Accountemps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2008.

Interview Details This place is a temp agency and I found the interviewer both friendly and courteous. I felt like I was asked a lot about what I wanted to do, which was very nice. I would have appreciated more guidance, honestly, about what my degree, yet lack of experience in accounting could get me in both jobs, salary, and career paths.

Interview Question – An unexpected question was: "Tell me what your ideal day at work would be like?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had quite a few interviews, and only one job via accountemps that lasted only one day. I feel like I lacked the adequate skills for the job I was placed in.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Accountemps in November 2012.

Interview Details It was pretty straight forward. The recruiter will basically talk about your areas of your interest, what you look for in a company, your salary expectation and so on.

Interview Question – no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Accounting Clerk
Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps in September 2011.

Interview Details Applied through Monster and got a reply back via e-mail in a couple of days and set up an appointment. Only had 1 interview. The office was clean, and the people were nice and professional. They really looked like they wanted the right person for the job because they asked questions about our experiences.

Interview Question – Interview went well, they ask about our experiences in the field we've applied for. They ask us our strongest and weakest skills. They ask us about our previous/current employers and behavioral questions. They ask us if we know any material that would help us with the position we've applied for.   Answer Question

Account Payable Interview

Account Payable
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details Asked to take several online knowledge and skills tests, such as basic accounting, excel, reconciliation, etc. and then went to an on-site interview, asking about background, work experience, career goal, job expectation, salary expectation, etc.

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Junior Accountant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2012.

Interview Details I applied for a position in Accountemps. Somebody called me after 2-3 weeks to schedule for an interview. They sent me a couple of tests on my email that I need to finish (basic accounting and Excel). Before the interview they asked me to fill out tons of paperwork. They will ask you for VERY personal information like your SSN.

The interview was pretty much the same as the other reviews in Glassdoor. The person clearly was showing no interest on me since he just asked me 2 questions. What's your previous job and are you willing to work at *city 1* or *city 2*. I knew there'd be no job offer happening when he said "Don't rely on us on giving you a job, look at indeed.com or careerbuilder.com". That was it for me.

Interview Question – Describe your previous job experience   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor Interview

Mortgage Processor
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Accountemps in August 2012.

Interview Details Got a call from the staff of the company right after I submit my resume for schedule a interview. Before the interview, you need to go online a do a basic skill test (basic english, logic, math, MS skills). In the interview they mostly just go through your resume and ask what your goals are. Mine took less than 20mins.

Interview Question – Not much interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $12.5-15/hr, they usually pays 13-13.5.

Junior Accountant Interview

Junior Accountant
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview Details Working of tally software , excel , ms office, and any of software working of performances in the training of soft ware

Interview Question – return will be summit late than which calculation and when working of the return submitted   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Accountemps in October 2012.

Interview Details Had a 12:30 interview that got moved to 3:00, then waited in their lobby until 3:45 for the recruiter to come out. They asked basic questions, most of which could have been answered by my resume. The interview lasted about 15 minutes, and at the conclusion they told me the hourly rate would be $5 less than other staffing agencies I am signed up with. They also said they would be e-mailing me some skills tests, but I have yet to receive them.

Interview Question – What is your ideal company/industry to work for?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

Interviewed at Accountemps

Interview Details Responded to an ad for Staff Accountant and was contacted by a recruiter. I was interviewed by the recruiter and given several assessment tests.

Interview Question – What are my weaknesses or areas of improvement?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

Interviewed at Accountemps

Interview Details Interview was extremely pleasant. The recruiters are very busy however and try to make it as short as possible.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected for this entry position   Answer Question