American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014

Average Difficulty
110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center)
Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, phone interview then face to face. The face to face lasted about 2 hours and consist of 3 stages. 1st stage was a 15 review of the company, and 2nd was a role play of answering calls. If you passed that then came the interview with the hiring manager . It was average and everyone was extremely nice .

Interview Question – Normal behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Member Services Representative Interview

Member Services Representative
Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

Interview Details I had a phone interview went well then I had to come in for a face to face interview not to mention my interviewer was late and very rude. Didn't seem like she wanted to interview me at all and she also seemed like she didn't know what she was doing I felt very uncomfortable. after the 3 question was name a time you had to adjust to change I gave my answer of how I would have training very frequently and I had to adjust to new products and systems frequently and compared it to my previous job then she looked at the other said and said we need a moment came back and said we are done. I asked is there role play she said no I felt very disrespected for them being rude and not even giving me a chance I'm more than qualified for the position and would have made a great asset to the team( previous employment being inbound service and sales for a telelcommunication company) so I know for sure how to do the position but this expierence made me really wonder how they got in the door if there's always angry and unethical I feel like I deserve a new interviewer and they deserve to reevaluated .....worse interview I have ever expierenced AAA you need to find more friendly ppl for interviewing

Interview Question – They asked name a time you had to sacrifice quality for speed lol?

Name sonething you regret doing in a work place lol?

Name a time you had to adapt to change.( funny they ask you to use your previous work expierence but as soon I mentioned my previous employer and told them how similar they are they got upset and cut me off )
  Answer Question

Travel Agent Trainee Dallas North Interview

Travel Agent Trainee Dallas North
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and Went to an open house on a Saturday signed in. Monday I received a call from HR to complete an assessment. Waited two days Wednesday she informed they were interested in an interview! Thursday the hiring manager called to set up an interview for the following day she was very flexible with timing. Friday I interviewed initially for travel counselor role l, but they wanted to take it up a step and put me in the training for a travel agent role contingent on completing the test for that position! For formal interview they made me feel comfortable 2 panel both whom had been in the company for years! They were very informative. They asked general questions from a packet it took about an hour to complete. That Monday morning I received the test which was very long! It took two hours to complete but it's self paced! Do not overthink just take it! The test informed I passed and to contact HR. HR informed I passed with flying colors! Two days passed and that Wednesday same day they asked me to come in for a sit in and interview with a travel agent. I sat in he showed me a few things on the computer their different vendors and again was very excited about his job! After the sit in the manager came in to get me and offered the position contingent upon passing a hair drug test and a background check! He told me I would be placed in Lewisville( I discussed my area of living in the interview which was Denton so this was great!) I was sent the Hireright package the same day completed it Thursday and drug tested Friday! Hireright takes the longest to complete! But overall great experience be professional!

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you didn't get along with an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate I was offered About 30k+ annually

Travel Counselor Interview

Travel Counselor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied after seeing a job posting on Careerbuilder.com. After applying, I received an email asking me when i would be available to talk about the position. I spoke to the interviewer the next day by phone. She asked me questions and told me about the job. Then asked me to complete an online assessment. After that I was again called and told that I was selected to go further in the interview process. And they wanted to meet me for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Name a time in which you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position would start in one location, however if someone with more seniority wanted to transfer to your location, they would move you to accommodate that person. So you may be working in North Dallas near your home starting out, and then someone wanted to transfer there, they would move you to West Ft. Worth, or another Branch. I did not like that idea. Gasoline is too expensive.

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor
Heathrow, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2012.

Interview Details You will be asked about stats, coaching, KPIs, and teamwork. It can be a stresfull envioronment, so make sure you can talk about being able to handle pressure, exspecially with the reps and dispatchers. The AAA deals with road service, memberships, travel, insurance. Pending your specialtiy, make sure you talk about the field you are applying in! Like if you know travel, talk it up. Insurance, travel, do you have any of the training / certs? Show them off.

Interview Question – If you had to choose between good stats and budgets, what would you chose?!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations based on market.

Inside Sales- Irving Texas Interview

Inside Sales- Irving Texas
Irving, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online for a inside sales position on a Tuesday. I received an email to take an assessment (which took about 40 minutes).
After 20 minutes of completing the assessment I received an email letting me know I passed.
HR recruiter called me on Thursday to schedule a phone interview for the next day.
Phone interview was conducted by recruiter. He asked questions about my work experience and he answered questions about the position.
He then scheduled a face to face interview for the following Tuesday.
I was interviewed by 2 managers for the face to face interview. It lasted about 1 hour. They deliberated for about 10 minutes and then came back and offered me the position.
I left the office and did my drug test where they cut my hair. :(

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. 40k base. Then after training commission would kick in once I started selling.

Travel Agent Interview

Travel Agent
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2014.

Interview Details The hiring process seemed a bit long to me, but I really wanted the position so I dealt with it. I had two phone interviews, attended an informational meeting, and interview with two managers.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straightforward. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They make you sign a non-compete agreement, and since I really enjoy the travel trade, it just wasn't worth it for me...

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through the career website and 6days later I received an email inviting me to take an online assessment test. The test was VERY LONG which consisted of questions such as: "tell me about a time when..." and "would you consider yourself to be a risk taker" as well as translating graphs and data. Upon completing the test, it immediate notified me that I had passed and would be contacted by HR if I was a selected candidate to move on.

That same day, I received an email from a recruiter notifying me that I had been selected to go further in the hiring process and that she wanted to set up a face to face interview. Subsequently, I scheduled my interview for two days later (today).

The face to face interview was amazing, the recruiter was young, exciting and very inviting. She was easy going yet, professional and stern. She asked general interview questions such as "tell me about yourself" and "tell me about a time when....". Majority of the interview was information about the position and different locations I could possible be placed. I was told the salary range which was very hefty for recent college grad.

I was asked to come back for a panel/ mock interview three weeks from today. She gave me positive feedback and constructive criticism on how to improve on the next interview and things to work on. I am waiting on the exact date and time of the second interview, but was given an expected date.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had an angry customer and what did you do to handle the manner.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Although I am still waiting for interview #2, i just wanted to share my experience so far. So I wont jinx it by saying that I did not get an offer lol

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got an email to take assessment test after that I was emailed again stating that I passed and if I was chosen to move forward in the process a recruiter would contact me. I got an email from a recruiter about a week later to set up a phone interview. Recruiter called me , asked regular customer service questions. I was. Then emailed a date for a face to face interview . Got to the interview and it was about 3 interview stages. 1st stage is a role playing scenario 2nd stage is an interview with a supervisor 3rd stage another interview with a different supervisor. I was offered a job the same day

Interview Question – Role playing scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 13.50 for member services position.

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Agent Interview

Insurance Agent
Allentown, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2013.

Interview Details I went to an open house seminar about the position. Those of whom were interested had a one on one meeting with a manager that very day. They then called back the qualified candidates for a formal one one one interview with a manager. Then HR would contact you in the following week to let you know if you would accept the position and go over the details of pay and benefits.

Interview Question – Most of the questions if not all are questions you would expect at an interview. There wasn't a particular question that caught me off guard and felt prepared answering all the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase with salary, everyone in that same position gets the same pay.

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!