Allstate

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

2.7

Applications Developer Interview

The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

I applied at the career fair that was held at my university. I was then contacted for a on campus interview. First interview was technical and went over your resume. I was then contacted weeks later for a onsite interview. I got interviewed by two people the first one was technical and the second one was behavior. If you you want to do well on the interviews make sure you know databases, object oriented programming, and your data structures.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

The process took about 2 months. There were 3 rounds: the first was with HR, second was a very technical interview aimed to assess your problem solving skills, and the third was at the home office with 3 different interviewers (a mix of managers and analysts). There was math test during one of the one-on-one interviews, and a business case you had to reason through. It was a very rigorous interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what I would recommend to the CEO of an insurance company given some information about a few products.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Allstate in December 2014.

Applied online. Had someone in HR email me to set up a phone intern (very pleasant HR lady, I could tell and knew she was rooting for me, but the end result wasn't up to her it was up to the hiring manager) Quick interview because she knew I was qualified, took assessment test and passed it, submitted a second part of the application with my social security #, 2 weeks later I get a generic email informing me the position had either been filled or the position was removed. I assume it was either filled by an insider of someone who knew someone, and I didn't stand a chance anyway, or they just made me waste my time.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate.

I applied online through a craigslist posting and was contacted about a week later for a short phone interview then upon further evaluation of my online application an in person interview was scheduled. Interview lasted about an hour or so. Basic and straight forward questions; mostly regarding your past work experience and why you're interested in the job. If you do well on the interview they have you come back in at a later date to try cold calls on the phone, which is an absolute joke if you have 0 experience in insurance sales. the whole point of the process is for them to hear what you sound like on the phone even though they propose it as an opportunity to get leads prior to you getting your insurance license. They barely payed attention to me on the phone so I don't know how efficient this process is in selecting candidates to go on to take the insurance licensing test.

Interview Questions

Pathetic base salary offer of 8$/hour. The ad promised 34k a year if your good, 50k if your great and 60k if you're a "superstar". They do promise regulated increases every 6 months pending performance review but regardless you can make more working retail and there are other insurance companies that will start you off more than double then that on top of commission, benefits and paying for your insurance license(Geico) These guys are crooks.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

interviewed at Allstate in December 2014.

Applied online. Got a phone interview within a week. Phone interview was short (pre-recorded questions with no feedback). Passed phone interview. Within hours, was sent the link for a personality test. Took the 40 question test. Didn't pass the test (but I answered everything honestly so maybe the job wasn't going to be the best fit).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

one phone interview and then a face to face with the insurance manager where he reviewed my credentials and told me what my duties and responsibilities will be if hired by the company

Interview Questions
    • describe the worst customer service you have ever given   Answer Question

No Fault Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

I first applied online from a posting on Indeed. I literally got a call the next day from the recruiter who I had to tell about a time I dealt with a difficult customer. It was REALLY short. Later that day I completed the assessment and got the email that I passed. The following day I got an email setting up the in person interview. I went to the interview and sat with 2 people one wrote and one asked the questions and the other wrote the information down. The questions were basic behavioral questions. It was really laid back. I think met with the Head Manager I guess she asked me a couple of questions. Then I sat with a worker. It was a really good and laid back experience.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly probably just thinking of the answer to questions on the spot. When they asked the question they listed specific things they were looking for.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They gave me extra money because of my experience.

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

same questions you are asked almost everywhere. why do you think we should hire you. what have you done in the past to convince someone. i spoke to 3 different people before i was hired

Interview Questions
    i didnt have to negotiate

Anonymous Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Allstate.

Posted internally- was called same day to discuss that they would not offer relocation. I was fine with that. Was scheduled an interview with the hiring manager the following week. I was provided a timeframe for a response. Was called later during the timeframe to confirm I could move. No decision was made, was called the following week and asked if I was certain I could relocate at my own expense and no decision was made. Another week went by and they said they needed more time. At this point I gave up. Wound up getting a blanket rejection email. I have never experienced anything like this and to say I am disappointed with the process is an understatement.

The interviews at this company are easy.

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate.

Applied online. Received an email from HR to take an assessment test, and if I pass, I will move on to a phone interview. Passed the assessment test. Had a phone interview and I was able to have a second interview, at the place where I applied at. Two people interviewed me, one was asking the question, while the other wrote down my response.