Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details Everyone who interviewed dressed in abercrombie clothing, so you are allowed to wear jeans, flip flops and the tops were typically the "abercrombie color" (dark blue and white). It was a group interview and the questions were pretty basic. They are big on diversity

Interview Question – What is your definition on diversity?   Answer Question

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Interview Details one interview required for everyone who applies for the job. Nothing much you just have to be a nice person and looks "A&F" (doesn't mean you have to be muscular).

Interview Question – How would your friend describe you?   View Answer

Aventura, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2011.

Interview Details I had one interview which was made in a group. They asked us one question and we each had to reply with a different response. Luckily I was first so I was able to make my unique response without sounding like a repeat.

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2010.

Interview Details You apply in stores or are approached by a manager/ recruiter for the company. The interview is scheduled on one of 2 days weekly. It is a group interview and you are each asked three questions.

Interview Question – One of the interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are called and told you have been hired and are to come in on sunday for "training." You give them your schedule availability and you start that following week.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2010.

Interview Details group interview

Interview Question – what do you like about the clothes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – called on phone--> offered job

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2012.

Interview Details If your outgoing, it is so easy. The interview questions are easy so just answer them with confident. Also try to smile or laugh alot, it shows that your friendly and easy going.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you? How would you feel working in a diverse work force?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Roseville, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2010.

Interview Details Was recruited, and interviewed about a week later. The interview was a group interview, I was asked about three questions, basic behavioral/ leadership questions.

Interview Question – It was all pretty simple.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. I was told it would be a group interview but when I got there the manager took me to the restaurant next door and we had a one-on-one interview there for ~15 minutes. She asked about myself for the first part but as soon as I told her I was married the interview immediately went south. She asked the usual questions like where I worked before and what were my responsibilities. She told me I should probably interview for the managerial positions. She told me I would hear back within the week if it went well.

Interview Question – None, all of them were the expected interview questions   Answer Question

Asheville, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details Come in for a group interview of about 4 people

Interview Question – What does mean diversity to you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details fill out application online, show up to interview time... there were around 20 of us and we went and sat outside the store in the mall and were asked group questions... around two days later they called me and my friend back to say they were offering us a job

Interview Question – asked us to describe abercrombies style and where you might wear it... asked us 3 words to describe our personality   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.