Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated 27 Apr 2015

2.8

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Sydney) in January 2014.

Interview

The recruiter called me and conducted a 30min interview in which she asked me about my resume, why I choose my uni, a time a took a risk and how it paid off etc, she then gave a speach about what they do and so on. About 2 weeks later I received an email for a seconn in peraon and phone interview.

Senior Associate Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview where I was asked to review my resume and explain why I was interested in ABC. The HR rep also provided me some information about the role and organization. It was very straight-forward. Less than 24 hours later, I was invited to an on-site interview. In the email invitation for the on-site interview, I received information needed to prepare a PowerPoint deck where I would analyze a set of fictitious hospital data and then provide advice for how this hospital could improve ROI. I also received information for how to prepare for a Case Study interview.

The second (and final) step was the on-site interview. During this step, I met with three ABC employees for roughly 1-hour each. The first interview was a basic meet and greet, very similar to the phone interview. The second interview was supposed to be my case study interview, but again turned out to be a basic meet and greet. The third interview consisted of my PowerPoint presentation and basic informational questions.

About a day and a half later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you have faced and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever experienced a situation where a client changed his/her mind? How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The interview was your typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary but the person interviewing me did not seem too interested in what I had to say.

I was referred by an employee and the process was very slow. A couple of weeks went by and I had not heard back from HR. The process seemed disorganized and they were quick to ask what my salary expectations were which I believe was a factor in the reason why I did not receive an offer.

Overall not a very pleasant experience, the HR people were not very helpful of timely.

Product Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Phone interview followed by second round interviews. Second round interviews involved visiting the company on site. It was a smooth process and they are very nice and informative about the whole process.

Experienced Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Very similar to the other reviews- contacted by HR for phone screen, HR rescheduled at the last minute. Of course I moved my schedule around for the phone screen and then HR rescheduled literally at the last minute.

When we finally connected, HR was really cold and not interested in anything I said. HR couldn't answer any of my basic questions about the position. Ironically, they told me at the end of the screen that they would contact me for phone interview with hiring manager later that day.

6 business days later, (after I forgot about the position) HR scheduled the interview with the hiring manager. I figured what the heck - sometimes the HR phone screens aren't indictive of the rest of the company.

So much for optimism.

When the hiring manager called, he/she was so in love with him/herself and spent the first 20 minutes bragging. When I was finally able to talk, the individual was not remotely interested in my background and was extremely arrogant and condescending about how inferior my skills were. I tried to stay polite, stuttered and acted like I didn't know anything to try to end the discussion as soon as possible (even-though I came really close to just telling the person what they could go do ;/).

Also, as the individual was telling me that I don't have the required qualifications to do anything on my resume (oh yes...), I tried to rescind my application while still on the phone and found that their site doesn't allow it.

In all honesty, I've interacted with people in all types of positions and management (hiring too) and I can say this was a grossly inappropriate experience. If I didn't value integrity over all else, I would have just told the hiring manager off and hung up.

I am completely okay with not being the right candidate but is it really that hard to act professional and not waste people's time? Really

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Decatur, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very scripted phone interview. Like everyone said before. Generic interview questions. Interviewer was very monotone. Just read all the reviews here for What questions would be asked. What would you change about your school administration?

Interview Questions

• What would you change about your school administration?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2015.

Interview

First off, I didn't remember applying for the job, so when the interview offer came, I took it more as practice. After the initial contact, we were able to schedule an interview for a week later, and after the first phone interview, they said I would hear back within a week and a half. Straight forward.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews and an office tour/breakfast with a current associate. The in person interviews are very fast paced so you have to think quickly on your feet. Make sure you know exactly what the Marketing Associates do and exactly what The Advisory Board does because they will ask in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does the advisory board do? Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and succeeded   Answer Question

Onsite Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went smoothly. I met three different individuals from three different positions. They were very friendly and listened attentively to what I had to say. They all shared their experiences and job responsibilities at the company.

Interview Questions

• What will your manager say about you? How was your best or worst manager?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Phone interview was approx 30 minutes, then contacted me for a in person interview, scheduled it the interview in the office was approx 30 mins then met with higher ups which was 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• asked me why I picked my university, my accomplishments etc.   Answer Question

way too low of a salary.