Advisory Board

Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in January 2014.

The recruiter called me and conducted a 30min interview in which she asked me about my resume, why I choose my uni, a time a took a risk and how it paid off etc, she then gave a speach about what they do and so on. About 2 weeks later I received an email for a seconn in peraon and phone interview.

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I submitted my application online and was contacted within a week. Following a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes, I was asked to fly to their offices in Washington, D.C. It was easy to coordinate that process and the recruiters at ABC were helpful throughout.

In D.C., I had two interviews, both with personal and case based questions. Because one interviewer was sick that day, two days later, I had a final phone interview of a similar vein, in which there was a case interview question and a few questions about my interest in ABC and general interest in consulting.

Interview Questions
    • The case questions were not extremely hard, they mostly tested your logical processes and sought to see if you asked the important questions. I don't think there were any questions that were particularly hard, but they did cover a range of personal and work experience as well as interest in consulting and healthcare. They are really interested in your writing abilities and the process by which you ask research questions and produce results from that research.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Email notification requesting interview. Initial phone screening then if you pass you will be invited to interview on location including a case interview. The company usually takes about two weeks between steps to respond back and inform you of your status. Process is fairly straight forward and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter will ask questions about your work history so be prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and the response was uber quick (less than a week). We set up a behavioral interview with basic questions of why health care consulting, walking the recruiter through my CV, no real difficult questions. Positive feedback, still waiting to hear back if I get into round 2

Interview Questions
    • I'm predicting round 3 with cases studies will be difficult.   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed up with an in-person. The phone interview is by a recruiter and it's about 20 min long. They ask you to walk through your resume. Ask how you heard about the company. They actually more than necessary amount of time talking about themselves and their role in the company.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't very many difficult questions. How did you hear about the company? What is business writing?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I had received an interview through an employee referral. I heard back within 2 weeks. I had a general online interview through a website with one of the recruiters. We discussed my background and my interests. I thought it went well. I then received an email from another recruiter that I was not receiving an offer. I thought this was strange because I only had a general interview, not for a specific position. I then emailed the recruiter for some feedback on our interview. I received a message that she no longer worked for the company anymore. When I reached out to the person who sent me the email that no offer was being made, they were very dismissive and refused to give me any feedback. They told me it was extremely competitive. Very condescending.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have an issue with traveling 75% of the time?   View Answer

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I was given an interview through an employee referral. Within a week I had my first round interview. It lasted 45 minutes and was filled with at least a dozen questions about my resume, the company, my career goals, time management, weaknesses etc. The interviewer was very receptive and polite. She told me at the end of the interview that I would be invited to a second round in DC. She discussed my availabilities in the next two weeks and told me I should receive a confirmation email in the next two business days and I did. Overall a very positive experience. I go to DC in two weeks for my final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • You're involved in a lot of extracurriculars, work and academics, how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and received an initial phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was pretty straight-forward - my suggestions for anyone else applying: know your background and what you learned or gained from your previous experiences forwards and backwards. I was offered the option to apply for another position as well when I came in for a round of in-person interviews. I had 7 interviews in one day, back to back, across a variety of departments. As with the phone interview, it's vital to be able to speak to what you have done in your past, both in college and professionally. The day is long, so treat it that way - get up early, eat breakfast, drink coffee if that's your thing, and come prepared - notepad, suit, and thank you notes at the ready. I was asked about how my previous positions - which have been a hodgepodge of jobs across a variety of disciplines - applied to the role I was applying for, how I organized myself and project managed, and where I saw myself in the future. Be honest. Be direct. And ask questions. I received very positive feedback for emphasizing that I wanted to grow professionally and for asking if there was any weakness in my background that I might need to work around to be a strong employee. All in all, a great (and very tiring) experience. Lasted about two weeks. I received and accepted my offer the same day that I interviewed in-office.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Started off with a 30 minute phone call. Very straightforward questions all listed on this website. They will ask things like why did you pick your school, what would you change about it, walk me through your resume, etc. Why ABC (a given)? After that the in person interviews consist of 2 general fit and further qualification interviews. There will be more why are you qualified for this job type questions. After that in person round, I had one more 30 minute phone interview the next week (all same questions) and received an offer the same day. I told them about another offer I had and they offered me additional relocation support and a small signing bonus. The office had a very young vibe to it. It has a great location in DC and the associate role offers great potential for upward movement after the first year.

Interview Questions

Salary too low compared to other offer. Job itself seemed like a glorified telemarketer/secretary.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The Engineering department of Advisory Board(Crimson) came to our career fair. Initially they were looking for Computer Science Undergrads or Grads. Though I am from Information Systems background I have a good knowledge of the CS subjects and thus gave them my resume. After few weeks I got a mail from them regarding a scheduled on-campus interview. It was also astonished to me that they have called a lot of people from my department(As people from Information System background hardly get call from Computer Science based companies).
    During the on campus interview the interviewer asked me to write a program. The program was given an array of integers find the two numbers that sum to a particular number. I gave a very efficient nlogn solution for which he praised me. Then he asked be some questions related to physics and a puzzle. At last he asked to sort an array with million numbers which contains only 0's and 1's. For this also I gave a very efficient solution. I wrote the algorithm for 3 way quick sort(Dijkstra's Dutch national flag problem) which is one of the best sorting algorithm to sort array with duplicate numbers. At last the interviewer handed me a designing problem which I have to mail them back within a week. I was really satisfied with my performance and was hoping to get a second round of interview call but to my astonishment I got a rejection mail. I really cannot believe why I got a rejection. Feeling very devastated after getting rejected when my interview was really very good.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was easy. The designing problem was some what abstract but again there is no right or wrong for a designing problem.   View Answer