Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied online, and received a phone interview request after 2 weeks. The interview manager was quite nice but the interview was kind of difficult. They wanted to know every detail about you resume so be prepared to talk about your resume a lot. Anticipate some behavioral question as well.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

it consisted of four rounds. first was HR round where we were asked to talk about ourselves. then we had an online assessment which was logical and had to basically stick to the rules set and not think in a regular manner. then it was a voice and accent test. final round was with the operations manger who was quite cool and also went well.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I got an interview through an employee referal. They reached out after about a month after my application. The two interviews were scheduled for the next few days so there was not a lot of time to prepare between being asked to interview and the interview itself. The interview consisted of two back to back technical 45 minute interviews over the phone. The interviewers were nice and helpful and understanding of my newbie status into computer science.

Interview Questions
    • -Few language specific questions on Java -- what are private/public/package, who can access variable and methods given one of these?
      -What is a hashtable, how would you implement one?
      -Binary trees/AVL trees, what can you tell me about them.
      -Given two texts, x and y, where x < y, check if all the characters of x are in y.
      -Given a string, find the longest repeating substring.
        Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

One of my friends refers me. Then, I appeared two screening interviews. These interviews have algorithm, data structure, and design questions. After that, I appeared an onsite interview at Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Among all the interviews, four of them have behavioral questions, like how to manage conflicts. Emphasis on these questions was unexpected.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview process was fairly straightforward. Asked several leadership questions, looking for a candidate who's experienced in a leadership role and encountered any kind of dilemmas and how they handled it. Then a fairly simple math flow problems relating to operations.

Interview Questions
    • Be as detailed as possible where you displayed leadership at work   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

You have to absolutely make sure that you prepare thoroughly before you do the online assessment, you study up on your fundamentals. All questions are data structure algorithm type questions. I would get one of those prep books for technical interviews. Make sure you are at a secluded place when you take the test. Those are my abominable mistakes. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • I respect the NDA that I signed. Fundamental coding questions is all I can say.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

This must have been the most inefficient interview with some of the most incompetent management I have ever encountered.
    I went for a 7 interview marathon with the company and each interviewer told me a different story about the job.
    The apparent hiring manager got degraded to a simple 'sit-in' position and told me in the face-to-face interview that he was no longer in charge of the hiring process.
    The actual manager was far from being competent. She asked me the silliest questions; obviously not having read my CV while being preoccupied answering her emails during the interview.
    When I finally had it, I asked her a few questions about her background and she failed on every level.
    I turned down their offer as it is certainly not a company I would ever want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just stupidly repetitive. Have never experienced anything as inefficient as that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

An online test was conducted. there were around 20 mcqs based on c and c++. 2 coding questions were also there. then very few students were selected for the interview round. questions based on data structures were asked. the entire procedure took two days and you have a better chance of placement if your relative or friend is working there.

Interview Questions
    • all the inputs for the coding question were given in the form of string.   Answer Question

University Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

3 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews. Last in person interview had 6 rounds with behavioral questions. Some of the interviewers did not seem like they had any sort of idea regarding my background. I think those who were unaware were employees who I would not actually be working with directly - sort of a company fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used metrics to show results for recruiting. My last job did not use measurements as I worked in a creative space before.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

There were two hour long phone screens, followed by eight in person interviews at the offices in Seattle. The questions were all over the board, but most were behavioral questions asking for examples of how you have responded in certain situations before, and drilling in to your examples as far as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the exact wording, but they want to know how you have used data to make decisions in the past. Once you give them an example, be prepared to go very far in depth with it. They will ask details that might even seem irrelevant, and the questioning process on that one example can last upto twenty minutes.   Answer Question