Accountemps Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2014
Updated 11 Oct 2014

2.1

Financial Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accountemps.

Applied online and was invited to have the accounting and excel tests. The tests provide you with scores for begining skills, intermediate and upper level skills. After passing with at least 75% score on both accounting and excel, you are offered a position and you are invited for several interviews with staffing executives and branch managers at the office you applied and at other four offices around Dallas.

It was easy and normal, as I was aware of the process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps in November 2012.

It was pretty straight forward. The recruiter will basically talk about your areas of your interest, what you look for in a company, your salary expectation and so on.

Senior Accountant--Salaried Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in November 2012.

Interviewed for temp to hire position. I was brought in for more interviews with several different people. These positions often pay less than you could make working at a company. However, you get a much greater variety of work. The main thing is whether you can make it on the lower salary.

Interview Questions
    Based on salary guide for where I lived. I would suggest negotiating using salaries in the mid-range.

Account Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps.

Asked to take several online knowledge and skills tests, such as basic accounting, excel, reconciliation, etc. and then went to an on-site interview, asking about background, work experience, career goal, job expectation, salary expectation, etc.

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Accountemps.

Working of tally software , excel , ms office, and any of software working of performances in the training of soft ware

Interview Questions
    • return will be summit late than which calculation and when working of the return submitted   View Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps in October 2012.

Had a 12:30 interview that got moved to 3:00, then waited in their lobby until 3:45 for the recruiter to come out. They asked basic questions, most of which could have been answered by my resume. The interview lasted about 15 minutes, and at the conclusion they told me the hourly rate would be $5 less than other staffing agencies I am signed up with. They also said they would be e-mailing me some skills tests, but I have yet to receive them.

Junior Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accountemps in October 2012.

I applied for a position in Accountemps. Somebody called me after 2-3 weeks to schedule for an interview. They sent me a couple of tests on my email that I need to finish (basic accounting and Excel). Before the interview they asked me to fill out tons of paperwork. They will ask you for VERY personal information like your SSN.

The interview was pretty much the same as the other reviews in Glassdoor. The person clearly was showing no interest on me since he just asked me 2 questions. What's your previous job and are you willing to work at *city 1* or *city 2*. I knew there'd be no job offer happening when he said "Don't rely on us on giving you a job, look at indeed.com or careerbuilder.com". That was it for me.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accountemps in October 2012.

I applied online. One week later, I received a call to schedule an interview. When I came to the interview, they asked to fill out a lot of paper work. A reference letter is required, which is the part I don't like most.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. The HR required me to take several tasks online, which include EXCEL, Accounting, and Financial Analyst tests. Theses tests are easy.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Responded to an ad for Staff Accountant and was contacted by a recruiter. I was interviewed by the recruiter and given several assessment tests.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Accountemps in September 2012.

Forwarded a resume online. Received a call requesting an interview. Asked to do a skills test online prior to interview which included a personality test. Waited in busy lobby full of potential candidates (temps) also waiting to interview /register for the service. Interview was a review of my test results and resume.I was told I scored well and my resume looked good. I also was told I would be contacted when a position that matched my skills was available. I was never contacted again

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked during the interview. Some difficult questions/ skills were requested during the online testing. Nothing outside of my abilities or the average person with Microsoft Office skills and common sense.   View Answer