Abbott Labs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in March 2014.

Interview Details Very thorough and straightforward. This was a very professional environment and all of the people I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed my interactions with them and would have loved being a member of their team.

Interview Question – None, all were conducive to the posted position and the experience they were seeking to fulfill the requirements.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2010.

Interview Details I came through a temp service so I had to interview with the temp service and then my would be manager. It was fairly easy but I do think I interview well due to my personality.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult. The Hewitt Associates interview was much worse.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abbott Labs in November 2010.

Interview Details I had one interview. The interviewer flew up from Los Angeles. I assumed he only stayed one day since I never saw him again. The interview was fairly easy, but it seemed like he didn't know much about technical writing or CAPAs.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

CAPA QA Coordinator Interview

CAPA QA Coordinator

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details I have interviewed with the Abbott Nutritional plant in Alta Vista, VA twice. The first for a job that I had no experience with (production management), and the second for a CAPA QA position which I have a LOT of experience with. The first time I rotated around to several different people. The second time I was in one room with 4 different people. Both times the questions were from Targeted Selection.

Interview Question – I find all Targeted Selection questions hard because you have to give examples and there is a certain pattern to your answers that they are looking for. I find the question "give me an example of how you have been innovative" to be a hard one because what is considered innovative at one company may be common place at another company.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Abbott Park, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2014.

Interview Details The entire process took about 10 weeks from applying to offer. I applied online and received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Questions were basic- why work for Abbott, am I willing to relocate etc. About a week later I received an email scheduling me for an in person interview. This interview consisted of two panel interviews 30 minutes each with directors and program managers. About a week later I got a call saying that I made it to the next round of interviews. The 2nd in person interview was about half a day. I had 4-5 interviews with upper level scientists about 30 mins each followed by a 1 hr seminar about my previous research. I received a call about 3 weeks later informing me that I had been offered the position.

Interview Question – I had a lot of questions about conflict resolution. How do you respond if someone gets angry and yells at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate. It was pretty straight forward. The initial base salary offered was slightly lower but I got them to come up to the salary it wanted.

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting. One round of interview on campus with a person from the management and an HR. Basic behavioral questions.
They called back with response the next day, and invited people who got an offer to their site visit, which was great.

IT Summer Worker Interview

IT Summer Worker

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details It took awhile to hear back from them. It was very stressful.

Interview Question – It was your typical behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. It was already plenty of money per hour.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
New Rochelle, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs in July 2010.

Interview Details Met with territory manager, then regional manager. Went through a head hunter. Took about a month. I went to training in Ohio for about three weeks. They paid for almost everything and the training was excellent. I really felt like I knew the product after the three weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forward. Why do you want to be a sales rep? Tell us about yourself and where you see yourself in five years..   Answer Question

Science Intern Interview

Science Intern
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Abbott Labs in May 2011.

Interview Details Just one phone interview; the hiring manager called me, asking me to briefly introduce my research projects (I'm a PhD student), and we discussed a little on the projects I just described. Then I asked about the details of the intern position, like what exactly I'm supposed to do, the stating date, payment, etc.

Interview Question – He didn't ask me any unexpected/hard question, but I was surprised that he can raise some good point in my own research project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The salary for interns are pretty standard.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abbott Labs.

Interview Details I had an in with the manager so I already came in highly recommended. Spoke to a project manager on campus, wasn't very formal. We just went through my resume and talked about job fit and expectations. The work itself was not too hard so not a lot of technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Abbott Labs? Contribute to the Community!