Affiliated Computer Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Information Management Principal Interview

Information Management Principal
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process is good and you will be provided the offer if your joining date is less than a month. Compensation is good with 0% variables.
1. Technical round,
2. Management Round (Technical again)
3. HR round (there are chances for a client round prior to the HR round, but not always)

Negotiation Details – Better demand for a better compensation, as there is no annual hike or promotions here. But a good place to work with.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Cary, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2013.

Interview Details Originally I applied for the benefit service rep position but Tyler C never got back to me after calling me and leaving no vm. I guess thats how their HR works. I saw an ad on careerbuilder so I decided to apply. Recieve an email from HR going back over the job description and to contact Jessyca. I called her up she schedule an interview that day. Went out to the job fair after waiting for 2 hours they make you take a 20 mins test. The assessment is basically you listening to 8 calls and typing what the caller is saying. Then 3 mins of the test is pretty much testing your typing skills.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. The interviewer just ask if I had a car, if I can work the flexible hours, any problems with overtime or not taking a lunch during their busy peak. How do you deal with an angry customer? They let you know when the next training class start and you will be given you schedule after training. I start on Monday.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation it is pretty much $9.50 during training then they claim it goes to $12.50 after training. I think the $12.50 is only if you meet your metics then your pay will be that including any incentives and bonsues.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Accounting Assistant
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in August 2013.

Interview Details I received a call for the interview. The interview consisted of two people. Everything went well until the salary was disclosed. They knew that I had worked for a higher paying contract so the interview was more of an exercise. The people were all friendly.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question that I have ever had from this company was not for the position mentioned above. The question was, "Why are man hole covers round?".   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2009.

Interview Details It was a clear and concise interview. Immediate feedback, response and offer. Easy onboarding and seriously great work environment.

Interview Question – What type of kitchen appliance would you be?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2009.

Interview Details Lead round, manager round and HR round

Negotiation Details – They claim of having equality of renumeration per position but thats false.

Customer Care Supervisor Interview

Customer Care Supervisor
Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in February 2009.

Interview Details Interview process was very nice and pleasant, interviewed with 1 person the deputy.
She was very professional and ask good questions (behavior interview)

Interview Question – There was none for me, I was comfortable with the questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Tigard, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in November 2012.

Interview Details Had an interview with Jessyca Gurnoe who was very professional. She then sent me to see another person who was a Supervisor to further my interview. The Supervisor took me to the floor and showed me around a little and allowed me to ask questions until she finally interviewed me.

She took me back to Jessyca Gurnoe and recommended me for hire.

Negotiation Details – Just about my hours to work. I stated that I would prefer days as I had children at home and they said that after training, they could do that, and they did.

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2012.

Interview Details I had three interviews in total. The first was a phone screen with HR where they asked general questions about my work experience. The next interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager and the Architecture Lead. For the final interview I went to the office to interview in person with the hiring manager and had a phone conference there with the Architecture Manager in Dallas. The interviews were friendly and that helped me relax during the process.

Interview Question – The Architecture Manager asked me how I would deliver architecture specs to the technical team if they were junior engineers.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Inbound Queue Associate Interview

Inbound Queue Associate
Henderson, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in January 2010.

Interview Details My interview was done by phone. The recruiter asked a series of irrelevant questions about what hours I would like to work, and my personal lifestyle. I can't remember much, because it was almost 4 years ago.

Interview Question – Cannot remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was like this: you will work whatever hours the company needs when you walk in the door, and you will be paid based on work that the system thinks you complete and how long it takes you to assist the caller.

Team Supervisor Interview

Team Supervisor
Tualatin, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in June 2009.

Interview Details I was promoted internally and a notice went to all employees in our business unit that they would interview anyone who was interested. I interviewed with the Operations Manager for our unit and the Site Manager. They were thorough in explaining what they wanted and I had to ask few questions.

Interview Question – I don't remember any particularly difficult questions. I knew I wasn't right for the job so I said so in the interview and they appreciated my honesty. I was later promoted to a new hire class instructor which gave me the experience to transition into a team supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because of my lack of prior management experience and the competition for the position I had no negotiation room and was told what the package was.