Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model Interview Questions

Updated 15 Sep 2014

1.6

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They stressed diversity and communication ability.
You should be able to understand why diversity is a priority for the company and be able to sell your personality, all of the managers are looking for bubbly people who are able to speak to the customers while portraying the company image.

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Floor Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

two question in group setting, diversity question and problem solving question super easy just say a complete thought and you be fine but look is more nortant if you look really good just show up if not then go for stock room job

8.25 pay

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was a group interview that was not very organized. We went outside and gathered in a circle in an area by a kids play area in the mall and answered questions. The purpose of the questions was to see which people would stand out, but the question were not pertinent to the job.

Interview Questions

I declined because the job seemed like it was more for the superficial and young.

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Was pretty easy. I walked into the store on a Tuesday and spoke directly to the manager who was nice and walked me through exactly how to apply at one of the little kiosks they have in the store. I applied for a model position and the manager told me to come back on Friday for the group interview.

In total there was 5 of us and the questions were simple: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace? Why do you think you'll make a good employee? Why do you wanna work here? stuff like that. I must say, the girl interviewing us seemed a bit ditzy...she didn't really seem interested in us, it almost was like she didn't wanna be there nor care at all. When she was going down the line asking questions she even asked me "Do I have to repeat the question for you or did you hear it?" Whatever. I thought the interview went well, but sadly I was not offered the position. They make it clear that they do NOT want you to call them, they will call you within a week if you got the position and will give you the silent treatment if you didn't.

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2014.

I was walking around the mall and the store managers approached me and asked if I would be interested in getting a part time summer job at A&F. They gave me a recruitment card with the website and password and told me I should apply online. I applied the next day and chose my interview for the next Friday afternoon at 4. Their interviews are always Tuesdays and Fridays at 4, and they are group interviews. I did some Googling around and read up about the interviews/what to wear. Interviews are casual and quick. Be peppy and outgoing, wear their clothes - what's in for the season (do NOT dress "business" like you normally would for an interview), be friendly, smile a lot, and know some about their company. For women you can't go wrong with dark-wash skinnies and a plain v-neck or an A&F style blouse. Their colors right now are gray, white, and navy. Flip flops are perfect. Natural makeup and hair. Be confident. That's what they want. After the interview they will tell you when you should hear back if you get the job. They told me I would hear back within a week if I got the job. I ended up getting a call 8 days after the interview. If you don't hear from them for a while you could always call them and see what's up.

Interview Questions
    • How would your friends and family describe you, and what do you think are your best qualities?
      What is diversity, and why is it important in the workplace?
      How would you describe A&F's style?
      Why do you think you would be successful at A&F?
        View Answer

Floor Model Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

one interview

Interview Questions
    There is none. Take it or leave it

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2014.

A recruiter ran out of the store and stopped to ask me to apply/do an interview. I did the interview March 20th with three other people. I was the only male, and only caucasian (which made answering the diversity question a bit harder!). I read that it usually takes about a week to hear back (if you don't hear back you don't get offered a position) but I was called this afternoon Monday (interviewed on prior Friday) and offered a position / orientation date. I think it helps to be totally friendly not only with the interviewer BUT ALSO with the other interviewers!

Interview Questions
    • I think the hardest question was to describe what you think of A&F, I forgot to say preppy.   View Answer

Floor Model Interview

went to store manager helped me fill out application
    the day of interview i was so tired and i couldnt open my eyes so obviously they rejected me
    just try to be clear and be awake

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

There were three ridiculous questions, it was hardly interview because they only hire on looks (I'm so flattered...) and they only emphasize diversity in the interview because of past law suits. After describing my personality, the store brand, and having to say the tag line the interview had come to a close. I received a call about a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Answering about diversity because I think it is unfair that people of color and/or other races feel they can just be hired because he or she is black or Spanish. Plus, I don't give a crap about diversity, it has nothing to do with me.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

Got recruited and they gave me a password to log in to their application page online, or you can fill out an application on the computer in the store. During the application process you choose with interview date you would like to attend.
    The day before my interview they called me to confirm that I'm coming in.

The day of the interview: I dressed up in an outfit that resembles Abercrombie & Fitch style because I didn't own any of their clothing. I wore dark blue skinny jeans, flats, a cream colored ruffled top, and a gray cardigan. I wore very minimal makeup, and fixed my hair is natural waves. I waited at the chairs/couches near the cashwrap with the other people.

The interview is a group interview. It was split up in two groups, models and impact. Everyone had a turn to answer a total of 4 questions while the interviewer wrote down notes of our answers. We were also told of the summary of the positions, dress code, and when to expect a call from them if we are hired. The interview went for about 30 minutes with my group of 6 people (including me). Some people handed in resumes, I didn't.

I got the call back saying I was hired the next day.
    Some important tips: Stand out from the rest of the group, show that you're friendly and outgoing, smile, and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • (The questions are difficult, but I will list some for you) What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   View Answer
    • What makes you a good candidate to work at Abercrombie?   View Answer
    • Describe Abercrombie's style   View Answer
    • How would your friends describe you and give an example   View Answer

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!