Amazon.com

4,155 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Specialist Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied via the Amazon jobs portal and received an invitation to do a video-interview online a day or two later. This video interview was one sided - the webtool would show a question (text) and then record my response via webcam. Only 8 questions, one of which was case-ish (how would I price such and such). Other questions were "Tell us about a time when..."

Next round was a phone call with my future manager (I didn't know that at the time). A couple of "tell me about a time when..." questions with LOTS of follow-up questions. "Why did you do it that way? What would you have done differently? Why didn't you do it better the first time?" It was intense but I strongly disagree with most of the other reviewers here - it was not a negative experience, just intense. She really wanted to get a feel for my fit with Amazon's Leadership Principles.

A couple of days later I was invited out to the HQ in Seattle for a half-day of in-person interviews. I had 4 interviews and one "test". The interviews were exactly the same format as the phone call I described above, although I have to say they were downright positive interviews. I knew why they were digging so hard and didn't take the digging personally. I think because I recognized that fact, they turned out to be very fun conversations exploring why I did what and what could have been better. The "test" was 45 minutes of me working through pricing a list of products in Excel alone in a room. I have ZERO pricing experience and it wasn't hard to pick up.

I got the offer three days later. An incredibly generous offer, I may add.

My advice to any interviewers with Amazon: Don't take their digging personally. They're trying to understand you, not judge you. It may feel like the same thing, but it's not. If you keep that perspective, interviewing with Amazon can be a lot of fun.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when..." questions with LOTS of follow-up questions. "Why did you do it that way? What would you have done differently? Why didn't you do it better the first time?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I only declined because I received an offer for a more attractive role elsewhere. Everyone I interviewed with at Amazon was awesome, I had a great time, and the offer itself was very generous. I'm still kind of sick to my stomach for turning them down.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview consisted of 2 phone screens followed by a day onsite in Seattle. All people were smart and nice to speak to. They let me complete my thoughts (on cases) slightly nudging where needed. I enjoyed knowing more the work there.
Most of the interviews were either case questions with multiple layers or 'tell me about' questions. As long as you know the leadership principles and prepare you answers to reflect to those you should be good

Interview Question – how and when do we know we achieved least possible shipping costs?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details I ask my friend to refer me. The recruiter contact me like 2 weeks later. They send me a link which is an online assessment. As you know, there are 3 problems and they are very easy to solve. I actually run my code using leetcode and pass all of the cases. However, I failed. My friend told me it's possibly because I don't write a good explanation beside my code.

Interview Question – Not hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details phone interview, including few questions about your work history, the rest are mostly technical questions. The first phone interview questions are kind easy. Second round questions are Data Structure, Algorithm related. Questions are not difficult, normally ask you how to optimize the algorithm. People are nice.

Interview Question – Find an alternative way to optimize the algorithm.   Answer Question

SDE2 Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted on phone by HR. I had uploaded my resume around 5-6 month back. I went there next week. has four in person interviews. The process went very smoothly. I had to go again next week for the last round.

Interview Question – Given a string. Suppose all its characters can be jumbled up and all possible strings are arranged in an alphabetical order. Now given a number n, find the nth word in the ordered list of words.   Answer Question

Retail Undergraduate Program Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Phone interview -easy, day of case studies, email rejection. Can you say cheap consulting?

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I managed to get an on-campus interview by emailing the university recruiting coordinator. Signed up for a time, interviewed with two people on the on-campus interview rooms.

Interview Question – None were rather difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details online assessment and onsite

Interview Question – system design and some detailed concepts   Answer Question

Digital Specialist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job of Customer Service Rep at a job fair. After getting invited to interview, the interview was quick. Whether I was tech savvy or not, can I deal with customers well, etc.

Interview Question – What do you consider exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I completed 9 interviews. 4 phone interviews and the rest were in person in Luxembourg.

Interview Question – What would your enemies say about you?
Would you use normal (non amazon) forums to give advice to people on how to use our products?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you ask for the moon, sun and the stars - you are only valuable on the day that they think that you may join. Nothing is too much. they always make you feel like you are asking for too much but ALWAYS ask for MORE.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com