Accenture

3,458 Interview Reviews

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2008.

Detailed process. Consists of behavioural, Skills, soft skills test.
    Aimed at finding the experience, relevance to the job

Interview Questions
    SHould negotiate very hard otherwise will get a raw deal. Make your expectation clear from day one.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2008.

3 interviews
    First is a screening interview
    Second is a skills interview
    Third is a partner closing interview

No negotiation - take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in March 2008.

The interview process was very professional and provided the opportunity to speak to executive level staff and to better understand the company. This helped in setting some expectations with myself.

No negotiations occurred

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in June 2007.

The first phone interview asked me about my vision or what I would like to be in the future. They're trying to align my vision with what company wants to achieve in the future.

After that, I got a 1-1 interview, the interviewer asked me about my skills, and also about soft skills.

Last interview was with the senior exec. The interviewer asked me again about what I wanted to achieve and all those hopes in the future

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Behavioral Questions only! Want to get a sense of you and your interests vs. actual skills. Two on campus interviews, followed by long in office interview about 5 hours long. Overview of company, perks, etc followed by interview with 3 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was being asked the same questions by about 3-5 different managers.   Answer Question
    None

Build and Release Team Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture.

I got invite from HR team for f2f discussion.the technical round of interview was completed in Accenture premises on a telephone. I was asked to sit in a meeting room and interview was held on intercom. after 2 days, I got a mail saying that technical round is cleared and document collection team will get back for verification. Before HR Team discussing about salary negotiation itself, I got a mail for submitting documents.I sent all scanned copies to doc collection team mail ID mentioned in the mail. I tried for 1 week daily, I got only failure response because their mail box is full.When i tried reaching the HR who mailed me to submit documents , There is no response for 11 mails that I sent asking for alternative and updates.
    Finally I tried reaching the HR who called me while scheduling F2F(only in mail its said as F2F it should have been telephonic either) technical interview earlier. Later. I got a response in single liner saying , "The demand is closed. will update you when the next demand comes."

Till now It is almost 2 weeks, HR B*l*ji who asked me to submit documents did not even reach me back on my candidature

Dear Accenture HR Team : NO one is sitting idle here. If you are not sure about the demand , you would have scheduled a telephonic which saves our time.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The first round consisted of two back to back hour-long case interviews given by two separate interviewers. They jumped straight into the interviews without much behavioral questions. All the interviewers were male.

Interview Questions
    • Business case question about low-cost airplane carriers   Answer Question

Organizational Change Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Consists of total 4 rounds - HR screening, Skills assessment, Behavioral assessment, closing interview.
    All interview were conducted by phone call. Tips: ensure you are sitting at quite and comfortable zone.
    Overall interview processing takes 1month.
    Interviewer were extremely friendly and passionate in sharing there experiences.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

The whole process took me 3 weeks. At first, phone interview with HR and standard online tests, second round with your prospect manager and third, last one scheduled for the another day, with head of the department. Both of them took approximately 1 hour. After few days HR called with offer.