Amazon.com

Updated 27 Jan 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

University Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

3 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews. Last in person interview had 6 rounds with behavioral questions. Some of the interviewers did not seem like they had any sort of idea regarding my background. I think those who were unaware were employees who I would not actually be working with directly - sort of a company fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used metrics to show results for recruiting. My last job did not use measurements as I worked in a creative space before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

An online test was conducted. there were around 20 mcqs based on c and c++. 2 coding questions were also there. then very few students were selected for the interview round. questions based on data structures were asked. the entire procedure took two days and you have a better chance of placement if your relative or friend is working there.

Interview Questions
    • all the inputs for the coding question were given in the form of string.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied online, and received a phone interview request after 2 weeks. The interview manager was quite nice but the interview was kind of difficult. They wanted to know every detail about you resume so be prepared to talk about your resume a lot. Anticipate some behavioral question as well.

Area Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview process was fairly straightforward. Asked several leadership questions, looking for a candidate who's experienced in a leadership role and encountered any kind of dilemmas and how they handled it. Then a fairly simple math flow problems relating to operations.

Interview Questions
    • Be as detailed as possible where you displayed leadership at work   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

There were two hour long phone screens, followed by eight in person interviews at the offices in Seattle. The questions were all over the board, but most were behavioral questions asking for examples of how you have responded in certain situations before, and drilling in to your examples as far as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the exact wording, but they want to know how you have used data to make decisions in the past. Once you give them an example, be prepared to go very far in depth with it. They will ask details that might even seem irrelevant, and the questioning process on that one example can last upto twenty minutes.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

2 Phone Screens & 7 Onsite Interviews. After the offer the Recruiters were very rude. They think they can get away with it as they do in Seattle. But in Bay area there are lot of options.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online and was gives two time slots to choose from for scheduling the interview. It was two telephonic calls of 1 hour each. Both were done using a shared doc. The interviewers were very patient and helpful. Was a pleasant experience though I wasn't given an offer for the position.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Contacted by HR through email for on-site interview. 2-hour on-site interview with 4 hiring managers. Most of the questions are scenario questions. You will need to finish a case before 1 on 1 meetings. Overall, the interview is not hard if you are prepared.

RLDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview was mainly behavioral and case question. This was the 1st round. Once you clear this,there would be a second interview, which would be based on case questions only. They try to check whether you have worked on data. Have experience in data manipulation. Also can you think analytically and have good problem solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • How will you make a metric system to evaluate late delivery of products?If you get a discounted offer to buy 50,000 movies, will u buy it?   Answer Question

Site Merchandiser/Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was one of the most dissapointing interview processes experiences I have encountered...the recruiter seemed inexperienced, was all over the place, did not know much about the team and communicated very poorly. He forgot to inform me that my initial scheduled phone interview was cancelled. Then he moved it to another day/time without even confirming with me if that worked with my schedule. For my second phone interview a completely different person showed up to do the interview, and I was not informed, again...not to even mention that person was not part of the team that I was interviewing for...also, unlike what I was told, that I should hear back withing 3-5 days...he forgot to follow-up for about 10 days...I attempted to contact him again and he said I wasn't a good fit...and then about another week or so I received a similar canned official and polite email from him, informing me again that it was a "no"...clearly he didn't keep track of that fact that we had had that converstation before...I expected a much better grasp and professionalism from the interviewing team...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used a simple solution to solve a complex business problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used data to make a business decision?   Answer Question
    • They also threw an unexpected quantitative case about the success of email marketing campaigns. They give you a few metrics for 2 email marketing campaigns and ask you to compare the success of the campaigns against each other.   Answer Question