and filled a form about the activities. We all went back up to wait for our individual interview's and then we got to go.

Interview Questions

• When did you give good customer service ?
      when did you experience a bad situation/customer ?

Answer Question

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and received a call the next day inviting me to something called Asda Magic in about a few days time. You had to bring your Passport and National Insurance [in case you are not sure as i wasn't because the woman was not clear] and wear smart casual, if you want to wear a suit you are welcomed to but because of the movement you had to do i would just stick with shirt and trousers also no trainers!

When i got there on the time they had given me, there was at least 15 of us which I thought was huge due to this was my first interview ever. We were taken to a room where there was seats in a room. To start the interview process, the HR management introduced themselves to us and other Asda colleagues who were observing us or helping out either one. They told us about Asda such as how successful it was, what it was about and other things. After that they told us we had to do a little activity which is to introduce the person to your left. The questions we had to ask to find out about them were: Why do you want to work for Asda, what is something interested about you, if you was a cartoon character what one would you be and why, i think there was another one but can't remember.

After that we had to do a little activity which showed our team work skills. They had put us in groups of 4, we had to make up a team name within the space of 20 seconds. After that we had to build and design a construction which we had to present to everyone else on why we chose that particular design and what it would be used for. We had to roughly tell them how tall we was going to make it and try to achieve that goal. The material we had were straws, sellotape and a cup. In the process of building it the HR management would throw obstacles as us to see how we would cope in difficult situations. It was a good test. After that the whole interview process was done, this was because the Asda i applied for was not yet opened so they could not take us on a tour or give us the opportunity 'To-do-it-yourself'.

The next day, i received a call inviting me for a one to one interview in a week time. This was the last stage in the interview process. They asked me and another woman who was on my team to fill out a form about our medical issues [in advance know the name of your doctors and address because they ask that and i had to leave it blank because i didn't know, also your height, weight and any past medical issues in your family]. I was later called in to be interviewed which was friendly and the guy was very understanding. Due to them knowing i was a student and had little experience he asked questions based on my situation and said that i could answer them based on my work experience from school or through tasks in school. This helped a lot [for those who have no experience like me you have nothing to worry about].

Luckily they had called me back within two days and offered me the job.

I hope this helped people, in the process of applying for Asda. My process took 2 weeks long [glassdoor won't let me put that for whatever reason so ignore what it says about how long it took]

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

I applied online and the initial form was easy enough to fill in and submit. A few days later, i got a phone call asking to attend a Magic event, which was a group interview. They introduced themselves and we were partnered up to introduce each other to the rest of the group. After that we watched a few videos about the company and what they stand for. We were then taken on a tour of the store and invited to "have a go" to see what it was like. After this group interview, we were invited back to have an individual interview, which to me felt a little informal but made me feel more comfortable. After this we were to wait and find out, only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      what is good customer service to you?

Answer Question

Section Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ASDA in March 2015.

Interview

Completed an online application including a multiple choice questions of how you would deal with different scenerios,
    5 days later I was called to say that was successful and was invited to attend a Asda magic group interview the following evening, there was about 15 of us there was put into pairs to ask question about each other and then had to introduce that person to the group, we were then split into larger groups and were given a task to build a tall structure out of balloons, it was fun and a good exsperiance.
    The next morning I was called and told I was successful and attended a 1 on 1 interview with a manager that afternoon,

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a grumpy/unpleasant customer   1 Answer

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview process consisting of several questions. To begin with I sat down on a brown desk which comprised of the interviewer sitting opposite me. I was going into this full of confidence for the reason that it was only Asda, I wasn't expecting any intellect questions, just questions of my motivation and current situations.

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterlooville, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASDA (Waterlooville, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and filled out the online tests. Received an email a few days later inviting me to an Asda Magic recruitment even the following Monday.

There were 10 of us at the recruitment event, we had to find out the answers to three questions from the person sat next to us and introduce them to the rest of the group. They were straight forward - Why do you want to work for ASDA, Where do you want to be in 10 years time and Who is your dream dinner date?

Having read on here that there is usually a group exercise I was prepared for it but instead the group was split in half, the first five had their one to one interviews and the others (including myself) went to 'have a go' - except because most of the online orders had been dealt with there was nothing to actually 'have a go' with.

I was the last person to be interviewed, it was straight forward the interviewer had a sheet of questions which related to the job and scored each page a 3, which I believe means 'would recommend for job'. At the end of the interview I asked the interviewer about his experience working with Asda and discovered that I was one of his first interviewees.

I was called the next day and offered the job and started work on Friday the same week.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of dealing with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloxwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ASDA (Bloxwich, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled in an online application form then the next day i got a phone call inviting me to 'Asda magic day'. There were six of us. We had to get in pairs and introduce the other person. Then we did a couple of daft team building excersises. Quite a pleasant afternoon. Filled out availability and felt quite positive. They said if we were successful we would get a telephone call if not it would just be an email. Two weeks passed and i had not recieved an email so i remained hopeful. Then i recieved a phone call from asda saying they had changed their minds badically and they were not taking anyone on at the moment! But they told me i was a 'silver medalist' and could still apply for jobs in other stores and i would be contacted if a suitable role did come up within the next six months! Overall i found the whole process patronising and very misleading!

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Firstly, I completed the online application and received a call back the next day. It was arranged for me to attend a Magic event the following week.

At this event, I was part of a group of 10 people where we were all dressed in suits/shirts and ties (with the females wearing formal attire). We were firstly introduced to all of the staff member who would be attending to us during the day and told each of their backgrounds with ASDA.

We were then paired off and asked to talk to each other for a short spell and ask one specific question alongside other facts about the person (our question was, if you were invisible for a day, what would you do?). This eased the tension in the room and got everyone aquinted with one another. We were then asked individually what cartoon character we would choose to be and why.

We were then seperated into two groups of 5. Each group was asked to think of one revolutionary product which we would then market and attempt to sell to the management staff, obviously testing our team working abilities,

Once that had been completed, we were taken for our individual interviews in a seperate room, this was a light hearted, quick interview that was rather informal.

Once we had completed our interviews, we were asked to provide our clothing sizes and dates and times of availability to work and also which departments we would prefer to work in.

All in all, the day was very pleasant and the staff were super friendly. NOT something to worry about if it is your first ever induction/interview.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me an example of a time when you have given excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to attend an Asda Magic event. There were about 11 of us. We were kept standing in reception for around 40 minutes then escorted to the training room which contains a rectangle of desks with chairs. There was a name sticker for each of us.

We had a short talk from each of 3 people about their personal experience working for Asda, which was very interesting. We then had to pair off, learn about our partner, and take turns presenting them to the rest of the group. We had an extensive tour of the building, then returned to the training room. We were grouped in 3s and 4s and had to compete to build the best house of cards in a time limit, which was the final activity before leaving.

I got called back for an interview a few days later. After I arrived I had to wait in reception while they tried to find someone to interview me. After about 50 minutes I was taken directly to the shop floor for my "have a go" experience (just some shelf stacking and a chance to chat to other staff and ask them any questions). I was then interviewed by a random section leader as the one who would be my boss couldn't be found. She was very pleasant and just went through a basic form with me. She told me I would hear at the weekend if I had the job (although it was actually a couple of weeks later).

Interview Questions

• What did you enjoy about the "have a go" experience?   1 Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Interview

Group interview, have to introduce the person next to you ... ask name and why they want to work at asda; and choose a product from a bag and sell to other. Simply interview questions about costumer service.