Accountemps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager
Lexington, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in January 2009.

Interview Details Accountemps was very helpful in setting me up at Raytheon. I was placed there temporarily to work on a project. The project was very successful and Raytheon indicated they would like to hire me. I interefaced with the staffing manager and the director and discussed salary, benefits, etc. Everything looked good so I accepted.

Interview Question – How would you approach conflict resolution   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details My resume was passed to a regional manager and I was contacted by phone. They set up an in person where we discussed my background and sales experience. The district president happened to be in the office on that day and I had a one on one interview with them as well.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher base salary but they often have a take it or leave it mentality with their first offer.

Financial Specialist Interview

Financial Specialist
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details Applied online and was invited to have the accounting and excel tests. The tests provide you with scores for begining skills, intermediate and upper level skills. After passing with at least 75% score on both accounting and excel, you are offered a position and you are invited for several interviews with staffing executives and branch managers at the office you applied and at other four offices around Dallas.

Negotiation Details – It was easy and normal, as I was aware of the process.

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2008.

Interview Details This place is a temp agency and I found the interviewer both friendly and courteous. I felt like I was asked a lot about what I wanted to do, which was very nice. I would have appreciated more guidance, honestly, about what my degree, yet lack of experience in accounting could get me in both jobs, salary, and career paths.

Interview Question – An unexpected question was: "Tell me what your ideal day at work would be like?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had quite a few interviews, and only one job via accountemps that lasted only one day. I feel like I lacked the adequate skills for the job I was placed in.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2012.

Interview Details It was pretty straight forward. The recruiter will basically talk about your areas of your interest, what you look for in a company, your salary expectation and so on.

Interview Question – no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps in September 2011.

Interview Details Applied through Monster and got a reply back via e-mail in a couple of days and set up an appointment. Only had 1 interview. The office was clean, and the people were nice and professional. They really looked like they wanted the right person for the job because they asked questions about our experiences.

Interview Question – Interview went well, they ask about our experiences in the field we've applied for. They ask us our strongest and weakest skills. They ask us about our previous/current employers and behavioral questions. They ask us if we know any material that would help us with the position we've applied for.   Answer Question

Account Payable Interview

Account Payable
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details Asked to take several online knowledge and skills tests, such as basic accounting, excel, reconciliation, etc. and then went to an on-site interview, asking about background, work experience, career goal, job expectation, salary expectation, etc.

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Junior Accountant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2012.

Interview Details I applied for a position in Accountemps. Somebody called me after 2-3 weeks to schedule for an interview. They sent me a couple of tests on my email that I need to finish (basic accounting and Excel). Before the interview they asked me to fill out tons of paperwork. They will ask you for VERY personal information like your SSN.

The interview was pretty much the same as the other reviews in Glassdoor. The person clearly was showing no interest on me since he just asked me 2 questions. What's your previous job and are you willing to work at *city 1* or *city 2*. I knew there'd be no job offer happening when he said "Don't rely on us on giving you a job, look at indeed.com or careerbuilder.com". That was it for me.

Interview Question – Describe your previous job experience   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor Interview

Mortgage Processor
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2012.

Interview Details Got a call from the staff of the company right after I submit my resume for schedule a interview. Before the interview, you need to go online a do a basic skill test (basic english, logic, math, MS skills). In the interview they mostly just go through your resume and ask what your goals are. Mine took less than 20mins.

Interview Question – Not much interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $12.5-15/hr, they usually pays 13-13.5.

Junior Accountant Interview

Junior Accountant
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details Working of tally software , excel , ms office, and any of software working of performances in the training of soft ware

Interview Question – return will be summit late than which calculation and when working of the return submitted   View Answer