Accenture Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
3,113 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Management Consulting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Initial phone call was with recruiter and the person the entire process was going to be managed by. It consisted of basic questions regarding my background. Ensure to know your resume and your relevant experience compared to the job description and expectations. Also, be able to give information regarding current compensation/expectations, desired office location, and relevant demographic questions.

I asked if the recruiter had any feedback regarding my qualifications for the role and she explained that I had passed the first round and was going to be scheduled for my second round which would be the behavioral interview, if I then passed this interview, I would be given a 3rd interview for Skills and if all went well, then I would be given a confirming round (final) interview in NYC with a partner and senior manager.

2nd Interview (Behavioral/Situational): My interview was with an HR professional, with Accenture for 10 years conducting interview from HR perspective.
    I over prepared every question possible by using google questions. However, I recommend knowing basic behavioral questions, such as problem solving examples, team work examples, overcoming conflict, and the such.
     -Similar question ex: Tell me about a time you began a team, how did you go about it?
     -Similar question ex: Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it?

3rd Interview (Skills Interview): This truly depends on which role you are applying for and what team or sector you will be part of. My interview was for Financial Services, Risk Management - Operations Risk Management. My interviewer had been with Accenture for 8 years and currently senior manager. I did a lot of preparation for this interview and it went really well.

A lot of questions based on Risk Management, Basel I & II. She asked me about the pillars of the regulations. She asked me a lot of various questions and I answered them all. She gave me excellent feedback and was very happy.

She also asked me a case question.

All three interviews were over the phone. I was told about 4 weeks later that due to my experience being less than the requirement on the position, they encourage me to try again in a year. According to feedback, my experience was the only set back. The position required 3 years with 5 years preferred. I currently have 2.4 years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Specific name and descriptions of Pillars of Basel Regulations   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

3 rounds of process, First telephonic, then HR discussion and the 1-1 managerial round which will check your decision making and all other skills for project handling skill. Mostly will provide you situation and ask to analyse same. Be punctual about timings and be ready for anything related to your job profile.

Interview Questions
    • Can expect some objective questions having perfect answers so need to be well prepared.   View Answer
    Need to negotiate

Technical Post Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accenture.

Consists of 2 rounds- aptitude and technical+HR
    Aptitude-questions on percentage,average,ratio and proportion,time and distance,time and work,allegations and mixtures,blood relations,seating arrangements,series.
    Technical+HR-Questions on your project,simple problem statement on dbms,what do you know about accenture,why do you want to join accenture and a topic to speak on for 1-2 mins

Analytics Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Multiple interviews very intense but worth it. The first was mainly and HR focused interview the second was more skills related to the position the third was more strategic thinking and forth was more a cultural perspective

Interview Questions
    Not bad. Never accept first offer anyway

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accenture.

On campus interview from my undergraduate college. The interview was behavioral majorly, with a couple of technical questions about what I had learned during my degree. It was pretty simple overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the history of Arthur Anderson and how and when it came to be known as Accenture. This was unexpected rather than difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture.

Very long application process, after personal info 4000 character pieces to be written on why you want to work for accenture, your technology skills and a general one about you.

Two stage interview process. First interview is an hour long, 45 mins talking with a manager followed by a 15min case study
    Second round is a 40min case study followed by two 40 min interviews with a senior manager and a managing director. Not very technologically intensive but they will ask you about programming etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you if you arn't into programming   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Good experience. The aptitude was damn easy. The interview was the best part. It was so friendly. It was not like an interview at all... It was like a discussion.

Interview Questions
    • There were no alarming questions. But there were on the spot speaking skills being tested.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accenture.

Hiring process takes a long time more than 4-6 weeks
    got first call and said technical interview schedule is being done. 4 weeks passed and no technical interview calls.
    after that gets calls again for technical interview schedule and email confirming the same after one week.
    Technical interview happens on schedule. went well. but no news even after 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • what do u tell clients when project deadline cannot be met?   View Answer

Fresher SE Interview

Group interview- a group of 5 students interviewed by both Tech and HR interviewers. Accenture was a mass recruitment company during our campus recruitment. We were tested with core knowledge, no stress on C programming skills.

Interview Questions
    • Why should Accenture hire B.Tech/B.E graduates over MBA or M.Tech?   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Accenture came to our college. there were only two round, first round consist of aptitude, quantitative and question based on English. First round were fairly easy and you don't need to prepare at all. Second round were Technical interview. They mainly focus on your communication skills.