Accenture

3,344 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture in June 2007.

The first phone interview asked me about my vision or what I would like to be in the future. They're trying to align my vision with what company wants to achieve in the future.

After that, I got a 1-1 interview, the interviewer asked me about my skills, and also about soft skills.

Last interview was with the senior exec. The interviewer asked me again about what I wanted to achieve and all those hopes in the future

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

There were 3 rounds: phone screening, phone skill, and video closing.

I applied online and after few days later I received an email from a recruiter to schedule the phone screening interview. The lady first explained a brief information about the job description and asked me about the compensation and some HR questions. Then she asked me more details on what's on my resume, including my education, skills, and school/individual projects. The total time took for this interview was 40 minutes.

After a week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule for the phone skill interview with one of the Software Engineering Managers. She gave me some example skill interview questions, and it helped me a lot to be ready. The Software Engineering Manager called me on the scheduled time and introduced himself first and asked me more details about my school/individual projects. Then he asked me some questions about OOP concepts, such as procedure vs object oriented, class, object, inheritance, interface, etc. The total time took for this interview was an hour.

In about a week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule for the closing interview with one of the Senior Managers. She also told me that I need to complete the background check through HireRight. I completed the background check process and waited for their response. I received an email from HireRight and told me that my background check successfully completed. The interview with the Senior Manager was a video chat using HireVue. He introduced himself first and asked me to introduce myself. He explained me more details about the job description, environment and culture. Then he asked me why I want to work at Accenture, what my career goal is, if I am flexible with traveling, any experience in failure, etc. I prepared some questions to ask, so I asked those at the end of the interview. The total time took for this interview was 40 minutes.

Few minutes later, the recruiter called me and gave me a verbal job offer. She told me that I will be receiving a written offer letter few days later.

As she told me, I received the written offer letter and accepted.

During this interview process, the recruiter was following up on my emails and interview very fast and was very professional. It was very comfortable to have conversation with her.

The Senior Engineering Manager and the Senior Manager were also professional. I enjoyed the conversation with them and after each interview I couldn't believe that the time passed that much already.

It was a great interview experience, and I got more interests on working with them!

Interview Questions
    • Think about an analog watch. The watch says it's 6:30 now. What is the angle between its hour hand and minute hand? How did you find that answer?

There are Shape, Square and Rectangle classes. Which OO concept would you use and why?

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

Usually the hiring process is 4 steps: HR, behavioral, Job Specific/Situational, and Final Executive Interview.
    I was a re-hire so I didn't have to do the behavioral, and had 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When getting into the Job specific interviews, being a consulting company the interviewer asked questions about leadership, leading a team, how would I handle certain situations with clients, as well asked my knowledge in specific areas, trends, and opinions on some opportunities.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I got a call through Elitmus , it was a very easy interview . They were basically checking the communication of an candidate with a very less focus on there technical knowledge .

Not Given Interview

I got placed from college placements.
    There were two rounds(1.aptitude test AND 2. Technical+HR round)
    1.Aptitude Test : It was a mixture of verbal,logical reasoning, Arithmetic questions.
    Logical was easy.Mostly the questions time based,so you need to be fast.
    Verbal was difficult in one set of paper(which i attempted)
    Arithmetic was difficult in another set of paper

Interview Questions
    • Logical questions- time based questions
      1. Three long strings were given and you need to identify which of them are similar.
      2.Cause and effect type of questions (Ex. Available on Indiabix.com)
      3.Statement and assumptions
      Verbal-
      1.Two Passages (1 long and 1 short)
      2. Synonyms
      3.fill in with appropriate words.
      Arithmetic-
      1.Questions on set
      2.probabiliy

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied through an online job portal. Didn't have to wait much. Interview was pretty easy. Basic HR questions and few questions on the graduation project. Only 1 interview took place which included both HR and technical questions. After the interview, result was announced after 1 hour. We were promised that we would get the offer letter through email after 1 month and we got it in time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Fixed salary as promised.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Total 3 rounds of interviews. First round was on campus and primarily behavioral. Second round focused on my technical background/experiences and how they were relevant to the position I was applying for. Third round was on site- two 45 minute interviews with Senior Managers. Very smooth and enjoyable interview process. I felt like the interviewers were genuinely trying to get to know me as oppose to testing me.

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

I applied through my university's career services and got an interview.First interview they go over your resume and talk through it point by point. Second interview is a behavioral interview. I didn't get called in for a third interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you had to do something new and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

The process was composed of two interviews and one technical test. The first interview was a behavioral one in which I was asked to tell about my past experiences in the field, my academic background and other personal questions. Then I was invited for a technical test which I found very basic for the software architect position. After the test there was a technical interview with two senior architects. They asked technical questions about my CV to confirm the veracity of it. The hole process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • As I said, I didn't find the test very difficult. The most difficult question asked to explain the four layer software architecture.   Answer Question