American Cancer Society

120 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Coordinator Interview

Office Coordinator

I applied online - interviewed at American Cancer Society in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, didn't hear back for maybe a month. I received an email asking if I could schedule a phone interview. After the end of the phone interview, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager on site. They emailed to let me know they chose someone with more closely related skills.

Interview Question – How would you divide up the work for a project shared with another person   View Answer

Event Planning Interview

Event Planning
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview Details I applied online to internships.com and received an email a few days later, and set up a phone call a week later. I talked to her over the phone, and reviewed my resume with her and was hired.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate
Santa Monica, CA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at American Cancer Society in February 2010.

Interview Details The manager basically said, "Do you want the job?", and I replied that I would, and she said, "Great, you're hired as soon as you pass the background check," Short and sweet.

Negotiation Details – The manager told me the salary and that it was what it was and take it or leave it.

Distinguished Events Interview

Distinguished Events
Chicago, IL (US)

Interviewed at American Cancer Society

Interview Details Initial phone interview. Situational questions about working with people and staying organized. Then came in to meet two individuals from the department. They were both very nice and the interview flowed as a conversation. Pretty easy if you are really personable and can communicate well. Process took about 2 weeks max.

Interview Question – All very basic questions that you could expect in any professional interview. The phone interview was the most difficult and more of a formality to make sure you aren't a joke.

Give me an example of how you work in groups.
Communicated with someone with a difficult personality.
Why do you want to work here?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No much room to negotiate

Event Outreach Specialist Interview

Event Outreach Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2014.

Interview Details First there was a 30+ on line questionnaire, then a phone interview. Depending on who you got for the phone interview, it was either extremely by rote questioning, or an actual, personalized interview. I had two interviews, one average and the other one terrific, where I felt that I really connected with the interviewer. She made it clear that only my lack of experience working with volunteers rather than paid employees kept me from continuing the application process.

Interview Question – Asked several times, and in slightly different formats was "how would you deal with unhappy/underperforming volunteers?".   View Answer

Community Mission Manager Interview

Community Mission Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview Details Email correspondence to set up interview after initial phone interview. In-person interview with entire office staff. Overview of the job requirement and nature was provided in detail by different staff.

Interview Question – Ability to work on evenings and weekends   Answer Question

Event Outreach Specialist Interview

Event Outreach Specialist
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in June 2014.

Interview Details There were 2 phone interviews with a recruiter and then the hiring manager. They were both very pleasant. It was more like a conversation than an interview. I felt at ease after each interview.

Interview Question – How does your future plans align with our business direction?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told upfront what the salary was and agreed to it in the interview. There was no negotiations.

Relay Manager Interview

Relay Manager
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Cancer Society in March 2010.

Interview Details I had a total of 4 interview but the process has changed. I am not sure how to answer this this happened so long ago.They now do a hiring process that is not local but starts in Atlanta.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background in sales. ( i don't have one)   Answer Question

Community Manager - Development Interview

Community Manager - Development
Portland, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2010.

Interview Details I started as a temp and met the ED. That is how I learned of the job opening. They post jobs to the internal system for a number of days before it goes live to the public. I had 2 interviews. The first was with the ED, the second was this the District ED and the ED. The questions were based on qualitative ideas. Why do you have a passion for cancer, etc. The never asked to see my diploma or called my references.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Office Coordinator Interview

Office Coordinator

Interviewed at American Cancer Society

Interview Details Submit resume. Phone call within 2 weeks. First Interview with local office manager. Called in for second interview with Home Office HR. Received call within one week to accept the position.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!