Amazon.com Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
4,801 interviews

3.3

Fufilment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Applied online for a new warehouse that was opening up. A month later I received a email telling me to schedule a date to come to a hiring event. Let me say this, it was the most funniest and pleasant experience I've ever had trying to get a job. The staff at the event were fun and full of excitement. You get there there is music playing and you give them proof of education. You take your id picture and take a drug test and background test. If you get invited your pretty much hired. Now I'm just waiting for my results and my orientation date. For a teen living at home like me the pay and hours are just awesome.

Interview Questions
    None. You take what they give you which is already awesome for a person of my age.

Software Development Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I heard of the job through a recruiter, who at the time did not give me a good description of what the role was. The recruiters I worked with were more than nice, and accommodated my schedule. They even provided general background topics to brush up on.

The topics they provided were more along the lines of a software engineer rather than that of a DevOps candidate (implementation of hash tables, breadth-first search and common algorithms in Java, c++, etc...).

The interview process was not painful at all. The hiring manager I spoke with was a really nice guy and comfortable with causal conversation and idle chit-chat. He proposed a problem, explained it, and clarified any questions I had as I worked though the issue. After being done informed me how he'd approach the scenario given his chosen tool sets.

Interview Questions
    • Parse the first column of a CSV using bash.   View Answer

Brand Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

After aggressively contacting me via LinkedIn; I was asked to submit a video interview via HireVue about 3 weeks after my initial email exchange with my recruiter. However, never received an phone screen call with a recruiter to discuss my background, resume & career goals and never had an opportunity to better understand the position I was applying for with the recruitment team. I passed the video interview and had my phone interview with the hiring manager for the job, and was invited for the in-person interviews.

The in person interviews were a combination of CAR (challenge, action, resolution) questions and what-if scenarios. There wasn't a lot of confusion with the questions, but each interviewer wanted more detail and I felt I gave a very strong amount. A few of my interviews were double-interviews so that HR could train more people on interviewing. I felt like this wasn't a very respectful thing to do to an interviewee since many of the interviewers struggled to ask detailed questions, collect their thoughts or engage in followup questions. After 2 interviews I had lunch with a manager on the team (They told me it was going to be a peer-to-peer lunch, but it wasn't), and this was a very awkward encounter as the manager was not friendly or engaging with me. (I was pulling teeth to strike up a conversation about the business, culture, and getting nowhere fast).

The interviews were starting to run late and I kept being rushed from one to another. Overall I had three interviews that had two people in them each and I did not think this was a professional way to handle the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of promotional "what-if" questions and then throw in wrenches to your initial response. There's also an Excel-based "pricing" assessment which can be time-consuming and I was unsure of the point of the exercise.

Also everyone has a different understanding of "work/life balance" but essentially you can forget about life if you accept a position.
        View Answer

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

1 Telephonic round, 5 F2F discussions.
    1st F2F was with hiring manager :- From a 2D array of 1s and 0s find the sets of 1s, Project discussion, Design questions and Behavioral questions
    2nd F2F to 4th F2F was technical
    5th F2F was Design round from another team

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult just that need to think about design problems thoroughly   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

One phone interview and one in-person interview up in Seattle. Took about a month to get me up there after the phone interview. Everything paid for of course. The recruiters were very nice and worked with my schedule. Met with five different people, both engineers and technical program managers. Each interview was about an hour, very intense but they were all really cool. Both technical questions and soft skill questions based off your resume. Take it off your resume if you can't back it up with detailed examples! Overall a great experience

Interview Questions
    • Typical soft skills questions: "tell me about a time..."   Answer Question

Content Manager, Fire TV Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

I applied for the position and in a week I got an email to schedule a phone interview with who I think it was the manager or director of the appstore team. It was my first experience with Amazon job interview. I heard a lot of about how hard the interviews there are and everything I heard was right. The interviewer sounded very strict and rigid. He told me just when we started how to respond to the questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you face a crisi/problem and why did you do it that way?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

The interviewer first ask you to introduce yourself, then dive into tech questions. The first interviewer asked about writing algorithms for testing whether a tree is Binary Search Tree or not. Then the second interviewer asked about how to calculate exponential.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Received an email instructing me to schedule an interview. I actually missed the first email but received a second one. During the interview the lady mostly told me about Amazon and said the positions they were hiring for were seasonal but they may ask some to stay on permament. They were starting at $10.75 regardlss of your experience.

Interview Questions
    I have not negotiated anything. I was sent a congrats letter and told that I would recieve more information when my drug test and background check was back.

Collator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

3 interviews two of them are the same as the t1 positions done by the average t1 person. The 3rd is done by a Sr management team member of an opposite function than this position reports to.
    Nothing major here, a few situation questions some mathematical questions. its mainly to see how you can handle situations nothing more.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, all salaries are corporate set for each location.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2010.

Had to go thru a temp-service initially. Had to basically understand and write english. The interview was basic questions about yourself then why you would like to work for Amazon. They would ask where you would like to work like packing, picking, ect. Then discuss the shift of your choice. Once at the company as long as performance and attendance were met you could get converted as a full-time Amazon employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to walk 10 - 15 miles a day?   View Answer
    work schedule and area of work preference