Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Software Development Engineer Interview

One of my friends refers me. Then, I appeared two screening interviews. These interviews have algorithm, data structure, and design questions. After that, I appeared an onsite interview at Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Among all the interviews, four of them have behavioral questions, like how to manage conflicts. Emphasis on these questions was unexpected.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview process was fairly straightforward. Asked several leadership questions, looking for a candidate who's experienced in a leadership role and encountered any kind of dilemmas and how they handled it. Then a fairly simple math flow problems relating to operations.

Interview Questions
    • Be as detailed as possible where you displayed leadership at work   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Product Management Interview

This must have been the most inefficient interview with some of the most incompetent management I have ever encountered.
    I went for a 7 interview marathon with the company and each interviewer told me a different story about the job.
    The apparent hiring manager got degraded to a simple 'sit-in' position and told me in the face-to-face interview that he was no longer in charge of the hiring process.
    The actual manager was far from being competent. She asked me the silliest questions; obviously not having read my CV while being preoccupied answering her emails during the interview.
    When I finally had it, I asked her a few questions about her background and she failed on every level.
    I turned down their offer as it is certainly not a company I would ever want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just stupidly repetitive. Have never experienced anything as inefficient as that.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

You have to absolutely make sure that you prepare thoroughly before you do the online assessment, you study up on your fundamentals. All questions are data structure algorithm type questions. I would get one of those prep books for technical interviews. Make sure you are at a secluded place when you take the test. Those are my abominable mistakes. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • I respect the NDA that I signed. Fundamental coding questions is all I can say.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

An online test was conducted. there were around 20 mcqs based on c and c++. 2 coding questions were also there. then very few students were selected for the interview round. questions based on data structures were asked. the entire procedure took two days and you have a better chance of placement if your relative or friend is working there.

Interview Questions
    • all the inputs for the coding question were given in the form of string.   Answer Question

University Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

3 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews. Last in person interview had 6 rounds with behavioral questions. Some of the interviewers did not seem like they had any sort of idea regarding my background. I think those who were unaware were employees who I would not actually be working with directly - sort of a company fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used metrics to show results for recruiting. My last job did not use measurements as I worked in a creative space before.   Answer Question

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I heard that the review process was regimented and it's exactly as advertised. After applying, a recruiter sets up a phone interview with you that (at least for me) lasted 45 minutes. The recruiter clarified more detail about the role and briefly mentioned the importance of the leadership principles. The recruiter then mentioned that I'd likely be hearing from a coordinator to set up a further phone interview with the hiring manager. 6 days later, I heard back from a coordinator with no contact in the meantime. It was tempting to reach out, but I think they maintain very little communication with you throughout the process by design. Phone call with hiring manager is very STAR-oriented with a lot of chances for you to give examples of how your experience ties in with leadership principles. A lot of questions on how I use analytics/metrics to inform decisions in my current role.

There were a few curveballs, of course, such as when the manager asked about one thing I'd suggest to make the site better. When I gave a response, the follow-up was: "And how is your suggestion better for the customer?" There was a lot of back and forth on this topic throughout the interview. Not much chance for small talk or personal details, but the interview did run for more than an hour and twenty, which I figure is a good sign. The manager mentioned that I was going to be recommended for a further phone interview with another executive and that a coordinator would be reaching out soon to arrange the details. That was now a week and a half ago with no contact in the meantime. From what I understand on this site, this isn't out of the ordinary. Fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me specifically one thing you would do to improve the site.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

it consisted of four rounds. first was HR round where we were asked to talk about ourselves. then we had an online assessment which was logical and had to basically stick to the rules set and not think in a regular manner. then it was a voice and accent test. final round was with the operations manger who was quite cool and also went well.

Area Manager Interview

Amazon utilizes a mult-tiered interview process. Starting first with one to two phone interviews and then an on-site interview with various team members. Be prepared to discuss your resume in depth and a good working knowledge of the company and culture.

Interview Questions
    • HR questions where somewhat routine but I did not expect the in-depth Lean Six Sigma questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Contacted by HR through email for on-site interview. 2-hour on-site interview with 4 hiring managers. Most of the questions are scenario questions. You will need to finish a case before 1 on 1 meetings. Overall, the interview is not hard if you are prepared.