Amazon.com

4,140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I managed to get an on-campus interview by emailing the university recruiting coordinator. Signed up for a time, interviewed with two people on the on-campus interview rooms.

Interview Question – None were rather difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details online assessment and onsite

Interview Question – system design and some detailed concepts   Answer Question

Retail Undergraduate Program Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Phone interview -easy, day of case studies, email rejection. Can you say cheap consulting?

Digital Specialist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job of Customer Service Rep at a job fair. After getting invited to interview, the interview was quick. Whether I was tech savvy or not, can I deal with customers well, etc.

Interview Question – What do you consider exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I completed 9 interviews. 4 phone interviews and the rest were in person in Luxembourg.

Interview Question – What would your enemies say about you?
Would you use normal (non amazon) forums to give advice to people on how to use our products?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you ask for the moon, sun and the stars - you are only valuable on the day that they think that you may join. Nothing is too much. they always make you feel like you are asking for too much but ALWAYS ask for MORE.

Technical Program Manager II Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details Was contacted by the HR with reference to my resume on a job portal. It was followed by 2 telephonic interviews with SDMs. A few days later got an invitation to come to Seattle to have interviews onsite. Total 7 interviews starting with a Senior SDE and going up to the Director of the hiring group. I'm not sure if there was a bar raiser - but I assume so, since there was a Director from another group making the final interview. Interviewers were polite and very engaging.
Overall, the hiring process was very smooth and well coordinated

Negotiation Details – Didn't have much room for negotiation - but overall the package was good.

Financial Analyst Interview

Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Phone Interview with one business case, then job interview with two business cases and questions on accounting, riskmanagement and income statement

Interview Question – Imagine Amazon is considering introducing “Free Giftwrapping” for Books.
The customer pays $4 for giftwrapping the product. In 2008 we giftwrapped 700,000 Units and expecting a growth for 2009 of 12%. Our average revenue per Unit is about $20 .
Would you recommend launching this and why?
Make assumptions wherever appropriate.
Price Elasticity of Demand is -2

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details I submitted my resume in the college career fair. I got an interview call after 3 months.

Interview Question – I had 2 back to back technical interviews
Question1: Find two numbers in an unsorted array that equal to a given sum
Question2: Find the first unique character in a string

Software Development Engineer II Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details At first, it's a phone interview. but not got phone call at the appointed time until waiting for another 10 minutes.
The questions in phone interview is for algorithm test, and the first one is to revert a sentense which is a common one. Unfortunately my answer not accepted by interviewer, so did not pass the phone interview.

Amazon Area Manager Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details Submitted an application online, and about a month later received an email asking for three blocks of time for a telephone interview.

The representative from Amazon called about 30min after the scheduled time, but this can be counted as being under the "call may be delayed" portion of the interview scheduling email. The interviewer asked if because of the delay if the interview should be rescheduled, which I responded with "That's not necessary, there is no problem with conducting it now".

The interviewer admitted that they had not reviewed any of the application (or resume) data beforehand, and had to "log in and access" the information several minutes into the interview when work history/experience was mentioned during an answer.

It was obvious that the interview was not a priority for them, as they were on a speakerphone and you could hear them carrying on a separate conversation in the background. You could hear paper-shuffling, as it seemed that they would look down at a sheet of paper to randomly pick a question when you stopped talking.

There were 4-5 questions asked in total, with no math problem asked. The questions were generic ones that can be found on the internet.

It was challenging trying to respond to questions, since it was apparent that the interviewer was not paying attention.

The total phonecall was 16min long, which included their introduction, the interview questions, and the questions for them.

The interview ended abruptly with a "thank you for your time" comment, and a "you are no longer being considered" email was recieved the following day.

Interview Question – When is it ever acceptable to violate a rule or regulation?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com