Amazon.com

Updated 24 Nov 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Area In Finance & Compliance Role, Hyderabad, India Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād, Sind (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād, Sind (Pakistan)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Amazon has many rounds of interviews and sometimes it's so rigorous that you may have to appear 6 rounds in one day. This becomes difficult when the employee is travelling from far off place in India. The worst part is that all the interviewers ask the same question - around their leadership model and values

Interview Questions
    • None... actually it becomes so repeatetive that one get's drained in explaning the demonstration part of leadership model over and over again. The funniest part, people who interview are senior positions but have no clarity on the role profiles are the ones who ask the most and have an influence over the appointment of the position   Answer Question

The salary was less

E-commerce Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

After online application followed a first short phone interview (very easy and friendly), and this was followed by an hour-long competency based interview which included a sales role play. The questions were straight forward and mostly related to the competencies sought for in the role. The role play was relatively easy however prepare well for arguments against rejections.

Interview Questions
    • What other types of jobs have you been applying to and how far have you gotten?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I first had an interview with a third party firm, then had two multiple choice tests and an e-mail for a fake unsatisfied client, then I had another 40 min. multiple choice test online, then I had a phone call interview that was more than pleasant, with easy questions about me and about my experience.

No negotiation.Fixed salary and commision.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online and was gives two time slots to choose from for scheduling the interview. It was two telephonic calls of 1 hour each. Both were done using a shared doc. The interviewers were very patient and helpful. Was a pleasant experience though I wasn't given an offer for the position.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The interview process begins with a phone interview where they mostly tell you about the company. Next is an in-person interview which consists of learning more about the company, detailing what shifts you are eligible for and taking a drug test. Everyone is usually hired as long as you pass the drug test and background check.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Recruiter emails you with details on what to read up on and be prepared for for the interview. I had 2 in person interviews (45 minutes back to back). Each was a different technical question. Straight forward, a couple behavioural, past project questions from both interviewers. The interviewers try their best to leave the candidate with a good feeling (company policy), so it's hard to get an idea of where you stand or how you're doing at times.

Interview Questions
    • 2 linked lists share at least 1 common node. Find the first common node.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

contacted me via linkedin for a position for recent graduates, offered mi an interview over the phone and a couple of interviews later in person, the recruiter was very nice and helpfull, it was a good experience . ask a OOD question, a string problem to validate parenthesis and braces and insert into a circular linked list. algorithms, complexity, object oriented design.

Interview Questions
    • ask a OOD question, a string problem to validate parenthesis and braces and insert into a circular linked list. algorithms, complexity, object oriented design.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

They contacted me for a Hiring event. I had to use a web based tool to solve two questions. The first question was reconstruct a tree according a two dimension array and the second was an ODD problem. I had 60 minutes to solve both questions. The test wasn't very complex but you have to code the most efficients solutions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't very difficult, but before you start is really convenient try the demo question of the web tool.   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Interview scheduler was great but phone screener was unbelievably arrogant and patronizing. I left with the impression that micro management was rampant and that this would be a dreadful place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Some irrelevant question, effectively about how to micromanage and blame employees.   Answer Question