Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Craiova, Dolj (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I first had an interview with a third party firm, then had two multiple choice tests and an e-mail for a fake unsatisfied client, then I had another 40 min. multiple choice test online, then I had a phone call interview that was more than pleasant, with easy questions about me and about my experience.

No negotiation.Fixed salary and commision.

Brand Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

There were two hour long phone screens, followed by eight in person interviews at the offices in Seattle. The questions were all over the board, but most were behavioral questions asking for examples of how you have responded in certain situations before, and drilling in to your examples as far as possible.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the exact wording, but they want to know how you have used data to make decisions in the past. Once you give them an example, be prepared to go very far in depth with it. They will ask details that might even seem irrelevant, and the questioning process on that one example can last upto twenty minutes.   Answer Question

Fulfillment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The interview process begins with a phone interview where they mostly tell you about the company. Next is an in-person interview which consists of learning more about the company, detailing what shifts you are eligible for and taking a drug test. Everyone is usually hired as long as you pass the drug test and background check.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Recruiter emails you with details on what to read up on and be prepared for for the interview. I had 2 in person interviews (45 minutes back to back). Each was a different technical question. Straight forward, a couple behavioural, past project questions from both interviewers. The interviewers try their best to leave the candidate with a good feeling (company policy), so it's hard to get an idea of where you stand or how you're doing at times.

Interview Questions
    • 2 linked lists share at least 1 common node. Find the first common node.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

contacted me via linkedin for a position for recent graduates, offered mi an interview over the phone and a couple of interviews later in person, the recruiter was very nice and helpfull, it was a good experience . ask a OOD question, a string problem to validate parenthesis and braces and insert into a circular linked list. algorithms, complexity, object oriented design.

Interview Questions
    • ask a OOD question, a string problem to validate parenthesis and braces and insert into a circular linked list. algorithms, complexity, object oriented design.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

They contacted me for a Hiring event. I had to use a web based tool to solve two questions. The first question was reconstruct a tree according a two dimension array and the second was an ODD problem. I had 60 minutes to solve both questions. The test wasn't very complex but you have to code the most efficients solutions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't very difficult, but before you start is really convenient try the demo question of the web tool.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

I missed a hiring event earlier in the week, but a friend referred me to a recruiter that contacted him earlier last month. I emailed her and had a brief conversation to ask what I'm currently doing at my job and why I'm looking to leave. Afterwards, she set me up with a 90-minute remote interview using collabedit.com. She recommended using www.topcoder.com and www.careercup.com to prepare for the interview.

Almost a week later, I had the phone/ coding interview:
    1. Find the intersection of two arrays
       a. What's the time and space complexity?
       b. Can you improve performance? i.e. What if arrays were sorted?
       c. Which sort would you choose?
       d. What if provided and unknown number of arrays?

2. Given a binary search tree, write a method to add a new node to the tree (without re-structuring)

P.S. I heard from a fellow Amazon friend that they are changing up the interview process, so I'm not sure if this is what it's moving to since he said that he had 2 45-minute interviews before proceeding to the on-site interview.

Research Manager Interview

Interview scheduler was great but phone screener was unbelievably arrogant and patronizing. I left with the impression that micro management was rampant and that this would be a dreadful place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Some irrelevant question, effectively about how to micromanage and blame employees.   Answer Question

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

I received an email from the HR describing the recruiting process. The 1st phone interview is supposed to be based on Amazon values only. However, my interviewer decided otherwise and asked me only job-related questions. This was a pure waste of time. In addition, he did not speak really english really well.

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied through the Amazon.com website and school website, got selected for an on campus interview. Consisted of 2 interviews, each 45 minutes long, and one after the other. The first one had some really challenging questions, while the second one was a breeze. After 2 weeks, got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given 2 strings, how can you determine that one string is only made of characters found in the second string.   Answer Question