AXA Advisors

Updated 13 Jan 2015
Updated 13 Jan 2015

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Who in your family or friends has money? If none, how good are you at cold calling and being an entrepreneur. The interview was really more of management selling me on why I should work there.

Interview Questions
    Had the option to work on 100% commission or 50% commission and a very small base salary.

Branch Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

I had 3 Interviews and hired within less than 2 weeks, nothing unusual about the process. The first interview was in person with the sales manager. The next interview was with the head of HR on the phone. The last interview was with the Chief Operations Officer also over the phone.

Interview Questions
    I was offered 70,000 (reasonable, but a little low for the position) and I countered with a $2,500 increase and they agreed. I probably could have asked for $5,000 more.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Saw my resume through a networking site, and they reached out to me after. Got an interview a few days after applying. The interview was very basic, more of a conversation. Compensation package is a bit odd, so they talked about that a bit. Have to be convincing that you can start your own business.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, more of a conversation than unexpected questions   Answer Question

Financial Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Pretty easy overall. You'll talk to several interviewers. No hard questions. Be easygoing, seem trustworthy. The most important two factors they are looking for is your number and quality of connections, and your attitude/never give up/etc. Know what this company does. Pretty much, sell financial planning. Basic financial knowledge required.

Interview Questions
    • Who are you going to contact initially for your first few sales? Why?   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

They came through my school initially. Interview went great, just basic behavioral questions. When I went to their office, it was more in depth. Generally behavioral throughout the process.

Wealth Management Interview

Interview is easy and straightforward. They ask many questions and ask where you see yourself in this industry in 5 years. Also ask how you would deal with rejection. They have 3-4 rounds of interviews to make it seem complicated. They have upfront costs you have to pay for exams and other things. It is really a sales position as you have to go door to door to meet clients and customers to sell AXA products. Nothing really about wealth management or finance.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. How do you deal with rejection   Answer Question

Too many exams and tests before actually starting. They aren't very straightforward with what the job description actually is. Pretty much similar to other companies who use new gullible recruits to sell products on a commission and if you do well, you can become a manager and recruit others. Most people quit before this anyway. Good way to attract desperate graduate students to be the grunts of their workforce working long hours. You can make more money and have more opportunities working this many hours doing anything else.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

the worst interview that I have been through, they will talk to you on the phone for the first interview, then second interview is to meet up in their office, 1on1 meeting, however, there is not a single constructive question, after that 1 on 1 interview, I was told that they will schedule another interview going over the compensation and benefits to work for them. At the end, I didn't receive any information from them, I email them, no response, I called them, didn't pick up the phone, I left a voice mail, never called back. It was so unprofessional to the point where I don't want to and would never work for them. And the funny thing is, two months later, the same guy who interviewed me previously, called me again for interview!? I guess he didn't remember I was the one that he humiliated two months ago.

Financial Advisor Interview

Lots of back and forth before face-to-face meeting. Interview was pretty grueling with all the questions you hope they DONT ask, but they DO! Interview took about 30 minutes. It was 1 on 1. Went over what/who the company is, then went over each part of my resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest set-back in life, and how did you over-come it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

The hiring process was a completed in 3 steps. The final step was completing a business plan and going over compensation. It took about a month to go through the process and was pretty straight forward.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

I transmitted my resume to a recruiter at a career fair. Someone contacted me a month later. I did a first interview with a VP then a second with the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Before to proceed the interview they wanted to evaluate my ability to make connections and the potential of my network. So they ask me to make a list of all my contacts + to connect with institutions in order to add more people to my network. All this, Prior to receive an offer!   Answer Question