Accountemps

Average Difficulty
91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant

I applied online - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2014.

Interview Details applied online, phone interview, Filled out paperworks, a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. No difficult questions were asked during the interview. No unexpected questions come to mind.

Very Easy Interview

Accounting Temp Interview

Accounting Temp

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details After I applied couple positions online, one of the recruiters called me and set up an interview with me about one week later. Before the interview, they emailed me a link to complete a quiz. It is just basic knowledge about Word and Excel. During the interview, they just go through your resume and ask you about your desirable wage and interested companies. In the same week of the interview, they called me again, and got me on an assignment with an international company.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Interviewed at Accountemps

Interview Details Called them to set up a time to meet. Filled out paperwork for 20 minutes. Interview was about 29 minutes Just like a regular interview. Looked over my resume. Asked me to give a brief overview of what I did. I was to still look for jobs but to update them on who I sent resumes to.

Interview Question – Questions were on my work experience and what my hourly rate would be.   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Bookkeeper

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details I applied online and contacted them shortly after. I was told to come in for an interview. I dressed professionally and brought 2 forms of id and my resume, as I was told to.

Interview Question – Explain the accounting process.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in March 2011.

Interview Details Interview process was very thorough. Company ask detail question about your previous employers, positions held and duties. Skill test are given to assess your abilities. The process is fairly quick if there is a need for your skill set immediately.

Interview Question – All questions are normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate pay, know what your experience is worth. Don't settle for what is offered.

Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details The interview didn't surprise me much. The interview paperwork took about a half hour to complete and then they asked me to "Tell me about yourself." Then again, they never got back to me about temporary work. They told me that there was no work available yet. I have a degree in accounting and they said that there was no work.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to multitask.   Answer Question

Temporary Accountant Interview

Temporary Accountant
King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details Applied on-line. Took the battery of skills tests and ranked in the high 90th percentile. As background, I have a B.A. in Finance, and an M.B.A. in Accounting. I spoke with a recruiter in the Wilmington, DE, office and I was told that the positions I applied for on-line were already filled and they have very specific requirements for the jobs they fill and that I didn't meet them. (Apparently an M.B.A. in Accounting isn't specific enough for a temporary staff accountant position.) When I asked for more specificity about what credentials/experience/skills I was lacking the recruiter could not provide an answer.

Thinking that perhaps I had the misfortune to connect with a recruiter who was not particularly adept at evaluations I called the King of Prussia office and left a voicemail. I did not receive a call back but I did receive an email stating that the jobs I had applied for were all filled (and are currently still on the Accountemps website as open). I was also told via that same email that I should not consider Accountemps as a "resource" for me in finding employment. Basically? I was told to get lost.

What I took away from this experience was that the blow-off I experienced in the Wilmington office was not unique to the way experienced candidates are handled when they apply for positions with this company.

Interview Question – The interviewer didn't ask any questions. I was lectured to as to why I did not match any of their open positions.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional Interview

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional
Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2010.

Interview Details I was sought out for the SPS program. This is a program where you become an employee of RHI with full benefits. Interview was straight forward. Hard part was determining industries and geographic location willing to travel.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one. The most challenging aspect is targeting which industries you are best suited to work in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You learn to play poker. It is hard ball negotiation.

General Interview

General

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details I met with three different people on the first day, then met with another individual on another day. The person on the second day was 30 minutes late, which was frustrating. This person was also quite unprofessional and had seemed to have never even reviewed my resume prior to meeting. I was a waste of time for the most part.

Interview Question – All questions were about my previous work experience. The most difficult questions related to my goals and future career aspirations, primarily because I am uncertain!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't interested in working for a temp agency.

AP Analyst Interview

AP Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2013.

Interview Details got a phone call, talked, and started in 3 days
nothing to discuss, fixed pay rate,

Interview Question – how to bahaviour with hard people   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!