AT&T

Updated 24 Feb 2015
1,528 Interview Reviews

2.7

Network Engineer Interview

• Access Network Planning and Operations.
    • Service Provisioning with L2,L3 protocol on Cisco ,Juniper & Huawei devices.
    • Fault diagnosis of Enterprise Products.
    • Configuration of various protocols, RIP, OSPF, BGP,EIGRP, MPLS,VRRP,STP etc.
    • Configuration of TCP / IP, Routing protocols, Sound knowledge of LAN, WAN technologies.
    • Sound knowledge of Routers, Bridges, Multiplexers, and Switches.
    • Fluent English language communication skills.
    • Cisco, Juniper, Huawei and Atrica’s Metro Ethernet Network.
    • For Device Access: client, Putty, Secure CRT, INSTAR, EFMS, etc.
    • UTSTARCOM’s DLC AN2000 Access Network.
    • Alvarion’s Walkair LMDS Radio.
    • Telsima’s WiMAX Solution.
    • For Circuit Creation ,Service Order Management and OSS : Citrix Clarity
    • EFMS-MS
    • GIOM
    • InStar
    • BMOR

Interview Questions
    • LAB is smilar to CCIE labs, but difficulty level is less.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

The process was quick, about a month in total. The area manager does first round interviews focused more on past experiences and situation questions. Second round interviews are done with a director. He will focus more on philosophy of your management and accountability strategies. They are looking for leaders. So have a lot of answers ready around that.

Interview Questions
    • What is your vision for the store? What areas do you see the store needs the most improvement in and how would you change it. What areas is the store doing well in? How do you hold teams accountable?   View Answer

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

It was a regular interview with the questions such as tell me about yourself and others like that. Interviewer was very easy going and I had a good experience, moved to the next hiring process the next day with a conditional offer, from the recruiter and was promised a employment based on a background check and drug screen.

Wire Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Will be emailed to take a test at a Pearson testing center, will get a call to screen for any kind of knowledge ( this is to decide your starting pay)

AT&T Associate Applications Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

The interview was with a manager and 2 employees already in the program. There questions were behavioral based and technical exam. My advice to anyone apply is to be able to thoroughly talk about your resume and projects. Make sure you can explain object oriented programming well. Also be ready to code. Be prepared and look back over some notes.

I gave a neutral rate because they failed to follow up like they said in the interview and did not forward my information to the other locations.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

It went by pretty quick. After I applied online the process took 2 weeks until I took my assessment test. Then they scheduled me for an in-person interview 1 week after I took my test. The interview was straight forward. 10 questions (customer service related/sales related). Basically the typical what would you do in certain situation type questions. Then we did some role playing. Basically he was playing the customer and I was the representative and I'm suppose to make a sale to the customer. The interview was about 45 mins long.

Wire Technician - Georgia Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

After successfully passing the mechanical aptitude test, I was asked to attend the RJP. I travelled a little over an hour to the RJP:Interview. Upon arrival, two managers from seperate area crews have us the gist of the job. They painted the job description with a "doom and gloom" view. Long hours, working in the elements etc. Afterwords they described the various benefits of working with AT&T. Then began the one on one interviews.

All the questions were basic interview questions. IMO, they look for how you handle yourself in certain situations, under stress, and how you solve problems.
    Also, they don't necessarily look for people with technical work experience, but of course it's a huge plus. Also the same can be said of possessing customer service skills.
    Don't freak out. Just be yourself and be confident.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

* I am currently awaiting response from my RJP.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a great obstacle you've faced. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to learn/use specidic saftey skills?   View Answer

Associate Applications Developer TDP-ET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T in February 2015.

Applied online and got an email from a recruiter about 3 weeks later to schedule a screening interview. I passed the initial screening and immediately I got a call to schedule a technical and skills interview the following week. The interview was a conference with two people, one asking technical questions and the other asking behavioral questions. For the technical part, I was given a code to decipher what the output would be and I was also asked to write a code in a text editor. 30 minutes after the interview I got an email saying they had decided not to move forward with me.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time when you came across a difficult situation and how you handled it
      2. Write a function that would take an array and count the number of even numbers

View Answer

Financial Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AT&T in February 2015.

An half hour interview with HR hiring manager. It was mainly behavior questions. No tricky questions and no technical question. That manager wanted straight forward answers in a concise manner. I felt that the hiring manager was not very professional. She was late to our interview and took a personal phone during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What are our products? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

I liked everything from start to finish a very interactive process.They pretty much went through how your typical day would be.I had a panel of two interviewers and they all took turns in asking me questions.At one point a senior manager walked in and also had some questions for me.I was also asked to do some role plays and also sale a cable tv to some one who has never heard of it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would handle an irate customer?   View Answer