Accenture

Updated 19 Nov 2014
3,279 Interview Reviews

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

There were 3 rounds: phone screening, phone skill, and video closing.

I applied online and after few days later I received an email from a recruiter to schedule the phone screening interview. The lady first explained a brief information about the job description and asked me about the compensation and some HR questions. Then she asked me more details on what's on my resume, including my education, skills, and school/individual projects. The total time took for this interview was 40 minutes.

After a week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule for the phone skill interview with one of the Software Engineering Managers. She gave me some example skill interview questions, and it helped me a lot to be ready. The Software Engineering Manager called me on the scheduled time and introduced himself first and asked me more details about my school/individual projects. Then he asked me some questions about OOP concepts, such as procedure vs object oriented, class, object, inheritance, interface, etc. The total time took for this interview was an hour.

In about a week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule for the closing interview with one of the Senior Managers. She also told me that I need to complete the background check through HireRight. I completed the background check process and waited for their response. I received an email from HireRight and told me that my background check successfully completed. The interview with the Senior Manager was a video chat using HireVue. He introduced himself first and asked me to introduce myself. He explained me more details about the job description, environment and culture. Then he asked me why I want to work at Accenture, what my career goal is, if I am flexible with traveling, any experience in failure, etc. I prepared some questions to ask, so I asked those at the end of the interview. The total time took for this interview was 40 minutes.

Few minutes later, the recruiter called me and gave me a verbal job offer. She told me that I will be receiving a written offer letter few days later.

As she told me, I received the written offer letter and accepted.

During this interview process, the recruiter was following up on my emails and interview very fast and was very professional. It was very comfortable to have conversation with her.

The Senior Engineering Manager and the Senior Manager were also professional. I enjoyed the conversation with them and after each interview I couldn't believe that the time passed that much already.

It was a great interview experience, and I got more interests on working with them!

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch. The watch says it's 6:30 now. What is the angle between its hour hand and minute hand? How did you find that answer?

There are Shape, Square and Rectangle classes. Which OO concept would you use and why?
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

Hii friends,
    I had applied through Elitums and received the call for direct interview Tech nd HR in New Delhi.
    Technical Interview:
    1st question was 'Introduce yourself' ^as expected, I introduced myself started from my name,educational qualification B.Tech(IIIT Jabalpur), area of interest,interest to work in Software field and then came to my basic education then family background that's all.
    2nd Ques: Then recruiter asked about my projects(Top 2 from resume). I explained.
    3rd Ques: Write a HTML code that represent the header,footer and divisions in browser(very simple).i designed.
    4th Question: Design a database and explain the keys with the example? I created Company database and explained Primary Key, Foreign Key, Super Key etc.
    5th Ques: Write the connection string of JDBC API (that is part of my project)? I wrote full code and explained step by step.
    6th Ques: What is polymorphism? I explained and ask him to explain further i.e. Compile Time and Run Time Polymorphism, He replied- No, its ok.
    7th Ques: what is Stack and Queue? i answered and started to implement in link list.He interrupted me in-between and said- its ok.

Then interviewer told me that its done.Thank you.
    I came out and wait for 5 minutes and asked to go 4 HR round.

HR Interview:
    1st Ques: as expected 'Tell me about yourself'.
    2nd Ques: What have you done something different in your course? i explained about my B.Tech Project.
    3rd: I noticed that you have good technical skill, Do you want to be the part of Accenture Technology services i.e Software Engineering.? I replied- 'Yes Sir' I have good exercise in java language and Databases and enthusiastic to work as a Software Engineer.
    Again he asked that where do u want 2 see urself after 5 years? I replied that I would like 2 achieve a good position like project manager or HOD of any Software Department.
    then he asked many questions like Location preference, Gap in study and reason, relocation, nightshifts, bond policy etc.

After 10 minuts I asked to go in the auditorium that was d first hint that i got selected :)

Thanks.
    Ashis

Analyst Interview

First interview with HR then subsequent interviews with staff across various levels in the organization.
    Took about 3 weeks to get feedback from HR then another week for the first interview with Associate to be setup.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult questions. Typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation for entry level analyst roles.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Three levels of interview, initial screening by the recruiter, followed by a technical interview after one week and another final interview a week later. The technical interview is more skill based/experience questions and a few technical questions. The final interview has situational and few technical questions to assess your experience and fit with the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage a difficult employee if you are a Supervisor   Answer Question
    I got a decent amount. Didn't negotiate too much..

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

I had applied through campus recuritment
    so had 4 rounds in College Aptitude Test, Group Discussion, HR Round and Technical Round
    HR Round was simple mostly on "Something about yourself", " Willing to Relocate"," Ready to work in shifts"

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

After applyin online i got an email to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. It was a very casual call mainly to review your resume. After the call there is an aptitude test which isn't too difficult as long as you use common sense and have a baaic understanding of how coding works. If you pass the aptitude test you'll receive a call to set up the face-to-face interview. The interview will consist of 2 interviews, a skill and an HR interview. Just be calm and be able to speak in a conversational manner. It's an entry level position so they're looking for people they can train. It's more important to be able to strike a conversation and not have long silences than to be well versed in coding. Coding can be taught but it's hard to change behavior.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time where you had to deal with criticism and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

easy concentrate on communication skills . A few question about accenture and technical skills . The GDs can be tough occassionally.Written round was simple refer to any quant and LR book that should suffice

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

One round of telephonic interview (Technical) for about 1 hour. Detailed and to the point. 1 round HR with silly questions. Technical interview is more or less based on the resume and previous work experiences. In addition to that there was technical questions on subject varying difficulty levels. Interviewer was friendly and will give ample time to think and answer. Maturity level of answer matters for upper level candidates.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question on some internal working of a technology.   View Answer
    Ask for joining bonus. And get a written confirmation for the same, otherwise you might not get it after joining.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

4 rounds
    1st round: Aptitude written test (around 50 questions ranging from maths, English, logical reasoning)
    2nd round: Group discussion (each group of 15 people)
    3rd round: Technical (What is your coursework? What is your favorite subject? Tell me about the layers in computer networks? Why are you interested in it? Tell me about the various OOPS concepts. Tell me difference between C & C++. All basic Qs. Why should we hire you? What are your strengths?)
    4th round: HR (What makes you different from others? Tell me about yourself? Why should we hire you? Why do you want to join? etc.)

No negotiation