Accenture Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
2,991 interviews

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

3 rounds of process, First telephonic, then HR discussion and the 1-1 managerial round which will check your decision making and all other skills for project handling skill. Mostly will provide you situation and ask to analyse same. Be punctual about timings and be ready for anything related to your job profile.

Interview Questions
    • Can expect some objective questions having perfect answers so need to be well prepared.   View Answer
    Need to negotiate

Business and Systems Integration Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I was referred, received an email from a recruiter about a week after referral.
    All the interviewers were extremely nice and they certainly make you feel at ease. If you prepare yourself well, all the interviews will be easy to do! I personally went through all the reviews on here and made a Word document listing all the questions and answering the ones like "Why Accenture?" "What does an analyst do?" "How does your background fit into the role?"(actually writing the answers out so that I could make sure my thoughts were organized once I had to deliver during the interview) For the situational ones, prepare around 8 scenarios and PRACTICE adjusting scenarios to fit questions!

HR PHONE SCREENING
    15-30 minutes. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.
    Screening - This is with HR. The purpose is to evaluate your experience and ensure you have the required background. It was very easy! But I think every HR rep varies on what they ask you, so I would suggest being prepared to answer questions that require research on the company. Start preparing for this step as if you were already moving on to the next!

SITUATIONAL INTERVIEW
    I was scheduled for this interview two days later. This is with an HR person.
    PHONE: one hour. You will be asked 3-4 situational questions that you should answer using the "STAR" method. For the situational questions, make sure you have maybe 8-10 situations that you can apply to different situations. Tackle multiple skills in one answer like taking initiative with teamwork! Also make sure you organize your situations very well, this also shows the interviewer that you know how to present.
    Accenture is a technology consulting company! It would be great if at least one of your situations has some example of how you have used technology, even if the interviewer doesn't directly ask you! I had one which I used in all the interviews of the process and it was super helpful in showcasing that even though I don't have a strong technical background, I can learn fast and not be daunted by it!
    Showcase:
    • Problem solving skills
    • Team/Interpersonal skills
    • Adaptability and flexibility
    • Leadership skills
    • Technical expertise

After each situation they will ask follow-up questions. In my case, not too many! But you have to be sure you can support your answers. I was asked: How did you test X or Y ? How did you gather all that information? HOw did you measure results?
    I got an email informing me that I had moved on to the next round forty minutes after this call.

AT THE OFFICE
    You get to the office and are met by two current analysts. Everybody is super nice! BUT REMEMBER you are being assessed the whole time!!!!! There is no downtime during this visit. It may seem very informal during some points but you need to be engaging, ask questions, be gregarious, show interest! They want to make sure they would WANT to work with you! Make conversation, show eagerness about the company. Cannot stress that enough!
    There are two 45-minute interviews. One is more focused on your leadership abilities and discussing any leadership roles you may have held. The other is more focused on your team work abilities and if the executive would be comfortable staffing you on their project with other team members.
    You will be interviewed by senior execs and my biggest suggestion would be to be engaging and treat this as a conversation more than an interview. It shouldn't be stiff! Build rapport with the interviewers. You want to have them like you! They will ask some situational questions so still be prepared to deliver on that.
    There will be a lot of time for your questions. I personally made a list of about 46 questions! You will not memorize all of this, but I think it is an important exercise so that you are prepared with thoughtful questions. I would suggest asking some questions that are not your typical "What is the biggest challenge?" or "What is the culture like?" Example: "I read Accenture’s Technology Vision for 2014 and the first trend was about big companies becoming digital global giants—like Disney. But the report did not give many government examples. How has the government reinvented itself? How is it becoming a digital government?" I was interviewing for the federal service side so this was very pertinent. This is your opportunity to showcase that you have read everything on the company.
    I actually really enjoyed this day!

Overall, my biggest advice would be to prepare, prepare, prepare! If you are well prepared and have done your research and work that knowledge into the interviews, It will not be difficult.

I got my offer by phone about four hours after the visit had finished. Super exciting!!! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • None, really just go through all the questions mentioned in these reviews. Make a list. Nothing will be unexpected if you do that!   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The offer, the benefits, and the signing bonus were all very good. I also read on here that they are not very likely to negotiate and during the office visit they do tell you they will give you their best offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Long time taking process of recruitment. Depth of the technolgy can be expected here in technical round

Interview Questions
    • Depth of the technolgy can be expected here in technical round   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

Very straightforward interview process. There were three interviews with area managers and one HR interview. Excellent communication and status updates throughout. I felt they really cared about me as a person and they really wanted me to join the company. I also liked the technology aspects of the interview as I did one video interview where it was great to talk "in person."

Interview Questions
    I negotiated based on factual historical data and got a little more.

Cognos Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in August 2013.

Got a call with the venue and time. I went to the office at 9:30 am as required. Waited with others until 2:30 pm. We went n asked if theres going to be an interview at all. They said oh yes in abt 15 mins.
    At 4 we went into a room n waited 45 mins. Then i was called for hr round coz they didnt have any cognos interviwer! Tech round will b on phone that weekend they said.

Then no response or communication for 4 weeks. Then i got another call n set up a new date. This new caller wanted to interview for informatica, not cognos. He apologised that hr had sent him the wrong technology candidate. So that was the end :) ill never again take an accenture interview in india at least. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Can we have the interview next weekend as we dont have a cognos expert today?   Answer Question

Software As A Service (SaaS) Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in June 2014.

A really supportive recruitment agency put me forward for this role. Initially I was successful on the phone interview with one of the senior consultants. But for the next stage luckily I had a contact who previously worked at Accenture and could give me some real advice about the culture and how to prepare for the more difficult competency-based HR questions which formed the second half of the 2.5 hour long 1:1 interview. Unfortunately, although the talk through my previous career with the Case MD started well, I struggled with the model scenario. After that the questions became quite personal and afterwards i realised that this may not be the type of company I'd be happy working for.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you gained the specific qualification "x"?   View Answer

SAP BI Consultant Interview

Good company. Phone interview. Technical manager accepted my profile and selected me. HR discussion took place the same day.Good company. Phone interview. Technical manager accepted my profile and selected me. HR discussion took place the same day.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Accenture in August 2014.

I was shortlisted for Accenture through my elitmus score. The placement drive was held at MAIT, Delhi on 2nd August. Since I was shortlisted through elitmus , so I was directly called for TR and HR.
    Round 1) Technical Interview
    • What is your favorite subject? (said JSP and Servlets)
    • What is JSP?
    • How is JSP different from Servlets?
    • What is static and dynamic content?
    • If same thing can be done with applets, why do we go for JSP and servlets ?
    • Out of bubble , selection and insertion sort , which one is best ?
    Cleared the TR and went for next round.

Round 2) HR Interview
    • Introduction ?
            Family background ?
    • Have you ever worked in a team?
    • Have you ever given any ideas in work?
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now ?
    • Relocatable or not? Open to all domains or not?

Cleared the HR Interview and was finally selected

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture in August 2010.

I was interviewed for a design role five years back and it was quite easy with just one technical round for 20 mins. But it changed over the years to "More you answer more you are questioned and higher the chance of getting hired". The process is smooth as long as you are patient. HR will take their own time in many cases. The whole process took about 3 - 4 months for me.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in May 2014.

I applied online, took about two weeks for recruitment to call. She was very helpful and informative, went over my resume. Next step was to take an online assessment test, which was difficult, however, its suppose to be, the passing percentile is not that high. After I passed the test I was invited for an in person interview session, one with HR and one technical interview. They made me feel very comfortable and the questions were typical HR questions. Just relax answer truthfully and you'll be fine. The technical questions were questions regarding to my resume, so depending on whats on your resume will determine what the interviewer will ask.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions. Like I said before they mainly ask what's on your resume, as long as you didn't lie, it'll be an easy interview. The also ask about projects you've been part of in groups at school, challenges you've had and how you overcame them. Remember the STAR method: situation/task, answer and results.   Answer Question
    Entry level position no negotiations. You're salary is dependent on your GPA.