American Eagle Outfitters

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

It was a group interview with approximately 25 candidates. They asked us a few basic behavioural questions which were simple, the only difficult part was being able to voice your answer without coming off as overbearing. At the end, we were split into groups, given a description of a type of customer, an event and a budget and told to create an outfit for them.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward. Tell us about yourself? Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I had applied three times to the same store. The third time I handed the application to the manager and had an on-the-spot interview, and was asked to come back the two days later for a formal interview. After two days She called me back and offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Was a group interview with around three other people. Very straightforward. Took place with the hiring manager, but did not meet the store manager until after start date. Interview lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, was very relaxed. Included questions about personal style taste, customer service experience etc. Interviewed for a seasonal position, but stayed on after holiday.

Stock Supervisor Interview

The interview process was standard. The first interview was with the Human Resources rep and the second interview was with the hiring manager. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes. A majority of the questions asked were behavioral based questions such as tell me about a time when... Overall, the interview process was positive.

Sales Associate Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

I applied online on a Friday and received a call back around Tuesday. It was for an interview. The person who called me was super nice and he said dress casual and to bring an extra copy of my resume. And the interview was set for the following Thursday. I went into the location and was instructed to go upstairs. I saw one or two other people in a waiting area. The interview was suppose to be at 4 but by 4:20 no one came to speak to me. And by that time a bunch of other people poured into the waiting room. I think roughly 14 other people were waiting to be interviewed as well, seemingly. I honestly thought it was a one on one or even if it was a group interview, I thought 14 people was way too much. Nevertheless at around 4:30, one of the supervisors brought us downstairs and we all sat in a circle. Then she along with another supervisor started asking us typical questions like if you were a customer and an employee gave you attitude how would you feel or vice versa. After around 5 rounds of interviewing questions and going around the circle, they had everyone fill out paper applications regardless if you applied online. And while you were filling out info, they were actually picking out people that stood out. After around 10 mins, they called out names and basically if your name was called- your interview was over. I, along with 4 other people were not called. Then we were introduced to the manager that oversaw 3 different american eagles and he asked more personal questions like Describe yourself, etc. By the end of my interview he immediately offered me a position that was close to my school. I go in for employee training on Sunday!

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?   Answer Question
    He basically just asked, which store would you want to work at? And I replied any and he said I'm going to put you down for this one and it basically meant I got the job.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

I had asked for an application the day before the interview and when I came to turn it in they told me to bring it back the next day--so I did. When I turned it in my interviewer interviewed me right on the spot and right after the interview she offered me a job with them. The interview was fast, to the point, and comfortable--it also helped that my interviewer was incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in November 2014.

We were asked to sit on the couches. There were about 10 people in my group (I saw about 2 other groups about the same size). We went down to the stock room and talked to managers "popcorned" questions. They asked "What do you think is good customer service?" "What position are you most interested in here? [Aerie, Sales, Cashier or Visual]". I then filled out another application [I filled one online but I guess they wanted a paper copy] and I was called into another manager's office. We talked for 5 minutes total. We discussed my schedule and what location is most convenient for me to commute to and I was given the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions asked. I went into a manager's office, we talked about my schedule and what location is most convenient for me and I was given the job.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Very little interview. Just a meeting then an offer. They hire a ton during the holiday season, then they'll let you go. Show them you want to stay and you might be able to continue with them.

Minimum Wage.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I applied through a posting on our university jobboard. After an initial phone interview with HR, I was flown to Pittsburgh to interview with a buyer and then participate in a 2 day interview program. There were probably 2-3 dozen candidates and 2 days of activities including rounds of interviews back to back in a hotel meeting room (where 10 other candidates are interviewed at the same time at different tables), meet-and-greet the buyers at happy hour etc. Like someone mentioned, it was like a sorority rush event.

FYI: The company is not very diverse. Most employees are from Pittsburgh and/or University of Pittsburgh.

Sales Associate Interview

The interview is pretty straight forward, you apply in person and after they review your application you, come in for an interview. They will sit you down and ask you a lot of basic sales business questions, and customer service questions. You may be called back in for multiple interviews but usually one is standard.