Amazon.com

4,640 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details This is PM for operations/logistics systems. Three rounds phone interviews, each of one hour. 20-30% behavioral questions + 70-80% case interviews.Cases may not be directly linked to this position, such as how to price Amazon Prime, how to manage the capacity of the warehouse (what factors you need to know, what are the relations between these factors, how to get these data, etc)., why sell neg profit margin goods. Overall, to answer them well, you need to have some knowledge of microeconomics, economical theory of organization, and maybe operations/logistics (I'm not sure. this is not my major). Then you need to be very logical.

The intervals between three rounds are half a month and a month! The most dramatic part is that I was forgotten/overlooked after being told the third round feedback was good. After my tenacious try to get connected with HR, the final on-site interview was scheduled in Seattle two months after.

four back-to-back interviews, totally three+ hours. Similarly, 60% of the time was case interviews. They asked many details and questioned my solutions. But I think this is a good way to test the logic and way of thinking of the candidates. 40% time were about behavioral questions and prior experiences. Due to NDA, I can't disclose specific questions. But one question already asked during phone interview (also listed above) was mentioned by three of them.

Because my English is not that good and I am not quite interested (so I didn't prepare much), I didn't perform well on site. Thank you letter was received upon inquiry one week later, because HR, again, forgot to send it out.

Interview Question – Your weakness (it's said this kind of question is just for interviewers to get a good reason to decline you)   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
San Bernardino, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview Details The process is very structured. It is a POD setting with managers from all over the network participating. You may or may not be meeting with the people that you will eventually work with. You will be in a room with other candidates, who will be interviewing at the same time.

Interview Question – You will be expected to provide detailed summaries of how you have solved problems in the past. You will be expected to solve a series of math problems.   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Brand Ambassador

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I saw the job post and applied. I was then contacted probably 2 weeks later. I had a phone interview with a representative from Amazon, and it was pretty straight forward - nothing really unexpected. I received an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing really too unexpected. What are a few qualities that would be a good for a brand ambassador to have? What are some potential problems a brand ambassador could run into?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Applied on the website under the university section. Received an email from recruiter and setup two 45 mins tech screens with engineers. Spent the first few minutes learning about their role, as well as explaining my background/interest. No specifics questions just general. Then one coding question. I was asked to write an algorithm to compute square root. The other call asked me to reverse a Linked List.

Interview Question – 1 ) Algorithm to compute square root that handles perfect and non-perfect squares.
2) Reverse a LinkedList
  Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Telephone Interview
- Asked about basic hashmap, linkedlists, arraylists, OOP questions (15 minutes)
- Program how to return the sorted list given 2 unsorted lists(1 hr.)
- Program how to return the inorder traversal of the tree given a preorder string (1 hr).

Interview Question – - Binary Trees   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details Had three phone interviews, followed by invitation to campus interview in Seattle. My interview loop was with three junior team members who were reading questions off their computer, and i felt like i am talking to a robot. I was not impressed by the quality of the team i was interviewing with, and did not see myself working for this company. The culture seems to be a bit weird.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Retail Undergraduate Program Interview

Retail Undergraduate Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details Was referred by a friend, who sent my resume to a Sr. Manager. Contacted by email to schedule a 45-minute phone interview where the interviewer asks you about yourself and some situational questions regarding the program. Other questions like why Amazon and the interviewer will initially ask you if you have any questions for him/her after talking about what they do.

Interview Question – It was something like "How would you handle negotiating with a retailer over a change in terms/price?" They just want to see what your thought process would be.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details I talked with a recruiter, then a technical phone screen with coding problems, followed by an on site interview with 6 sessions, 5 technical and one with HR. Technical questions covered things like graph problems, sorting streams of integers, checking if a given list of words are contained in a magazine. Every problem was coupled with an analysis of computational complexity and memory trade offs.

Interview Question – How would you optimize the recipient of IPC message packets so that all messages are stored in a database with high throughout despite a (relatively) slow database connection.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer I Intern
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2013.

Interview Details Interviewed through university recruitment program. There were 2 back to back 45 min. phone interviews with 10 min gap between them. Got a call exactly at the scheduled time and ended it exactly after 45 min are over.

Interview Question – Question were not the difficult ones, but the sub-questions asked on them were tricky.
1st interview question: It was scenario based coding question. Asked to code it in whatever language you want. The question was; you are getting number of orders daily, code a program which will minimize the time right from processing to packing and till warehouse shipment. It was something related to Pythagoras theorem. I coded it with some time left and then was asked to optimize it considering time and space complexity.

2nd Interview: There was not a single question. It was regarding hash tables, sorting and searching, picklists and their time n space complexities. Tried to answer them.
  Answer Question

Network Operations Manager Interview

Network Operations Manager
Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied for this position via Amazon career website. A month later, I received the first phone interview. It was conducted by a HR. 30min interview, questions are standard, such as about personal experience, education, project, are you willing to travel, do you have other offers on hand, given a urgent deadline situation how will you manage it , how will you handle the conflict between your colleagues...

Interview Question – Give examples based on your past experiences, if your colleagues have conflict in a project, how will you handle it?   View Answer