Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Paramus, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details If you are handsome/attractive, you have already been hired before you start talking. Just be on time, wear abercromie clothes and try not to talk about how much you like partying.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details Very brief interview , in the mall usually, very casual interview for a casual company. Met with the district manager , who does all the hiring of the managers , sometimes the store managers sit in during the interview process.

Interview Question – where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

Interview Details I went in and asked if they were hiring. I got an interview the next week. A week after that I was hired. They were down management staff and I had previously worked at this company during my time in college. It was very easy for me to obtain the job.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details It was one interview with the District Manager in the food court of the mall. She was nice and respectful during the interview. There were formal questions but it seemed very informal considering it was in the food court of the mall. An offer was made within one week.

Interview Question – There really weren't difficult questions. Questions were a mix of behavior-based and competencies i.e. how would you handle an angry customer, what are your management skills, etc. It didn't seem to matter how much related experience I had as long as I was on-point during the appropriate questions/answers. The interviewer was serious but not intimidating.   Answer Question

Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details Come in and sit in the food court with the district manager. Talk about how Abercrombie is SO cool and a great learning opportunity. Discuss the dress code more than the day to day life.

Interview Question – Do you have a significant other? (Innapropriate)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None- take it as it is or leave.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Interview Details stupid they ask you dumb questions easy to pass, you would have to have no brain not to get hired.

Interview Question – nothing everything was meant for a 5th grader   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2013.

Interview Details Super easy but I was recruited and I got the feeling I had the job just walking into the interview

Interview Question – None almost all questions were behavioral questions but easier than your basic STAR interview   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details 1 interview with the District Manager for an hour. Easy questions. They are just looking to see if you have the personality and looks for the company. Make sure to dress the part, and be enthusiastic about the brand. Basically if you are attractive you will get hired.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it. Tell me about a time you had a difficult deadline and how you met it. Tell me what you see the Abercrombie brand as. Describe your leadership style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2011.

Interview Details One main interview with District Manager. They have a set script they follow on paperwork. All are behavior-based questions with scenarios and "tell me about a time when...". Dress in jeans and clothes that resemble (or are) their brand. Be clean shaven, and wear very little makeup. They are looking for sophisticated, outgoing, and "brand positive" people.

Interview Question – Weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation you may get is to ask for a store in a particular location if you want one within the district close to your residence. Beginning salaries are permanently set.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!