Allstate

Updated 31 Jul 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Allstate.

I was recruited for the LDP position through a career resources fair on-campus. After the initial first-round interview, I was invited to HQ in Northbrook for a day of final round interviews. The initial interview was pretty straight forward, mostly behavioral questions about my leadership experiences in college. The thing with Allstate is that they really base their hiring decisions for this program on personality and culture fit. I thought the first interview was harder than the final round. The final round day consisted of two interviews, a group Q&A session with current LDP's, a tour of the facility and lunch with current LDP's. It was a pretty laid-back experience. They said I would hear back from them by the following Wednesday (it was a Friday), but I never heard back. I emailed the recruiter several times before she finally let me know that they had chosen someone else for the position (2 weeks later).

Interview Questions
  • If we were to put you in a rotation that you had no background or experience in, how would handle that placement?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Allstate in May 2014.

I got an email the day after submitting my application online with an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview took place about a week later. It consisted mostly of me talking about my leadership and work experiences during college. The interviewer praised my leadership abilities and experiences, only for me to receive an email the day after saying I was no longer being considered for the program.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mainly about leadership experiences during college   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Allstate.

The initial Hiring process was by far the hardest part of the entire situation. From the start at the career fair, you have to really stand out and make a great impression. If your credentials (coming right out of college) aren't great, chances are you probably won't get picked. With that being said, I found that if the HR recruiter likes you, the work you've done, and you show obvious signs of leadership at the career fair, you've gotten through the hardest part in the process. I interviewed with HR twice, got a call back a couple of weeks later (grueling, but be patient) and went to HQ to interview with 2 senior managers. The trick is (everyone says this) be yourself. If you aren't comfortable with this, it will show, and your interview is probably going to be terrible. You were picked because of your character and abilities, don't change just to sound right at an interview.

Interview Questions
    I'm not sure I negotiated. To reiterate, I was coming out of college, and was offered a fairly decent salary that was difficult to turn away from. I wouldn't recommend it.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Allstate in October 2013.

Process began with an on-campus interview shortly after career fair. It was essentially a 45 minute 3 on 1 grilling of behavioral questions. Since it is their Leadership Development Program, they want to see examples of how you were a leader. You should have a bunch of examples at your disposal about how you've been a leader and really made an impact. Though the program mandates you have a 3.5, they'll gladly take somebody with a 3.5 or 3.6 and those really good leadership traits over someone with a 3.7 or 3.8. Second round was at the office in Northbrook where they were more trying to sell Allstate to you, only had 2 20 minute interviews

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, entry level position

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Allstate.

Allstate recruits heavily at some colleges for their leadership development program. First step is a short interview using BDA style. You should have several examples of real-world experience that you can apply to a number of different questions fresh in your head before heading into the interview. They are looking for people with lots of recent work/internship experience, so don't bother applying if you have neither.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a group you were a part of was not functioning properly - how did you respond?   Answer Question

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!