Accenture

2,593 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2014.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter for a Financial Analyst position at Accenture. After an initial phone screening with the recruiter, I spoke on the phone with a hiring manager at Accenture. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes and I answered some basic questions about my current role, what I liked about my current job, what I didn't like about my current job, and how I thought I could add value to their team. The manager than provided more details about Accenture and the position.

Within a week or so I got a call back from the recruiter saying they were interested in a fact to face interview. The face to face interview lasted about an hour and it was with two of the people I would be working with. I essentially provided a summary of my resume (education and work history), and talked more in detail about my current role and what skills I brought to the table. The interview was actually quite laid back and I wasn't asked any of the typical annoying interview questions.

Interview Question – Thankfully, there were not any difficult of unexpected questions. Just the expected questions about my specific work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After getting an offer, I told the recruiter that I was offered more money to stay with my current employer, and then upped their offer by $5K a year.

Management Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details 1 Phone interview, 2 Case Intervews, 1 Onsite Interview

Interview Question – Do as many practice case studies as possible.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details 1st interview was fairly quick: why do u want to work for accenture, tell me about your extracurricular activities, asks abt gpa, willingness to relocate, location preferences,

Interview Question – What will be your day to day tasks at Accenture?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview Details It was a campus selection process. The initial round was a GD followed by a technical round with the manager...at the end we had an HR round. Slection process was simpler than expected

Interview Question – a case was put up in front of me from my past work during the summer internship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since I was a fresher

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview Details 1. Technical exam
2. Interview with the HR
3. Job Offer

Interview Question – Just the usual questions like strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They showed me the papers to sign and they explained the contract

Manager - Consulting Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details 4 rounds
- 1st round is HR screening to confirm the fitment to the position and set the expectations on the role (skills, benefits, etc.) This recruiter will be reasonably knowledgeable about the industry/skill set you are being considered for - and are really good at understanding the fitment. They will clarify any general questions you may have about ACN. Once approved, this HR recruiter will guide/coach you through the next 3 rounds (prior to each round, they will tell you who you are going to meet, what they will be looking for in the interview - and answer any question) - he/she will be a friend of yours to help bring out the best in you.
- 2nd & 3rd round (order can be interchangeable): skills interview by a employee one level above your applied position - they have certain criteria to judge the level of skill - the questions will be to understand if you have done similar work in your previous jobs. The other round will be behavioral round conducted by a trained behavioral interviewer - they ask you to provide examples of how you handled 4 different types of situations (they will share the situations during the interview)
First 3 rounds will be remote/telephonic. The 4th round will be in-person or via video-conference/tele-presence
- 4th round: Confirmation interview with a Managing Director - will confirm your expectations and understanding of the role - explain what is expected by ACN and what you can expect from ACN, if you join - you can share any concerns that you may have, which the recruiter was unable to respond to - if the first 3 rounds went well, the 4th round is to confirm if there are any show-stoppers or red-flags to making an offer - hence, this evaluation is done by a member of the senior executive leadership.

Interview Question – Majority were standard expected questions   Answer Question

Accenture Technology Solutions Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details Fairly long application form, then 40-minute phone interview, and finally face-to-face HR and skills-based interviews (1 hour each)

The face-to-face HR interview was basically a repeat of the phone interview, and I didn't get any programming-related questions at all (not even in the skills-based interview). I'd recommend brushing up on Accenture as a whole (including the difference between ACG and ATS), as well as knowing the general software development life-cycle like the back of your hand. In addition, a few more specific methodologies (like Agile and spiral) would be pretty good to know.

Interview Question – Comparing the Agile development model to the waterfall model. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each approach?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't comfortable about their work culture.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in September 2012.

Interview Details It was a campus recruitment event. There were 2 rounds of interviews - HR and Technical. The HR interview was fairly simple. I was asked questions about the company, why I wanted to join, why should they choose me, where do I see myself in 5 years etc. After clearing the HR interview, I appeared for the Tech interview, where I was asked a few database questions (simple queries, joins, triggers, views) and some questions on basic Java concepts.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions. All questions were basic and concept related.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Interview Details Very badly organized and i didnt know that whether my details were registered properly or not. After the registration there was no technical panel available. After that HR was so arrogant about not giving what i expected as my salary even though initially it was agreed upon.

Interview Question – Technical Interview didnt happen   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details Round 1: Technical and Case-Based. Technical questions on TPM, Lean and Six Sigma. Questions on a particular business case.
Round 2: Technical and Case-Based. Questions and stress to the candidate on 2 business cases
Round 3: Client Facing Skill Sets.
Round 4: HR Round

Interview Question – This question was related to Badminton as I have a lot of interest in Badminton and they wanted to test me on it. Why are the Chinese so dominant in Badminton and Why cant Indians catch up to them?

They were expecting accurate answers. Not global Gyaan....
  Answer Question