Amazon.com

Updated 26 Feb 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

RLDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview was mainly behavioral and case question. This was the 1st round. Once you clear this,there would be a second interview, which would be based on case questions only. They try to check whether you have worked on data. Have experience in data manipulation. Also can you think analytically and have good problem solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • How will you make a metric system to evaluate late delivery of products?If you get a discounted offer to buy 50,000 movies, will u buy it?   Answer Question

Site Merchandiser/Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was one of the most dissapointing interview processes experiences I have encountered...the recruiter seemed inexperienced, was all over the place, did not know much about the team and communicated very poorly. He forgot to inform me that my initial scheduled phone interview was cancelled. Then he moved it to another day/time without even confirming with me if that worked with my schedule. For my second phone interview a completely different person showed up to do the interview, and I was not informed, again...not to even mention that person was not part of the team that I was interviewing for...also, unlike what I was told, that I should hear back withing 3-5 days...he forgot to follow-up for about 10 days...I attempted to contact him again and he said I wasn't a good fit...and then about another week or so I received a similar canned official and polite email from him, informing me again that it was a "no"...clearly he didn't keep track of that fact that we had had that converstation before...I expected a much better grasp and professionalism from the interviewing team...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used a simple solution to solve a complex business problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used data to make a business decision?   Answer Question
    • They also threw an unexpected quantitative case about the success of email marketing campaigns. They give you a few metrics for 2 email marketing campaigns and ask you to compare the success of the campaigns against each other.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

They contacted me for a Hiring event. I had to use a web based tool to solve two questions. The first question was reconstruct a tree according a two dimension array and the second was an ODD problem. I had 60 minutes to solve both questions. The test wasn't very complex but you have to code the most efficients solutions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't very difficult, but before you start is really convenient try the demo question of the web tool.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Contacted by email out of the blue and asked for an on-site interview for the position. Flew to Seattle HQ and interviewed there. The process was very quick and well organized. Due to NDA I cannot discuss the format or details of the interview but the interview was very different from any other tech companies. The format and question asked were more related to actual programming than the usual questions you'd see from the book.

Interview Questions
    • The interview format was different than the usual problem, solution on whiteboard kind of interview. It was much more similar to day to day coding and related more to the job.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

I applied online a few months ago and received an invitation from a recruiter to take the amazon online assessment test. It was a link to hackerank.
    The actual interview consisted of two pretty simple coding questions and a logic test part.
    I was given 30 mins for each coding question and 35 mins for the logic part(25 questions).
    NOTE: Time flies really fast during the logic session. You should work fast.

The first question had to do with string manipulation and the other question was on bit level manipulation

Area In Finance & Compliance Role, Hyderabad, India Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād, Sind (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād, Sind (Pakistan)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Amazon has many rounds of interviews and sometimes it's so rigorous that you may have to appear 6 rounds in one day. This becomes difficult when the employee is travelling from far off place in India. The worst part is that all the interviewers ask the same question - around their leadership model and values

Interview Questions
    • None... actually it becomes so repeatetive that one get's drained in explaning the demonstration part of leadership model over and over again. The funniest part, people who interview are senior positions but have no clarity on the role profiles are the ones who ask the most and have an influence over the appointment of the position   Answer Question

The salary was less

E-commerce Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

After online application followed a first short phone interview (very easy and friendly), and this was followed by an hour-long competency based interview which included a sales role play. The questions were straight forward and mostly related to the competencies sought for in the role. The role play was relatively easy however prepare well for arguments against rejections.

Interview Questions
    • What other types of jobs have you been applying to and how far have you gotten?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Got mail and call from one of the hiring recruiters from the company. They were ready to take up interview almost immediately (like the next day). However, they asked when was the most convenient time. Scheduled for a telephonic interview which involved coding as well.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult question. Retrieve max three elements in an array in O(n)   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I first had an interview with a third party firm, then had two multiple choice tests and an e-mail for a fake unsatisfied client, then I had another 40 min. multiple choice test online, then I had a phone call interview that was more than pleasant, with easy questions about me and about my experience.

No negotiation.Fixed salary and commision.