Amazon.com

Updated 1 Mar 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

University Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

3 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews. Last in person interview had 6 rounds with behavioral questions. Some of the interviewers did not seem like they had any sort of idea regarding my background. I think those who were unaware were employees who I would not actually be working with directly - sort of a company fit interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used metrics to show results for recruiting. My last job did not use measurements as I worked in a creative space before.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online and through my university's career portal. I heard back in a week . I had 2 phone interviews and after that I was flown to Seattle to attend a 6 hour hackathon like on-site interview. It was really cool. I got to work at a test code of the team I was being interviewed for.

Got a better job!

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

There are two 45 minutes interviews with two interviewers. Both of the interviews are technical with current Amazon software engineers. I would say that 80% of the time in the interview is writing algorithm codes on a whiteboard. All questions are algorithm questions and surprisingly no data structure questions or OO questions. The difficulty is average but you should be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • How to recursively change the color of the pixels around a certain pixel?   Answer Question

Marketplace Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Very intense half day interview. Nine different interviewers all assigned a different leadership principal to review. The worst part of the process was that it took them almost 5 months after I applied before I heard anything back from them. Once I got the phone screen the process took about 35 days.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember, it was more that every question was a series of questions that got very detailed.   Answer Question
    there wasn't one, I said yes.

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied online, and received a phone interview request after 2 weeks. The interview manager was quite nice but the interview was kind of difficult. They wanted to know every detail about you resume so be prepared to talk about your resume a lot. Anticipate some behavioral question as well.

Area Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview process was fairly straightforward. Asked several leadership questions, looking for a candidate who's experienced in a leadership role and encountered any kind of dilemmas and how they handled it. Then a fairly simple math flow problems relating to operations.

Interview Questions
    • Be as detailed as possible where you displayed leadership at work   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

There were two hour long phone screens, followed by eight in person interviews at the offices in Seattle. The questions were all over the board, but most were behavioral questions asking for examples of how you have responded in certain situations before, and drilling in to your examples as far as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the exact wording, but they want to know how you have used data to make decisions in the past. Once you give them an example, be prepared to go very far in depth with it. They will ask details that might even seem irrelevant, and the questioning process on that one example can last upto twenty minutes.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I had a first round interview that I got after talking to a recruiter. It was a 30 minute interview. They asked the usual questions. The hardest question they asked me was "Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation". The second round interview is on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Contacted by HR through email for on-site interview. 2-hour on-site interview with 4 hiring managers. Most of the questions are scenario questions. You will need to finish a case before 1 on 1 meetings. Overall, the interview is not hard if you are prepared.

RLDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview was mainly behavioral and case question. This was the 1st round. Once you clear this,there would be a second interview, which would be based on case questions only. They try to check whether you have worked on data. Have experience in data manipulation. Also can you think analytically and have good problem solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • How will you make a metric system to evaluate late delivery of products?If you get a discounted offer to buy 50,000 movies, will u buy it?   Answer Question