American Airlines

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in September 2012.

Interview Details Applied online to a handful of positions... about a month later, a phone interview was set up.

Interview Question – Describe your favorite hobby and "sell" it to me.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at American Airlines in August 2012.

Interview Details Met in lobby with other candidates. We were taken to a conference room where we were paired off with existing employees and taken to managers for one-on-one interviews. The questions were pre-written. Each min-interview lasted for about 40-45 minutes. The Managers were friendly and on a tight schedule. After the interview, I followed up with thank you emails.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come work for a company in chapter 11?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in June 2009.

Interview Details Round 1: (45 Mins)

There was a 1-on-1 competency and skills based interview. It was with the hiring manager. Most of the questions were from the CV and the interviewer wanted to get an indepth look at what I had done and to what level. It was interspersed with questions and interest linked to the Airline Industry.

Round 2: (Full day assessment center)

Total 6 interviews with all senior managers of the team. One interview was a written case study.

Interview Question – How many softdrink cans does an Airline sell in a year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough negotiation but i manager to increase the joining bonus.

Senior Analyst

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in September 2009.

Interview Details pretty standard process with one-on-one interviews, case studies, and behavioral questions. was thrown off my number of brainteasers...who uses those anymore?

Interview Question – How many Dr. Pepper's would fit into a plane?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Airlines

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines Senior Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees and interview candidates.