Amazon.com

4,696 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Fulfillment Associate

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Short 30 min call with HR from Seattle. In person interview starting with a work problem at a location near the fulfillment center. Role play based on the work problem and other general questions that seemed to be trying to figure out how intelligent and experienced you are. It's sort of a registration for school type of experience as there are many Amazon team members and other job candidates there at the same time.

Interview Question – In my experience I did not feel like any questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation - the offer was the offer. Either you want the job or 15 other people behind you are willing to take the job.

Very Difficult Interview

Brand Specialist Interview

Brand Specialist
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details Met recruiter at college career fair.

The first round was a phone interview, one-on-one. Questions included: "You have 2 minutes to give me two strengths and two weaknesses. Go." He also gave me a mini-case. It was not especially difficult, and he gave me some help when I got stuck. I think it was partially a stress test because he was very pushy and always wanted us to move faster, and he ended the interview very abruptly. I nearly had to yell at the end to get his information before he ended the call.

Amazon then flew me to Seattle for an all-day interview session. Most of the interviewing consisted of group case presentations (2), but there was also an individual written test. I was not a business major, and it was very difficult. It was the organic chemistry of the day - the weed-out course.

I got an email within 3 days that told me I had not gotten the job.

Interview Question – written test   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Brand Specialist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Starts with a phone interview, followed by in-person interview at headquarters. Lots of questions with short time to respond. Keep your responses concise and on-point. With adequate preparation, it shouldn't be too difficult. Didn't get past the phone interview...seemed as though the recruiter was uninterested and ready to do something else.

Interview Question – Case Study question - answer using STAR method.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed for the research scientist position for the prime air team not exactly sure which role though. Interview process took around 1 month with 2 phone interviews. Had my first phone interview with a research scientist, asked me some basic questions about quadrotors and PID controllers, and one logic/programming question (how to generate a rand4 from rand2 function which is straight forward and then another question about how to generate rand3 from rand2 which is much more complicated and I struggled to find an answer but I ended up figuring out that it has no perfect solution). I would rate the interview as being great with the pressure decreasing with time. We discussed quadrotors and their aerodynamic principles and the interviewer was super nice and very humble as he said couple times I am not an expert in this particular field so he admitted to the things that he know and the things that he does not know.

After 3 days the HR arranged for another phone interview, this time the interviewer had a very thick accent and hard to understand, did not introduce his role just his name, and called me 15 minutes late. Again was asked about my resume and details of what I did and do. No aerodynamic questions this time just simple plain PID controller questions. I felt that the interviewer does not have deep understanding of control systems and he kept asking me the same questions over and over again. For example, he asked me what does the I term do in a PID controller like 3 different times. Overall the second interviewer wasn't as friendly as the first one and kinda arrogant.

Interview Question – None, questions were straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Phone interview with hiring manager and colleagues. In-person interview with management and staff. The interview did not seem difficult or challenging. Seems like a good company for beginning graduates but not so much for families.

Interview Question – All questions were normal expected interview questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No work/life balance. I was told the typical week would consist of 50-60 hours a week. At least i could put some of those hours in after the my kids sleep. I guess I have different opinion on work/life balance.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details Onsite interview for amazon silk QAE position, 4 technical which includes testing and coding exercise. 5th round HR. More behavioral questions on how would you deal with a situation. Questions on sum up all elements in a matrix and how to find a pair which sums up to a given element in an array. They are expecting optimized solution here.

Interview Question – What will you do when you miss a dead line for a release.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager
Nashua, NH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position of Area Manager after seeing a posting for it on Indeed.com. A former military colleague works at Amazon so I also sent him an email asking for his endorsement on my application. A few days later I was sent an email from Amazon's HR department asking me to provide several different dates/times I'd be available to interview over the phone. Soon after responding, I received an email with an agreed upon date and time. Unfortunately, I never received a phone call.

After telling the HR representative I wasn't called, it was re-scheduled. An Operations Manager from Delaware phoned me on the rescheduled date but was 10 minutes late in calling me. He asked four general questions about leadership, process improvement, and then one math problem (previously posted in forum). I then had time to ask several questions regarding the position.

A few weeks later I received another email from the same HR representative saying that they wanted to continue interviewing me. However, Amazon failed to call me two more times on agreed upon dates/times. After their third failure to call, I decided I was no longer interested in pursuing a career with Amazon.

Soon after I notified the HR representative that I no longer wished to seek employment with Amazon, she called me and tried to reschedule the interview in the following 10 minutes. I wasn't impressed with Amazon's hiring process or professionalism so I declined on the offer.

Interview Question – How do you motivate people?
Explain a time you dealt with a difficult employee.
Explain a time that you increased productivity.
  Answer Question

Project Safety Designer Interview

Project Safety Designer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details The initial phone screening call was fine, and HR did a good job setting up second interview phone calls. However I wasn't very impressed with the manager who was interviewing me at the second call. Maybe it was a 4pm on Friday afternoon, she doesn't sound like she is interested in her job nor at me.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were a robotic subject matter expert in a design meeting?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details After not hearing back from the company for a couple of weeks, I finally received an email telling me that I will be having a phone interview the next day. They allowed me to choose between three time slots. All together, it was a 2 hr technical interview with two different interviewers. They used an online coding website so they interview can view your work

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected, just know your stuff. As you are writing your programming, make sure to explain why you are doing what ever you are doing. If you are going off track, they will help.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details first phone interview with co-edit tool. then on-site, 5 people give question one by one, most not from common problem pool but not very hard to implement if your mind is clear.

Interview Question – can't say the detail, but one DFS question about matrix adjacent numbers max. different interviewer tends to have question that they designed.   Answer Question