Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Interview

This must have been the most inefficient interview with some of the most incompetent management I have ever encountered.
    I went for a 7 interview marathon with the company and each interviewer told me a different story about the job.
    The apparent hiring manager got degraded to a simple 'sit-in' position and told me in the face-to-face interview that he was no longer in charge of the hiring process.
    The actual manager was far from being competent. She asked me the silliest questions; obviously not having read my CV while being preoccupied answering her emails during the interview.
    When I finally had it, I asked her a few questions about her background and she failed on every level.
    I turned down their offer as it is certainly not a company I would ever want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just stupidly repetitive. Have never experienced anything as inefficient as that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

2 Phone Screens & 7 Onsite Interviews. After the offer the Recruiters were very rude. They think they can get away with it as they do in Seattle. But in Bay area there are lot of options.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 2 phone interviews. Last in person interview had 6 rounds with behavioral questions. Some of the interviewers did not seem like they had any sort of idea regarding my background. I think those who were unaware were employees who I would not actually be working with directly - sort of a company fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used metrics to show results for recruiting. My last job did not use measurements as I worked in a creative space before.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I applied online and through my university's career portal. I heard back in a week . I had 2 phone interviews and after that I was flown to Seattle to attend a 6 hour hackathon like on-site interview. It was really cool. I got to work at a test code of the team I was being interviewed for.

Got a better job!

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

There are two 45 minutes interviews with two interviewers. Both of the interviews are technical with current Amazon software engineers. I would say that 80% of the time in the interview is writing algorithm codes on a whiteboard. All questions are algorithm questions and surprisingly no data structure questions or OO questions. The difficulty is average but you should be prepared.

Interview Questions

• How to recursively change the color of the pixels around a certain pixel?   Answer Question

Marketplace Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Very intense half day interview. Nine different interviewers all assigned a different leadership principal to review. The worst part of the process was that it took them almost 5 months after I applied before I heard anything back from them. Once I got the phone screen the process took about 35 days.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember, it was more that every question was a series of questions that got very detailed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't one, I said yes.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Recruiter emails you with details on what to read up on and be prepared for for the interview. I had 2 in person interviews (45 minutes back to back). Each was a different technical question. Straight forward, a couple behavioural, past project questions from both interviewers. The interviewers try their best to leave the candidate with a good feeling (company policy), so it's hard to get an idea of where you stand or how you're doing at times.

Interview Questions

• 2 linked lists share at least 1 common node. Find the first common node.   Answer Question

Interview

onsite interview after the online coding test for software developer position.. xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

Interview Questions

• given a single linked list, where every node also has a pointer to any random node, apart from normal value and next node pointer. This random pointer can point to any node in the linked list and can also be null. Task is to make another copy of this linked list with all same structure.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, and received a phone interview request after 2 weeks. The interview manager was quite nice but the interview was kind of difficult. They wanted to know every detail about you resume so be prepared to talk about your resume a lot. Anticipate some behavioral question as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I had a first round interview that I got after talking to a recruiter. It was a 30 minute interview. They asked the usual questions. The hardest question they asked me was "Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation". The second round interview is on-site.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question