Amazon.com

Updated 14 Dec 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Recruiter contacted via email for a phone screen. After the initial phone screen I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews with other departmental EA's.
    Last step was an in person loop at the Amazon offices to meet with 6 team member. I met 1 recruiter, 4 EA's and 2 Directors. It was a 5 hour loop.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer situational questions. Be specific about experiences with other positions and be thoughtful about your answers. Try to think of best and worst case experiences and how you dealt with those in your past and what you learned from each. Don't try to be a perfect specimen. Be human, be honest and be accountable for your experiences.   View Answer
    Still in the offer phase. Great experience so far. Getting to the in person interview took some patience, but it has moved very quickly to the offer stage.

Area Manager Interview

Amazon utilizes a mult-tiered interview process. Starting first with one to two phone interviews and then an on-site interview with various team members. Be prepared to discuss your resume in depth and a good working knowledge of the company and culture.

Interview Questions
    • HR questions where somewhat routine but I did not expect the in-depth Lean Six Sigma questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

This must have been the most inefficient interview with some of the most incompetent management I have ever encountered.
    I went for a 7 interview marathon with the company and each interviewer told me a different story about the job.
    The apparent hiring manager got degraded to a simple 'sit-in' position and told me in the face-to-face interview that he was no longer in charge of the hiring process.
    The actual manager was far from being competent. She asked me the silliest questions; obviously not having read my CV while being preoccupied answering her emails during the interview.
    When I finally had it, I asked her a few questions about her background and she failed on every level.
    I turned down their offer as it is certainly not a company I would ever want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just stupidly repetitive. Have never experienced anything as inefficient as that.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied on indeed.com got email from a recruiter that asked a few questions why do you want to change jobs etc. next I received a email stating they wanted to have phone interview. Once I had the phone interview got an email from the recruiter saying they were interested in the face to face interview. I accepted went to the interview and was asks behavioral questions which I don't think is a very fair way of interviewing but that's they're method. Once the interview was done I was escorted out by hr manager. She said they would call because they were looking to fill immediately. Later that day I logged into my amazon profile and found out that I was not selected for the position although I had more than the experience for it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you strongly disagreed with your manager on something that was really important to the company. What was it about and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

it consisted of four rounds. first was HR round where we were asked to talk about ourselves. then we had an online assessment which was logical and had to basically stick to the rules set and not think in a regular manner. then it was a voice and accent test. final round was with the operations manger who was quite cool and also went well.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online and through my university's career portal. I heard back in a week . I had 2 phone interviews and after that I was flown to Seattle to attend a 6 hour hackathon like on-site interview. It was really cool. I got to work at a test code of the team I was being interviewed for.

Got a better job!

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

There are two 45 minutes interviews with two interviewers. Both of the interviews are technical with current Amazon software engineers. I would say that 80% of the time in the interview is writing algorithm codes on a whiteboard. All questions are algorithm questions and surprisingly no data structure questions or OO questions. The difficulty is average but you should be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • How to recursively change the color of the pixels around a certain pixel?   Answer Question

University Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

3 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews. Last in person interview had 6 rounds with behavioral questions. Some of the interviewers did not seem like they had any sort of idea regarding my background. I think those who were unaware were employees who I would not actually be working with directly - sort of a company fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used metrics to show results for recruiting. My last job did not use measurements as I worked in a creative space before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

An online test was conducted. there were around 20 mcqs based on c and c++. 2 coding questions were also there. then very few students were selected for the interview round. questions based on data structures were asked. the entire procedure took two days and you have a better chance of placement if your relative or friend is working there.

Interview Questions
    • all the inputs for the coding question were given in the form of string.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

You have to absolutely make sure that you prepare thoroughly before you do the online assessment, you study up on your fundamentals. All questions are data structure algorithm type questions. I would get one of those prep books for technical interviews. Make sure you are at a secluded place when you take the test. Those are my abominable mistakes. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • I respect the NDA that I signed. Fundamental coding questions is all I can say.   Answer Question