Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

3.1

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after submitting an online application I received an email saying that someone from HR would like to conduct a phone interview me for about 15-20 minutes. A date and time was set and I was to email and confirm the appointment. I was asked to have a copy of my resume handy to refer to during the interview and to be in an area free of distractions.

Interview Questions

• After brief introductions, she asked me if I had my resume handy. I did and she proceeded to ask me about each of my previous positions: when I started, when I left and why did I leave the company. She asked me of a time when I went above and beyond expected service and what I enjoyed about my last position. She also asked me why I wanted to work for Alaska Airlines. After the interview was completed she told me that she would like to invite me to the next phase of the interview process which would be an all day event. I accepted and will travel at my own expense to the location selected for the in person interviews. I have not actually been hired yet. This was only the initial phone screening phase of the interview.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Traveled to the interview. There were about 72 people there which were divided into 3 groups for the group interview. We were each asked 2 questions and a group question. I really felt like this was a cattle call instead of an interview. There is no way with the two questions they could determine much of anything about anyone. Everyone should of at least been able to have a chance to give a short synopsis of what value I bring to the company and how they could benefit. Not sure what criteria they are going off of but I really feel like they are not going after quality people that could make a difference. Everyone there showed up, paid for airfares and I really feel we should of been given the opportunity to show who we are and what values we bring with us to Alaska Airlines.

Interview Questions

• Do you think its appropriate to post comments about a passenger on Facebook. Why or why not?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Irvine, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough. Alaska airlines truly seeks the best talent. This isn't an interview and you hope to "wing". I highly recommend researching the company, its contribution to the community, and the expansion from it's small roots. I used this website as my guide which helped me prepare for the exhausting interview process. Thank you to everyone who posted their feedback!

Interview Questions

• Why is it important to take time with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Portland, OR (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Great process, great people! Come prepared! The candidates who talk clearly and present themselves with confidence are the ones who make t thru. Do not forget to smile and mingle with everyone!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Check-in, reach test, orientation, and then we broke into groups by the letter on our name tag. The group consisted of about fifteen people, a recruiter, and a training flight attendant (one to two). Everyone who worked for the airline was friendly and kind. They told everyone to just be themselves, which is the best thing you can do. Also, all the candidates were very warm and friendly. The stuff that you read on this site is very much what you will see.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to alphabetize ourselves as a group and then had to go around and say/spell our full name and then answer this question "What previous job were you most loyal to?" Then we drew a card for an airline type situation/scenario. There were many questions I saw on this site that were asked..."What is teamwork? Tell of a time your employer implemented a policy change you did not agree with. How did you handle it? What do you do if a co worker is not working? What would be the biggest challenge about working on reserve? Why is it important to talk with a frustrated passenger? How do you handle a rude passenger? The last question was a group question and that was..."Tell us something about yourself that is not on your resume? From there we were dismissed to wait for their decision as to if we would go on to the next part of the interview process. We waited about 50 minutes. Most people chatted and got to know each other while waiting. I would say there were about 15 people in each group and of each group they kept approximately 3 people. I was actually very shocked to see the results. I was not chosen to stay. I am not exactly sure what they are looking for but the people that I believe that really stood out in the group interviews answered the question simply but gave a reason and a scenario to relate to. Don't talk too much and go on and on. Ladies wear a skirt and a low heal and even a sport coat. Look professional. I can't tell you how many people looked like they didn't even style their hair or wash it. Be friendly, but don't be fake. The trainers from the airline were very kind. I was more impressed with Alaska Airlines just by the way they treated us. Truly a top notch airline.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

Here are the questions! Just remember short and sweet and never stop smiling and no need to be nervous! Also, be sure to be honest, it worked for me. The STAR method is a good way to practice answering the questions. Have fun!

Situation: who what where when how
    Task: specific challenges, deadlines, costs
    Action: highlight traits without stating them, initiative, intelligence, leadership
    Result: close with a result quantify if possible

time when went above for customer service:

Why do you want to be an alaska airlines attendant?

Why do you want to leave your job?

What have you done to improve your professional image?

Why do you want to leave your job?

How I've handled difficult situations in the past?
    Angry customer:
    .Drunk customer:
    Non English speaking customer:
    Mean coworker:
    Coworker not working:
    Coworker rude to passenger:
    Coworker or passenger breaking safety regulations:
    Customer and no safety belt time for take off:

What do you find most negative about being on reserve?

how long do you plan on working here?

How do you measure personal accomplishments?

Policy change you weren't made aware of or didn't agree with how did you handle it?

Something not on your resume?

About yourself?

Weakness?

Strength?

How do you deal with stress?

one word that describes what you live for?

. Most challenging part of being a fa?

Give an example of a time you gave a first impression, did they think something that is not true to character?

What do you like least about your job?

What would you do if someone in Coach was demanding an alcoholic beverage before you got to him with the drink cart?

What is a mis conception your friends have of you?

When was the last time you received constructive criticism and why? Who where and when?

Another flight attendant misquotes how many drinks a passenger can have, how do you resolve this without causing tension between you the other fa and the customer?

. If a passenger was holding a carryon and did not want to place it underneath the seat what would you do? Now what would you do if they told you it was their loved one's remains inside the urn?

Why do you think professionalism is important?

Define professionalism

How my life has shaped me professionally?

What qualities should an AA FA have?

What do you think would be the most challenging part of being a FA?

How have you resolved a conflict with a customer in the past?

What is your impression of a flight attendant reading a magazine on a red eye and the passengers are sleeping?

Explain the most stressful situation you were and how did you handle it?

Tell me about your customer service?

How has your personal life shaped your professional life?

Are you able to relocate? What's difficult about relocating?

What could AA provide in their orientation that you knew but wasn't talked about?

Interview Questions

• Are you able to relocate? What's difficult about relocating?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

The day started early and promptly at 0800. Candidates were turned away in 0801. Forty one people made it by 0800.

The day started with a one hour presentation about Alaska Airlines explaining their culture, the Flight Attendant career, the life on reserve, and how training works. Then we split up into groups of approximately 10 and had a group interview.

During the group interview each person introduced themselves. They had us arrange in alphabetical order by last name. The recruiter handed out a card with one question on it and one by one we answered the question. After everyone was finished they went around and we had to say an interesting fact about ourselves that was not listed on our resume. Afterwards we were finished with the first session. We went on a break and back into the main room.

After a little wait and everyone was back in the main room, HR came in and called 16 names. Those 16 were selected to move forward to the next step and everyone else was free to go.

They gave us an interview time and released us to lunch.

This interview was one-on-one and began with a Flight Attendant going over the basic qualifications of the job, the minimum requirements, pay, uniforms, and training. Then we had your typical HR interview with the situational based questions and they went over your application and work history.

After the one on one interview we were told fairly quickly if we were going to advance to the final panel interview. Then there was about a three hour wait as others were finishing their one on ones.

After everyone was finished with the one on one they had narrowed it down to 10 folks. We were split into two groups. The panel interview was one big group exercise. They want to see how you work together. The questions were situation based - what would you do or how would you handle - type questions.

After our group was finished, we went into another room and waited. HR came in and said the were going to take us out individually and tell us the results. One candidate was called out and was not selected. HR came back into the room and offered the remaining four of us that we were successful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when a previous employer implemented a policy change you either didn't agree with or weren't made aware of How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I agree with most of the reviews on the interview process. I would like to share a few things I noticed duuring the process. I unfortunatly did not move forward to the second half of the process. I was suprised at some of the candidates that were chosen, they were not the most professionally dressed. Most women had pants and wore trendy jewelry. Some had more makeup and trendy hairstyles. So dont let the "professional" appearance fool you. I think there are power words that you need to hit to get a certain score in order to move forward. I will try again and would still love to be hired.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Be on point! Smile like there is no tomorrow. Take notes. Pay attention. The company looks great and a lot of people have to apply more than once to get in. So don't give up. There were 75 people in my session. They cut it down to 23. I made the cut. Went to the HR meeting & I think I was so nervous I freaked out & started rambling. KEEP IT SHORT & SWEET. Also be sure to mention volunteer work you've done.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I didn't make it past the first exclusion round, but it was all a great experience. We were first informed on more facts about Alaska and what the job entailed and given a chance to meet each other and learn about each other's backgrounds and interests. Then, after being separated into groups, we were asked a series of only 3 questions. One of these questions was answered with a partner (or 2 in some cases). And that's it! Three questions and back to the full group for elimination. We are given another opportunity to talk with other applicants as we wait for the results. I stayed at the hotel for a while longer, it was really fun and interesting to meet others from totally different walks of life with similar interests. Just the fact that all of us are here brings a unity in interests....really cool!