Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,796 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Amazon.com Summer Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details Two 45-min back-to-back phone interviews. The first American guy was ok and used Collabedit with me. But the second indian woman had weird accent and used googleDoc. Neither of them asked me about my resume and both just started with technical questions. The woman just graduated from university and only worked in Amazon for approximately 1 year. She even doubted the function I wrote about the height of tree. Of course, I was right. I don't like this process overall.

Interview Question – Binary Tree level order traversal.
In-order traversal a BST tree that each node points to its parent and all leaves link to each other(SLL).
Find the last k fibonacci numbers that are smaller than n.
  Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Development Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Two phone interviews.
The first interviewer asked two coding questions:
1. Reverse a doubly-linked list
2. build a trie for a dictionary
The second interviewer asked many behavior questions such as: if you cannot finish a job before the deadline, would you do your best but not finished, or tell your boss you can't...something like that. Then asked some knowledge based questions:
1. difference between inner join and outer join
2. difference between interface and abstract class in java

Interview Question – Given a text file, perform a pre-processing step to create a DS; so later when queried for a word, the lookup is very fast.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Summer Software Development Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.