American Automobile Association (AAA)
www.aaa.com Heathrow, FL 500 to 999 Employees

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Getting the Interview

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details Very lengthy interview process. Was contacted in February for job that started May 3rd, the first process consisted of at least 25-30 people in a computer lab and when you pass that you will go through 1:1 interview. Maybe a week later they contact you to let you know that you've been hired.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are qualified for this job ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2014.

Interview Details I saw a job fair for AAA on Indeed.com so ! applied and took the assessments and passed them before going to the job fair. When I got to the job fair the following day, I took the recruiter I had already taken the test and she seemed impressed. I was immediately scheduled to come back the next day for a face to face interview. The next day at the interview I was taken on the call center floor so I could listen to live calls then after about 3 minutes a supervisor meet with me and took me to her office and asked me the standard interview questions.

Interview Question – None, just basic job skill questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Insurance Agent Property & Casualty Interview

Capitola, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2010.

Interview Details Three interviews, one with single manager, one with manager and one employee
and one final with two managers

Interview Question – Be expected to provide detailed answers where you will get all
your business from.
  Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details I got a phone call on a Friday on my way to Spring Break Vacation. Since I was going to be away for a week she gave me some tests to take over the weekend. Once I took the tests she called by the next Tuesday to set up an interview. I had my interview the Wednesday I got back from SB Vacation. I went to the office and first took a typing test before I could proceed with the interview process (need to be able to type 30 wpm). Once I passed that I was interviewed by two people and was asked behavioral questions for about 20 minutes. Then I was given a scenario of a customer call and how I would respond to the call. Once I finished that two hiring managers came in and asked me a couple of behavioral questions then asked gave me another scenario of a car accident and asked my opinion of the scenario. The interview was done after that. Less than an hour later I got a call with a job offer. The interview process is formal but they do an excellent job making you feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have not formally accepted yet because I told them I wanted to finish my interview process with another company. Naturally they asked about the other company I am interviewing with and about salary and benefits. I do not know if that means there is room to negotiate. The salary and benefits are good though. The only problem I have had is that the recruiter has told me that I will be paid less than what the men in the interview told me.

Member Travel Counselor Interview

Spokane, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2014.

Interview Details The first step was to fill out an application online, which was pretty basic. It did not include any of those tedious personality quizzes, thank goodness. After a couple of days, I also dropped off a resume in person at one of the locations in my city. The woman who I spoke with said it'd be about two weeks until they started calling people for interviews, and sure enough, I received a call about two weeks later. I scheduled an interview, and was interviewed a few days later by three very sweet managers. Their questions were not too difficult, and they took every step to ensure that I was comfortable during the interview. I ended up interviewing for an hour! By far one of the more personable panels I have been interviewed by.

Interview Question – None of the questions were all that difficult. Most were customer service or personality oriented, and none were very technical at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate and was offered $11/hour for a Member Travel Counselor position.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2014.

Interview Details I have had 2 interviews one over the phone and one at Triple AAA. I did not get hired; I was told if they want me to interview for a second time they will call me in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Question – I thought the interview went well the questions were not hard at all. I did not get to tour the company and the interview only lasted about 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2014.

Interview Details Call from recruiter about job opportunity. Then there was a freeze for 3 weeks and no activity. Recruiter calls back and says they are still hiring (probably someone didn't work out). Setup a phone interview with hiring manager. He rambled on about the company, also about how he's trying to change things.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest decision you have ever made?   View Answer
  • Name two of the most influential persons in your life?   View Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Glendale, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in October 2010.

Interview Details Typing test, and simulated customer calls with an oral meeting with a dispatch supervisor.

Interview Question – Back-up agencies to call in case of an emergency   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As advertised

Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied online and interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details I sent my resume and I was contacted to take an online test after that I completed a phone interview. One week late I had a Face-To-Face Interview. I did not get hired.

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Insurance Sales Agent
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview Details 2 phone screens, 1 sales assessment, 45 minute wait at interview before presenting a mock sales presentation to a panel of 2 managers, unprofessional, my questions were glossed over, AAA was mentioned regarding integrity and ethics. Bell dinged and I was told time to leave they had more candidates to interview.

Interview Question – How did I make contributions to a team in a positive way   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Automobile Association (AAA) interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews are posted anonymously by American Automobile Association (AAA) employees and interview candidates.