Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated 30 Jan 2015
1,032 Interview Reviews

2.0

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied in store and set up an interview on the spot. Came in for the scheduled interview a week later and got an offer about a week later. I was able to start working less than a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very standard interview questions. Nothing challenging.   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied online. Had first interview 2 weeks ago and a second interview with the District Manager tomorrow. Very laid back. I wore jeans and flip flops. The interviewer explained the 10 week program for MITs and what was involved and expected of me. I'm pretty sure the first interview was to make sure I fit the company's "image" before I interviewed with the DM.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Met some recruiters at a careers fair at my university and handed them a copy of my CV and was then invited to meet the same recruiter the following day for a brief initial interview as he happened to be in town. There was another informal interview a few weeks later; this involved completing a task and presenting the conclusions. The UK assessment day is held at their London office and consists of team exercises, a short aptitude test on paper and a tour around the store. Brilliant people and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where is the company headed in the next few years? How can it regain the dominant position in the retail/fashion industry?   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview process was straight forward .They asked questions like why are you a great candidate , what does diversity mean in a workplace , do you know how to be a team player and so forth . Most ambercrombie & fitch recruiter are arrogant and really don't seem to care really . Fake it until you make it

Location was too far from school

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was about to graduate college and had been recruited by a friend. I agreed to an interview, it was all set up through texting my friend who was a store manager at the time. I was scheduled to meet with the District Manager and was told to wear casual clothes similar to what A&F sells (do not go to an interview for this company in business attire). I wore minimal makeup but the DM commented on my makeup when we were talking about the look policy during the interview. The interview was pretty casual, we sat on a bench in the middle of the mall and was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a time when you had to encourage to do something when they didn't think they could accomplish it"   Answer Question
    They send an email with the offer, location/brand you'll be in, and salary

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had a Skype interview first then an in store interview. Took about a month total. Simple questions about yourself, looked to see if you represented the brand, described salary and benefits

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They give you a card with the website name on top of it. The interviews are very casual. for example:
    What do you think the style of clothing is?
    etc

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Asked if I wanted to work there. Interview in 2 days hired on the spot really easy interview! Dress in the style of A&F. Flannel sandals minimal make up for girls

No negotiation

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

One on one interview with the district manager. The interview is typically conducted at a cafeteria. Pretty casual and friendly environment. They usually contact you within two weeks of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your accomplishments.
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision.

Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied online. Then received an email for a formal interview.
    Dress with preferably A&F clothing, but if you do not have anything from the store something similar to A&F would suffice.

The district manager told me:
    -the interview is really just a process of getting to know me
    -I can relax and because it was a casual interview and open-ended, & I can take my time answering questions.

The interview questions were all standard questions that A&F provides (scripted), mostly about leadership. I understood that the interview was also supposed to be "casual", but it was not professional. For the most part the district manager was rude/uninterested in answers--yawning a lot, playing with seat & pen, having a chat with colleagues, etc.

Very superficial environment.

Store managers were professional. Recruiters were semi-professional. District manager was unprofessional.

Unprofessional