Amazon.com

Updated 30 Jan 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Site Merchandiser/Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was one of the most dissapointing interview processes experiences I have encountered...the recruiter seemed inexperienced, was all over the place, did not know much about the team and communicated very poorly. He forgot to inform me that my initial scheduled phone interview was cancelled. Then he moved it to another day/time without even confirming with me if that worked with my schedule. For my second phone interview a completely different person showed up to do the interview, and I was not informed, again...not to even mention that person was not part of the team that I was interviewing for...also, unlike what I was told, that I should hear back withing 3-5 days...he forgot to follow-up for about 10 days...I attempted to contact him again and he said I wasn't a good fit...and then about another week or so I received a similar canned official and polite email from him, informing me again that it was a "no"...clearly he didn't keep track of that fact that we had had that converstation before...I expected a much better grasp and professionalism from the interviewing team...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used a simple solution to solve a complex business problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used data to make a business decision?   Answer Question
    • They also threw an unexpected quantitative case about the success of email marketing campaigns. They give you a few metrics for 2 email marketing campaigns and ask you to compare the success of the campaigns against each other.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I had a first round interview that I got after talking to a recruiter. It was a 30 minute interview. They asked the usual questions. The hardest question they asked me was "Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation". The second round interview is on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

They contacted me for a Hiring event. I had to use a web based tool to solve two questions. The first question was reconstruct a tree according a two dimension array and the second was an ODD problem. I had 60 minutes to solve both questions. The test wasn't very complex but you have to code the most efficients solutions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't very difficult, but before you start is really convenient try the demo question of the web tool.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Got mail and call from one of the hiring recruiters from the company. They were ready to take up interview almost immediately (like the next day). However, they asked when was the most convenient time. Scheduled for a telephonic interview which involved coding as well.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult question. Retrieve max three elements in an array in O(n)   View Answer

Area In Finance & Compliance Role, Hyderabad, India Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād, Sind (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād, Sind (Pakistan)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Amazon has many rounds of interviews and sometimes it's so rigorous that you may have to appear 6 rounds in one day. This becomes difficult when the employee is travelling from far off place in India. The worst part is that all the interviewers ask the same question - around their leadership model and values

Interview Questions
    • None... actually it becomes so repeatetive that one get's drained in explaning the demonstration part of leadership model over and over again. The funniest part, people who interview are senior positions but have no clarity on the role profiles are the ones who ask the most and have an influence over the appointment of the position   Answer Question

The salary was less

E-commerce Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

After online application followed a first short phone interview (very easy and friendly), and this was followed by an hour-long competency based interview which included a sales role play. The questions were straight forward and mostly related to the competencies sought for in the role. The role play was relatively easy however prepare well for arguments against rejections.

Interview Questions
    • What other types of jobs have you been applying to and how far have you gotten?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I first had an interview with a third party firm, then had two multiple choice tests and an e-mail for a fake unsatisfied client, then I had another 40 min. multiple choice test online, then I had a phone call interview that was more than pleasant, with easy questions about me and about my experience.

No negotiation.Fixed salary and commision.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The interview process begins with a phone interview where they mostly tell you about the company. Next is an in-person interview which consists of learning more about the company, detailing what shifts you are eligible for and taking a drug test. Everyone is usually hired as long as you pass the drug test and background check.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Recruiter emails you with details on what to read up on and be prepared for for the interview. I had 2 in person interviews (45 minutes back to back). Each was a different technical question. Straight forward, a couple behavioural, past project questions from both interviewers. The interviewers try their best to leave the candidate with a good feeling (company policy), so it's hard to get an idea of where you stand or how you're doing at times.

Interview Questions
    • 2 linked lists share at least 1 common node. Find the first common node.   Answer Question