Advisory Board

2.8

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in January 2014.

The recruiter called me and conducted a 30min interview in which she asked me about my resume, why I choose my uni, a time a took a risk and how it paid off etc, she then gave a speach about what they do and so on. About 2 weeks later I received an email for a seconn in peraon and phone interview.

Entry-Level Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

The interview was short, about 30 minutes, and began with me walking my interviewer through my resume. I described the highlights of my experience and discussed my customer service experience in depth.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you when you were challenged professionally. Describe how you worked through a professional issue or problem. Describe what The Advisory Board Company does in two sentences or less.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

The day starts with a very informal get-to-know-you breakfast between candidates and current employees. There is a tour of the beautiful office space and two ensuing interviews. The first is 2-on-1 and the second is 1-1. Both interviews were very straightforward and showed how interested the company is in assessing if the interviewee is a good fit. Everyone was very welcoming and relaxed, and the overall experience was very positive.

Coordinator/Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and was asked to interview weeks later. When I had my initial phone interview she mentioned me considering a different role. So I interviewed on the phone for both..not really prepared for the second one...

Two weeks later: In person interviews, all 30 minutes but multiple rounds. I met so many people in 3.5 hours and each round comprised of people from the two different departments mentioned on the phone.

Then I was called back a second day to come in and do another round of interviews. Then a week later called on the phone to do one more phone screen.

They said they would let me know by the beginning of the year and I heard nothing. I finally started looking at other places and accepted a job offer elsewhere. And a week later got an email to interview for an even different position.

Disorganized to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose you school? Will you tell me about a time you could not accomplish something?   Answer Question

Entry Level Role Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online. Was sent an email within a week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was not difficult asked a series of behavioral questions. Seemed like they were reading off a script and did not seem genuinely interested in my credentials or interest in the company.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I just got a initial phone interview in which they asked about the resume, projects that I have done till now, what were my contributions towards my team project and why I want to be a part of it. It was easy, the recruiter was very friendly but I didn't like the way follow up after the interview.

Associate, Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and the process didn't take more than two weeks. After that, I was contacted to schedule in order to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview itself lasted for about 10-15 min. However, the interviewer lacked courtesy during the entire interview.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Send in an online job application. Get an email about setting up an phone screen interview. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes. But during the process, it is very obvious that the interviewer is reading off a list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • A list of questions about yourself and some sort related to the job   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Contacted by a recruiter. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. Nothing unexpected; asked me about my research experience, interest in healthcare and 'ideal job environment.' The interview was two weeks ago and I still did not hear back. However, I got an e-mail asking me to fill out self-identification forms. It seemed like an automated e-mail so not sure what's happening.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. I guess 'describe your ideal job environment' would be more on the unexpected side.   Answer Question