Accountemps Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.1

Temporary Employee Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Very simple interview process. They will ask for some personal information for paperwork and background checks. Then the actual face to face interview simply asks about work experience. Lasted about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    They will call you when a job that is right the fit for you comes. You can then accept the job or not. Extremely easy, they essentially did all the work of finding the job and presenting you.

Temporary Accounting Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps.

Simply signed some forms, and answered some questions about the resume. They tried to find temporary positions for candidate who went througn the process, but no guarantee that there would be suitable position. Resume will be kept on file for 6 months.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in April 2014.

Got a phone call from a recruiter for a temporary position. Behavioral questions about your interests and tell us more about yourself. Some questions are about what is written in your resume and experiences are very important.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future goals in life? Tell me a situation where you have a problem that needs to be resolved right away.   Answer Question
    Depends on your experience. Starting salary for entry level between $12-18 an hour.

Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

applied online, phone interview, Filled out paperworks, a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. No difficult questions were asked during the interview. No unexpected questions come to mind.

Accounting Temp Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps.

After I applied couple positions online, one of the recruiters called me and set up an interview with me about one week later. Before the interview, they emailed me a link to complete a quiz. It is just basic knowledge about Word and Excel. During the interview, they just go through your resume and ask you about your desirable wage and interested companies. In the same week of the interview, they called me again, and got me on an assignment with an international company.

Not able to negotiate.

Accountant Interview

Called them to set up a time to meet. Filled out paperwork for 20 minutes. Interview was about 29 minutes Just like a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. I was to still look for jobs but to update them on who I sent resumes to.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were on my work experience and what my hourly rate would be.   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps.

I applied online and contacted them shortly after. I was told to come in for an interview. I dressed professionally and brought 2 forms of id and my resume, as I was told to.

Accounting Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2011.

Interview process was very thorough. Company ask detail question about your previous employers, positions held and duties. Skill test are given to assess your abilities. The process is fairly quick if there is a need for your skill set immediately.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate pay, know what your experience is worth. Don't settle for what is offered.

Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Accountemps.

The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Temporary Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Applied on-line. Took the battery of skills tests and ranked in the high 90th percentile. As background, I have a B.A. in Finance, and an M.B.A. in Accounting. I spoke with a recruiter in the Wilmington, DE, office and I was told that the positions I applied for on-line were already filled and they have very specific requirements for the jobs they fill and that I didn't meet them. (Apparently an M.B.A. in Accounting isn't specific enough for a temporary staff accountant position.) When I asked for more specificity about what credentials/experience/skills I was lacking the recruiter could not provide an answer.

Thinking that perhaps I had the misfortune to connect with a recruiter who was not particularly adept at evaluations I called the King of Prussia office and left a voicemail. I did not receive a call back but I did receive an email stating that the jobs I had applied for were all filled (and are currently still on the Accountemps website as open). I was also told via that same email that I should not consider Accountemps as a "resource" for me in finding employment. Basically? I was told to get lost.

What I took away from this experience was that the blow-off I experienced in the Wilmington office was not unique to the way experienced candidates are handled when they apply for positions with this company.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't ask any questions. I was lectured to as to why I did not match any of their open positions.   Answer Question

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!