Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalla, Punjab (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Dalla, Punjab (Pakistan)).

Interview

super easy and they only look at what you look like not about my resume. Hello super easy and they only look at what you look like not about my resume. Hellosuper easy and they only look at what you look like not about my resume. Hello

Interview Questions

• where do you get your hair done   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

You start out in an interview as a manager in training (MIT). The interview is with one of the company's District Managers. It is very casual, very laid-back. Most of the questions were to get a feel for your personality - who you are, where are you from, what you like to do, etc. The interview is VERY casual. Do NOT wear dress clothes. Wear a polo or woven shirt, jeans, and a t-shirt - seriously. They really look for people who are "brand-positive" and fit their easy-going lifestyle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was really quick. First I met with he store manager and then the district manager the next day and i started working that following Monday! It didnt really seem like an inerview. It was more conversational than anything. I noticed she really just wanted to see how outgoing or willing to share I was.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question would be "So.. why would you move from FL to TX"!   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mall (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Mall (India)).

Interview

I went through 1 interview. The interviewer was pretty laid back. I was asked basic interview questions that you can google online. There's no prior experience needed but I'm sure any experience at all can't hurt. During the interview and after you have the opportunity to get your questions answered and to really sell your personality on the job. Being recruited by someone that works there helps but is not needed or required.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Very brief interview , in the mall usually, very casual interview for a casual company. Met with the district manager , who does all the hiring of the managers , sometimes the store managers sit in during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was one interview with the District Manager in the food court of the mall. She was nice and respectful during the interview. There were formal questions but it seemed very informal considering it was in the food court of the mall. An offer was made within one week.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't difficult questions. Questions were a mix of behavior-based and competencies i.e. how would you handle an angry customer, what are your management skills, etc. It didn't seem to matter how much related experience I had as long as I was on-point during the appropriate questions/answers. The interviewer was serious but not intimidating.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2014.

Interview

It was very easy, the District Manager at the time asked 7 questions. I came in wearing a the latest trend to distinguish myself as someone who wants to represent Abercrombie as a manager. It was a fairly easygoing process. What I gathered is that there is a certain image that Abercombie looks for and would the candidate fit the look.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone with a different work style as you.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

1 interview with the District Manager for an hour. Easy questions. They are just looking to see if you have the personality and looks for the company. Make sure to dress the part, and be enthusiastic about the brand. Basically if you are attractive you will get hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it. Tell me about a time you had a difficult deadline and how you met it. Tell me what you see the Abercrombie brand as. Describe your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Santa Rosa, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I went in and asked if they were hiring. I got an interview the next week. A week after that I was hired. They were down management staff and I had previously worked at this company during my time in college. It was very easy for me to obtain the job.