Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Fulfillment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The interview process begins with a phone interview where they mostly tell you about the company. Next is an in-person interview which consists of learning more about the company, detailing what shifts you are eligible for and taking a drug test. Everyone is usually hired as long as you pass the drug test and background check.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Recruiter emails you with details on what to read up on and be prepared for for the interview. I had 2 in person interviews (45 minutes back to back). Each was a different technical question. Straight forward, a couple behavioural, past project questions from both interviewers. The interviewers try their best to leave the candidate with a good feeling (company policy), so it's hard to get an idea of where you stand or how you're doing at times.

Interview Questions
    • 2 linked lists share at least 1 common node. Find the first common node.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

contacted me via linkedin for a position for recent graduates, offered mi an interview over the phone and a couple of interviews later in person, the recruiter was very nice and helpfull, it was a good experience . ask a OOD question, a string problem to validate parenthesis and braces and insert into a circular linked list. algorithms, complexity, object oriented design.

Interview Questions
    • ask a OOD question, a string problem to validate parenthesis and braces and insert into a circular linked list. algorithms, complexity, object oriented design.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

They contacted me for a Hiring event. I had to use a web based tool to solve two questions. The first question was reconstruct a tree according a two dimension array and the second was an ODD problem. I had 60 minutes to solve both questions. The test wasn't very complex but you have to code the most efficients solutions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't very difficult, but before you start is really convenient try the demo question of the web tool.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

I missed a hiring event earlier in the week, but a friend referred me to a recruiter that contacted him earlier last month. I emailed her and had a brief conversation to ask what I'm currently doing at my job and why I'm looking to leave. Afterwards, she set me up with a 90-minute remote interview using collabedit.com. She recommended using www.topcoder.com and www.careercup.com to prepare for the interview.

Almost a week later, I had the phone/ coding interview:
    1. Find the intersection of two arrays
       a. What's the time and space complexity?
       b. Can you improve performance? i.e. What if arrays were sorted?
       c. Which sort would you choose?
       d. What if provided and unknown number of arrays?

2. Given a binary search tree, write a method to add a new node to the tree (without re-structuring)

P.S. I heard from a fellow Amazon friend that they are changing up the interview process, so I'm not sure if this is what it's moving to since he said that he had 2 45-minute interviews before proceeding to the on-site interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

The recruiter connect me a week ago, mentioning that there's event going hosted by Amazon’s Women in Engineering group, and they wanna get in touch with me. I had a phone call with the recruiter 2 weeks ago, and schedule the first tech phone interview today. It was a nice talk with the interviewer, I was nervous, but he still nicely giving me lots of hints and advice.

Interview Questions
    • What is HashTable? How does it work in the backend perspective? What to do if the collision happened? Whats the time complexity of inserting? deleting? seaching? What's the time complexity for the worse case?   Answer Question
    • What is binary search tree? Whats the time complexity of inserting? deleting? seaching? What's the time complexity for the worse case?   View Answers (2)
    • Whats the advantage of using BST rather than hashmap?   View Answer
    • Online coding interview:
      Given an array of integers. Find the largest increasing sub sequence of integers in the array.
      // 10, 3, 7, 9, 0, 15
      // return index 1&3
        View Answer

Research Manager Interview

Interview scheduler was great but phone screener was unbelievably arrogant and patronizing. I left with the impression that micro management was rampant and that this would be a dreadful place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Some irrelevant question, effectively about how to micromanage and blame employees.   Answer Question

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

I received an email from the HR describing the recruiting process. The 1st phone interview is supposed to be based on Amazon values only. However, my interviewer decided otherwise and asked me only job-related questions. This was a pure waste of time. In addition, he did not speak really english really well.

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

One face to face interview they basically want to test your speaking skills.
    Written english test. They check your grammar.
    An online logical test.

Personal interview... Easy. Friendly HR.
    Easy process.
    One should be good in english.... Especially grammar.

Interview Questions
    • Please make sure that you want to relocate   View Answer

I could not move. Salary was less.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

I applied online a few months ago and received an invitation from a recruiter to take the amazon online assessment test. It was a link to hackerank.
    The actual interview consisted of two pretty simple coding questions and a logic test part.
    I was given 30 mins for each coding question and 35 mins for the logic part(25 questions).
    NOTE: Time flies really fast during the logic session. You should work fast.

The first question had to do with string manipulation and the other question was on bit level manipulation