Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I had a first round interview that I got after talking to a recruiter. It was a 30 minute interview. They asked the usual questions. The hardest question they asked me was "Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation". The second round interview is on-site.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

There were two hour long phone screens, followed by eight in person interviews at the offices in Seattle. The questions were all over the board, but most were behavioral questions asking for examples of how you have responded in certain situations before, and drilling in to your examples as far as possible.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall the exact wording, but they want to know how you have used data to make decisions in the past. Once you give them an example, be prepared to go very far in depth with it. They will ask details that might even seem irrelevant, and the questioning process on that one example can last upto twenty minutes.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!

Interview

One face to face interview they basically want to test your speaking skills.
    Written english test. They check your grammar.
    An online logical test.

Personal interview... Easy. Friendly HR.
    Easy process.
    One should be good in english.... Especially grammar.

Interview Questions

• Please make sure that you want to relocate   3 Answers

I could not move. Salary was less.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straightforward. Asked several leadership questions, looking for a candidate who's experienced in a leadership role and encountered any kind of dilemmas and how they handled it. Then a fairly simple math flow problems relating to operations.

Interview Questions

• Be as detailed as possible where you displayed leadership at work   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Interview

First I applied on their website. Then, I was given an online assessment to take. A few days after the online assessment I was told that I was invited to the final round interview in Seattle. They put me up in a hotel Thursday through Saturday. I was not a fan of the actual interview process. We had only group interviews. There was an individual assessment, and then there were two group case studies. As someone who has no finance/ consulting experience, I feel as though the interview ultimately set me up to fail, so I was not happy with Amazon about that at all. I definitely don't expect to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The individual assessment on the day of the interview was hard. I felt as though there really was not much time.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

After online application followed a first short phone interview (very easy and friendly), and this was followed by an hour-long competency based interview which included a sales role play. The questions were straight forward and mostly related to the competencies sought for in the role. The role play was relatively easy however prepare well for arguments against rejections.

Interview Questions

• What other types of jobs have you been applying to and how far have you gotten?   Answer Question

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview where they mostly tell you about the company. Next is an in-person interview which consists of learning more about the company, detailing what shifts you are eligible for and taking a drug test. Everyone is usually hired as long as you pass the drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Amazon?   1 Answer

RLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Interview was mainly behavioral and case question. This was the 1st round. Once you clear this,there would be a second interview, which would be based on case questions only. They try to check whether you have worked on data. Have experience in data manipulation. Also can you think analytically and have good problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• How will you make a metric system to evaluate late delivery of products?If you get a discounted offer to buy 50,000 movies, will u buy it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Contacted by HR through email for on-site interview. 2-hour on-site interview with 4 hiring managers. Most of the questions are scenario questions. You will need to finish a case before 1 on 1 meetings. Overall, the interview is not hard if you are prepared.