Accenture Interview Questions

3,726 Interview Reviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Melbourne) in March 2009.

Interview

I already interned at Accenture prior to receiving this offer, so the process was slightly different for me. Given that I interned in SI&T but wanted to get into MCIM, i went through a number of interviews with various members of the MCIM team.

I had an interview with a Senior Mgr from the F&PM team which was a roughly 60 minute interview aimed at a bit of technical competency as well as mainly getting to know you type questions, followed by a catch up with a Senior Executive, which was mainly a getting to know you interview.

If you came straight through off the street, you would have a phone interview (10 mins) followed by possibly an interview with HR or a Manager before getting to the above stage

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly straight forward - the hardest question was probably along the lines of "a client has come to you asking for a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a project they want to undertake...how would you go about putting this together?"   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Sydney) in November 2008.

Interview

In my initial interview I was interviewed by a fairly uninspiring fellow - he wanted to get through it as quickly as possible as far as I could tell. This was probably understandable since there were a lot of graduates to get through, but I came out of there kind of confused really - he really seemed to want generic answers to generic questions. I don't think that their training is terribly good in terms of how to do interviews, so expect this interview to vary widely depending on who you are assigned to.

The senior executive interview however was a lot better - by this stage you are meeting with people who are more likely to challenge you - I was asked in depth about my honours thesis and masters projects. This was good, as I had a lot of material to pull from and I tried to focus on the amount of experience in working in groups, and especially in working with competing pressures from multiple interest groups (a total green light to working in the consulting industry I suppose!)

The interviews take place at head office, but clearly the majority of the workforce do not spend much time here, so it was a bit difficult to understand the people or the culture during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Accenture - where (in terms of business group and technology streams) do you see yourself fitting in   Answer Question
    • Describe in detail your [honours/masters/major works] at uni including any aspects of group work   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - naivety on my part probably - didn't really get the impression that it was an option though. The one thing I should have known however is that you should go in there with a good knowledge of the business groups and where you would like to fit in. If you don't know or if you say you don't mind, you will end up in the less inspiring areas as they are typically positions which are more difficult to fill - definitely recommend doing thorough research into which stream you want to go into.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Brisbane) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 rounds.
    1. An initial telephone interview with a HR recruiter asking very general questions, this last for about 10 minutes.
    2. A more detailed phone interview with another consultant asking for more specific questions about yourself, including your strenghts and weaknesses. This lasted about 30min.
    3. A face-to-face interview with a consultant at Manager level. This was a behavioural based interview lasting about 1 hour.
    4. If you get to this stage, theres a good chance you're already in as long as you don't do anything terribly stupid in this final round. This is just an informal chat with a consultant at a Senior Executive level lasting about 30min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your view on something has been different to your managers and how did you go about convincing your manager your view was the correct one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little negitiation involved as this was a graduate position so was offered the standard starting salary.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Melbourne) in September 2008.

Interview

Detailed process. Consists of behavioural, Skills, soft skills test.
    Aimed at finding the experience, relevance to the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

SHould negotiate very hard otherwise will get a raw deal. Make your expectation clear from day one.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Canberra) in September 2008.

Interview

Submit job application which induced your CV, but also responding to a few short answer questions
    Phone interview from a HR representative
    Phone Interview with a Manager
    Face to face interview with a Senior Manager
    Phone interview with a senior Executive

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any of the questions from the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negation within the offer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Melbourne) in March 2008.

Interview

3 interviews
    First is a screening interview
    Second is a skills interview
    Third is a partner closing interview

Negotiation

No negotiation - take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Sydney) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and provided the opportunity to speak to executive level staff and to better understand the company. This helped in setting some expectations with myself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations occurred

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Wollongong) in June 2007.

Interview

The first phone interview asked me about my vision or what I would like to be in the future. They're trying to align my vision with what company wants to achieve in the future.

After that, I got a 1-1 interview, the interviewer asked me about my skills, and also about soft skills.

Last interview was with the senior exec. The interviewer asked me again about what I wanted to achieve and all those hopes in the future

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions ?   1 Answer

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school's job posting site back in mid-February.

1. Received an invitation to interview on campus. Interviewed with a partner. It was basically a conversation and walking her through my resume. She was very nice and made it extremely relaxed.

2. Notified that I received a second-round interview. This happened on campus two days later and was also with a partner. Again, it was very conversational but a little more behavioral. He asked me questions about working in teams and leadership, something Accenture always asks about, and why consulting.

Then I didn't hear back from them for a month and a half, so I moved on. Then I randomly received a phone call one evening in early April and was told that I would have a final-round interview in their Philadelphia office. I scheduled it for the upcoming Friday because I had an approaching offer deadline for another company.

The recruiter sent an email to me telling me what to expect in the interview process. There would be two 45 minute interviews, one case interview and one closing interview.

3. The case interview was with a managing director. He asked me a very obscure case question, which was an actual problem he was working on with one of his clients. He told me he didn't like to ask the generic case questions. The interviewer wanted to see my thought process about the problem. We talked about the case for about 15 minutes, after which he said we could just stop. He was more focused on getting to know me than the case itself. He then proceeded to ask behavioral questions: Talk about a time when you didn't get along with a teammate and how you worked through that. Tell me how you've shown leadership. Walk me through a project you've done. Why consulting? Why Accenture? They want to see how you work in teams.

4. The closing interview was immediately after the case interview. The interviewer asked a lot of similar behavioral questions that were asked in the previous interview. He also asked me what my greatest strength and weakness are. He gave me a lot of time to ask questions, so use this time wisely. I think my knowledge of the company and enthusiasm about the role really showed.

I received the offer a week later.

The offer was very generous. You can expect a base salary, signing bonus, and relocation bonus, along with the performance bonus at the end of the year.

Interview Questions

• Greatest strength and weakness? Why consulting? Why Accenture?   Answer Question