Amazon.com

4,771 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews + onsite. The phone interview questions were more difficult than those asked onsite. Mostly, design question were asked onsite. There is a cargo cult mentality amongst the developers which I didn't like. It was not clear how much code needs to be written on the board. One guy asked me to skip the design and dive straight to the code. Another guy asked me just to write the pseudo code.

They are in a hurry to finish the interview within 45 minutes and move on to the next candidate. In real life nobody designs a object model in 45 minutes. So, expecting candidates to finish the design within that timeslot is not just unfair. It is also useless since it doesn't tell you much about the candidate.

I am skeptical of the whole interview process and employee turnover tells me that the current interviewing style at IT companies is broken.

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult when compared with what is asked in Silicon Valley companies.   Answer Question

Safety Specialist Interview

Safety Specialist

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Got an initial email, then a phone screen. Few more weeks later got a face to face interview. Took a total of about 3 months to go through the whole process

Interview Question – Depends on the person interviewing you. Most questions are about what you would do in some situations   Answer Question

Retail Undergraduate Program Interview

Retail Undergraduate Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I applied by sending my CV/Cover Letter to a friend that currently works for Amazon.com. Two days later, I was contacted by HR, who scheduled a phone interview with me for later that week. The interview lasted about 50 minutes, and consisted of a mix of behavioural and case questions.

Interview Question – What is wrong with our website?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was very good. The interviewers are very nice. They treat candidates as their customers. They focus on leadership principles and the interview was more like a conversation with candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you have done something which was not being asked?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I had two Phone Interviews - 1 HR and 1 Head of Product Management (in EU), which were basic screening interviews.
Then I had 6 Interviews on site which they call the loop. The majority of the interviewers focused on one or two questions in which I needed to relate my background to the question. They then went into the details asking additional questions on top of the original question, so you should have a good answer the first time. The interviewers like to get into the details around statistics and data related to product or an outcome of a project if that is what you used for the answer. I don't remember many of the questions now, but one was "Name a time you implemented a process improvement at your company/client. How did you go about doing it? What was the outcome? How were you able to measure it? Who did you complete the task with? Is there anything you wish you did different?"

Interview Question – I had one questions with 3 or 4 questions in one, so I was able to answer the main question and 1 or 2 of the sub questions.   View Answer

Process Manager Interview

Process Manager
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Phone call with HR to get brief info on me and the position I was applying for. Asked me to explain my role, how long I've been working abroad, why I want to look for a new job, salary expectation, availability, etc.

Onsite interview was set up the following week.

Interview Question – Projects done in the past to improve process   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details They e-mailed me, asked if I wanted to phone interview. Said yes, set up a time. Was asked questions regarding O notation, sorting algorithms, and hashes, mostly. The guy that interviewed me was nice, process went well. Brush up on theory of computation stuff and basic sorting interview questions.

Interview Question – Questions about hashes   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Fulfillment Associate
Moreno Valley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was given a direct hire option. No interview, merely a drug test and education verification, and identity verification, I was given a contingent offer if I passed the drug and background check. Was given a short presentation on Amazon, told benefits and the expectation. Then took my badge photo. Overall easiest way I've gotten a job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you are given a shift, and you may request shift changes after 90 days.

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details First interview - HR reviewed your personal information. This was a very position process. HR did a great job making you feel comfortable. Lastly about 30 minutes.
Second interview - Technical interview over the phone. This interview is schedule for 1 hour so be specific and timely. If you know know your stuff this will be straight for but note they want specific answers. The interviewer will tell you that they have no control over the next phase of the interview process.
Amazon interviews in groups, basically you and several other people are interviewing with various people during this second interview. They will select who will continue and you have no control or input so do your best.

Interview Question – Be well rounded, they asked about networking, programming, database, windows, unix and systems.   Answer Question

Cloud Support Engineer - Amazon Web Services Interview

Cloud Support Engineer - Amazon Web Services
Herndon, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details Arranged for technical phone interview of 60-90min with in-depth technical skills. The interviewer was in another location, not at the actual work location. He asked more like verbal exams, quite formal. It had 3 parts: CS, tech, and Amazon culture as previous reviews mentioned. Yes, he did asked me nosql and ports numbers. If you get the job, you'd have 3 weeks training in Seattle.

Interview Question – How to set up networks for several locations, such as in VA, WA, and UT. Several questions of port numbers.   View Answer