Accenture Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,998 interviews

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

Hii friends,
    I had applied through Elitums and received the call for direct interview Tech nd HR in New Delhi.
    Technical Interview:
    1st question was 'Introduce yourself' ^as expected, I introduced myself started from my name,educational qualification B.Tech(IIIT Jabalpur), area of interest,interest to work in Software field and then came to my basic education then family background that's all.
    2nd Ques: Then recruiter asked about my projects(Top 2 from resume). I explained.
    3rd Ques: Write a HTML code that represent the header,footer and divisions in browser(very simple).i designed.
    4th Question: Design a database and explain the keys with the example? I created Company database and explained Primary Key, Foreign Key, Super Key etc.
    5th Ques: Write the connection string of JDBC API (that is part of my project)? I wrote full code and explained step by step.
    6th Ques: What is polymorphism? I explained and ask him to explain further i.e. Compile Time and Run Time Polymorphism, He replied- No, its ok.
    7th Ques: what is Stack and Queue? i answered and started to implement in link list.He interrupted me in-between and said- its ok.

Then interviewer told me that its done.Thank you.
    I came out and wait for 5 minutes and asked to go 4 HR round.

HR Interview:
    1st Ques: as expected 'Tell me about yourself'.
    2nd Ques: What have you done something different in your course? i explained about my B.Tech Project.
    3rd: I noticed that you have good technical skill, Do you want to be the part of Accenture Technology services i.e Software Engineering.? I replied- 'Yes Sir' I have good exercise in java language and Databases and enthusiastic to work as a Software Engineer.
    Again he asked that where do u want 2 see urself after 5 years? I replied that I would like 2 achieve a good position like project manager or HOD of any Software Department.
    then he asked many questions like Location preference, Gap in study and reason, relocation, nightshifts, bond policy etc.

After 10 minuts I asked to go in the auditorium that was d first hint that i got selected :)

Thanks.
    Ashis

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I was referred, received an email from a recruiter about a week after referral.
    All the interviewers were extremely nice and they certainly make you feel at ease. If you prepare yourself well, all the interviews will be easy to do! I personally went through all the reviews on here and made a Word document listing all the questions and answering the ones like "Why Accenture?" "What does an analyst do?" "How does your background fit into the role?"(actually writing the answers out so that I could make sure my thoughts were organized once I had to deliver during the interview) For the situational ones, prepare around 8 scenarios and PRACTICE adjusting scenarios to fit questions!

HR PHONE SCREENING
    15-30 minutes. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.
    Screening - This is with HR. The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. It was very easy! But I think every HR rep varies on what they ask you, so I would suggest being prepared to answer questions that require research on the company. Start preparing for this step as if you were already moving on to the next!

SITUATIONAL INTERVIEW
    I was scheduled for this interview two days later. This is with an HR person.
    PHONE: one hour. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 8-10 situations that you can apply to different situations. Tackle multiple skills in one answer like taking initiative with teamwork! Also make sure you organize your situations very well, this also shows the interviewer that you know how to present.
    Accenture is a technology consulting company! It would be great if at least one of your situations has some example of how you have used technology, even if the interviewer doesn't directly ask you! I had one which I used in all the interviews of the process and it was super helpful in showcasing that even though I don't have a strong technical background, I can learn fast and not be daunted by it!
    Showcase:
    • Problem solving skills
    • Team/Interpersonal skills
    • Adaptability and flexibility
    • Leadership skills
    • Technical expertise

After each situation they will ask follow-up questions. In my case, not too many! But you have to be sure you can support your answers. I was asked: How did you test X or Y ? How did you gather all that information? HOw did you measure results?
    I got an email informing me that I had moved on to the next round forty minutes after this call.

AT THE OFFICE
    You get to the office and are met by two current analysts. Everybody is super nice! BUT REMEMBER you are being assessed the whole time!!!!! There is no downtime during this visit. It may seem very informal during some points but you need to be engaging, ask questions, be gregarious, show interest! They want to make sure they would WANT to work with you! Make conversation, show eagerness about the company. Cannot stress that enough!
    There are two 45-minute interviews. One is more focused on your leadership abilities and discussing any leadership roles you may have held. The other is more focused on your team work abilities and if the executive would be comfortable staffing you on their project with other team members.
    You will be interviewed by senior execs and my biggest suggestion would be to be engaging and treat this as a conversation more than an interview. It shouldn't be stiff! Build rapport with the interviewers. You want to have them like you! They will ask some situational questions so still be prepared to deliver on that.
    There will be a lot of time for your questions. I personally made a list of about 46 questions! You will not memorize all of this, but I think it is an important exercise so that you are prepared with thoughtful questions. I would suggest asking some questions that are not your typical "What is the biggest challenge?" or "What is the culture like?" Example: "I read Accenture’s Technology Vision for 2014 and the first trend was about big companies becoming digital global giants—like Disney. But the report did not give many government examples. How has the government reinvented itself? How is it becoming a digital government?" I was interviewing for the federal service side so this was very pertinent. This is your opportunity to showcase that you have read everything on the company.
    I actually really enjoyed this day!

Overall, my biggest advice would be to prepare, prepare, prepare! If you are well prepared and have done your research and work that knowledge into the interviews, It will not be difficult.

I got my offer by phone about four hours after the visit had finished. Super exciting!!! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • None, really just go through all the questions mentioned in these reviews. Make a list. Nothing will be unexpected if you do that!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The offer, the benefits, and the signing bonus were all very good. I also read on here that they are not very likely to negotiate and during the office visit they do tell you they will give you their best offer.

Analyst Consulting Group (Graduate Programmer) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Filled out the online application, heard back within the week inviting me to a telephone interview.

Telephone interview was split into three parts: questions about Accenture and why I wanted to work for them, competency-based questions ("describe a situation when...") and a short case study at the end. Was called the next day to invite me to an assessment centre.

Assessment centre was only a morning (approximately 9.00am-12.45pm). There were a few un-assessed parts: manager presentation and Q&A with a current analyst, and two assessed parts: group exercise (split into groups to discuss solutions Accenture can offer for companies merging) and a 1-on-1 interview (part of this followed on from the solutions in the morning, the other part was asking about my understanding of and interest in Accenture).

They said they will get back to us in 10-15 working days, so still waiting to hear on the outcome of my application.

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically should clients come to us over our competitors?   Answer Question

ASE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

Aptitude test through elitmus,
    off campus drive including Technical and HR interview.
    Only basic questions were asked based on DBMS, C, C++, Embedded, Micro Controller, Micro Processor.
    HR - About Accenture, Core values, Why should we hire you etc etc....
    Overall selection - Easy process.

IT Strategy Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

1) Screening interview by HR to go over your background
    2) Personality interview by HR, lots of 'tell me about a time when....'
    3) In person office interview by 2 Senior Managers. Both Senior Managers basically gave an IT case. They describe the client engagements that they're on and ask you what the major thing to consider are, and how would you help the client in their shoes.

No negotiation.

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

Very straightforward interview process. There were three interviews with area managers and one HR interview. Excellent communication and status updates throughout. I felt they really cared about me as a person and they really wanted me to join the company. I also liked the technology aspects of the interview as I did one video interview where it was great to talk "in person."

Interview Questions
    I negotiated based on factual historical data and got a little more.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Long time taking process of recruitment. Depth of the technolgy can be expected here in technical round

Interview Questions
    • Depth of the technolgy can be expected here in technical round   Answer Question

IT BA DW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in December 2013.

You will be interviewing with HR rep first. The HR rep will arrange a video interview with Hiring Manager or Supervisor. Then, they will arrange a video interview with Director. Whole process may take 2 weeks to a month depend on the job demand.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. it is basic questions about resume and previous work experience.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Consulting Analyst Interview

4 to 5 rounds of interviews, mixed with behavioral, group case studies. Overall experience was quite pleasant. The questions asked are pretty straight forward, and there aren't a lot of curve balls. Just remember to have past experiences that may help indicate your performance.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions starting with "tell me a time when ...etc"   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Accenture.

Got shortlisted through Amcat for direct Tech HR.The Technical HR round was simple asked about my project and area of interest.Then got selected to HR round it was little bit tough .Please be prepare whatever you wrote in your resume