Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by an Amazon recruiter in a mass email, with a schedule to sign up for an interview on campus. I had the interview about 5 days later. Two back-to-back 45 minute interviews with just an Amazonian and I (in adjacent rooms, another student and I just swapped places. First one was pretty relaxed, talked about data structures, what he did at Amazon, he asked me a couple simple fast questions typical of a intro CS class exam, and an OO design question. Next person asked me a long question that took me about 40 minutes to complete, and we talked a bit about what she did.

I had another offer deadline imminent, so they got back to me with an offer on that Monday (the interview was Friday). Very fast and surprisingly simple process, I'm still surprised that there was really only one (kind of two) interviews. Good experience!

Interview Question – Finding out if there is a palindrome inside of a string I think? It's been a while, but I hadn't seen it before and the interviewer helped me out a bit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, since it's an internship.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details I applied online through snagajob and got an email the next day to go to a hire event and pick the day I wanted to go so I went the following monday, it was wednesday and I couldve picked as soon as friday, and when I got to the event I had the job I just had to take a mouth swab drug test and take my proof of education. I applied for a seasonal part time position so I believe that is why it was so easy. Just waiting on my background to clear

Interview Question – There was no question. Just had to complete a questionnaire when I applied which replaced a real interview. Either strongly agree or strongly disagree on questionnaire.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Maintenance Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Great hiring process. Met with 2 people at once. Great questions. Wanted to know you, not what you do. Interview was thorough and based on skills with people and tasks. Best interview I've ever had.

Reason for Declining – Offer was way too low. The total deficit up to my retirement would be nearly 500k in total. Sorry, that's asking for way too big a sacrifice on my end.

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate
Moreno Valley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online at Amazon.com. About two weeks later I got an email asking me if I wanted to set up an appointment online. It was a direct hire event for a new warehouse opening up in Moreno Valley. I set up an appointment that wasn't for another three weeks. I arrived at a hotel that had Amazon signs showing you where to go. When I went inside there was some amazon employees sitting at a few tables, and there was a line of people waiting to speak with them. When I finally sat down to speak with them, I expecting an interview but instead the employee asked for my ID and my diploma and told me there was no interview and then she gave me a contingency letter offer of employment. I got the job as long as I passed the background check and oral drug test. The lady sent me to another room with about 20 other people who got the job to take our oral drug test and watch a video about Amazon and what they had to offer to there new employees! It was by far the easiest interview I had ever been to in my life. Although it wasn't really an interview because they didn't ask me a single question.

Interview Question – No questions were asked.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take what they give you, which is not bad considering it's a warehouse job.

Seller Support Associate Interview

Seller Support Associate
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details After submitting a resume along with a cover letter, I received an email inviting me to take the next step in the interview process. They sent me a link that would assess my skills and capabilities for the position. They tested me on my knowledge of MS Office and customer solution strategy to see how well I would be able to handle certain issues. After the assessment they gave me a call to schedule me for an interview. The recruiter sent me lots of helpful information to prepare for the interview. When I got to there I was interviewed by two different Seller Support managers. The first one asked about my previous experience in customer service, the second asked about my goals with Amazon.

Interview Question – How have you been able to handle a difficult customer in your previous experience?   View Answer

Product Support Specialist Interview

Product Support Specialist

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details This was a series of two phone interviews followed by four back to back interviews in person. The questions were really structured and all competency based around adherence towards their leadership principles. You so get the same questions asked quite a few times but you should still make sure you come armed with dozens of examples that have numbers behind them.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you used data to make a decision.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online at the amazon fulfillment website. Started off with a 30 minute phone screen that asked basic questions including a simple math problem. The interviewer told me that I passed the phone screen before it ended. About a week later I was invited to an on site interview. The on site interview started with a production flow problem, not hard if you are generally familiar with algebra. Just draw out a diagram of the problem so that you can fully understand each component. Later the interviewer will change a portion of the problem and you will have to recalculate. After the initial math problem, you will do four separate interviews. After you finish all four, you are free to leave. 8 days later I received an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you took a risk?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was excellent and there was no need to negotiate

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty easy since they were recruiting on campus. However, the interview process was very straight forward all technical questions one after another for 45 minutes. Most of the questions focused around data structures.

Interview Question – The questions were very cs based, but my background is in computer engineering so some of the questions were too advanced at the time.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview Details the interview process was having 5 rounds.in first round the took written test which had programming question and scripting based programming question.in scripting question you can use any script language like Perl, python,shell to write programs.second round was problem solving and coding round,in which they asked data stc and puzzles.
third round was scripting and troubleshooting round ,where they asked 6-8 programming qs to check expertise in your favorite programming language and your thought process to solve problems.fourth round was managerial,where he asked puzzles and some real time production problems (avg) .fifth round was of cross managerial round ,he asked about previous project work in details and some tricky coding question.

so overall it was enjoyable for me and level of difficulty was not too difficult but not average.

Interview Question – they asked me about my difference with my current manager,so i was surprised.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted for a 30 minute informational session where I was asked a series of questions about my job duties at my previous position. The interviewer was very nice. I get the feeling they are more interested in finding out if you are good culture fit with the company as much as seeing if you are qualified. I had applied for over 20 positions at amazon using their outline applications which makes it very easy.

Interview Question – They gave me 6 different job duties (example includes meetings, managing employees, communications, strategy, etc) and had me break it down by percentage.   Answer Question