Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Account Manager Specialist Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Initially had submitted my resume/application for a position that I found online. Received email follow-up for an initial phone interview. After the first phone interview, was given a weekend to create a case study and email it in. Three separate phone interviews after the case study was reviewed. Was then flown out to Seattle for in-person interviews. Had 5 in-person interviews in a row over the course of 4 hours. Was followed up with at the end of the next week (10 days) after the in-person interviews. Amazon does not provide feedback on how you did in the interviews and I was just informed that they would not be extending an offer.

Interview Question – There was an NDA regarding the specifics of the questions asked.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I am doing the first round interview. It has 3 parts, coding , reasoning assessment and working style assessment.
After the first round applicants will be asked to fly to Seattle for the next found.
I got the chance through campus career fairs.
Amazon's questions can be prepared by looking the cracking coding interviews.

Interview Question – Didn't expect there will be reasoning and working style assessment.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I've applied for a position in Amazon Fulfillment. They contacted me in a week and we arranged a phone interview. They did three technical interviews in total. The engineers who did the interviews were very kind and professional. However, after the last interview, which went fine in my opinion, I just lost contact. No feedback, no "You did good", not even "Thank you, we are not interested in you right now". After a month, I sent an e-mail requesting a feedback. They said that they will contact me in a couple of days, but they didn't.

Overall, it was a waste of time.

Interview Question – Implement an online board game from scratch. Starts with classic coding questions and ends with the overall system design.   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Breinigsville, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview Details Behavior based questioning

Interview Question – Describing a time where you needed to make a decision based on prioritizing.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview consisted of 2 phone screens followed by a day onsite in Seattle. All people were smart and nice to speak to. They let me complete my thoughts (on cases) slightly nudging where needed. I enjoyed knowing more the work there.
Most of the interviews were either case questions with multiple layers or 'tell me about' questions. As long as you know the leadership principles and prepare you answers to reflect to those you should be good

Interview Question – how and when do we know we achieved least possible shipping costs?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details I ask my friend to refer me. The recruiter contact me like 2 weeks later. They send me a link which is an online assessment. As you know, there are 3 problems and they are very easy to solve. I actually run my code using leetcode and pass all of the cases. However, I failed. My friend told me it's possibly because I don't write a good explanation beside my code.

Interview Question – Not hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details phone interview, including few questions about your work history, the rest are mostly technical questions. The first phone interview questions are kind easy. Second round questions are Data Structure, Algorithm related. Questions are not difficult, normally ask you how to optimize the algorithm. People are nice.

Interview Question – Find an alternative way to optimize the algorithm.   Answer Question

SDE2 Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted on phone by HR. I had uploaded my resume around 5-6 month back. I went there next week. has four in person interviews. The process went very smoothly. I had to go again next week for the last round.

Interview Question – Given a string. Suppose all its characters can be jumbled up and all possible strings are arranged in an alphabetical order. Now given a number n, find the nth word in the ordered list of words.   Answer Question

Retail Undergraduate Program Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Phone interview -easy, day of case studies, email rejection. Can you say cheap consulting?

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I managed to get an on-campus interview by emailing the university recruiting coordinator. Signed up for a time, interviewed with two people on the on-campus interview rooms.

Interview Question – None were rather difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com