American Express

American Express Interview Questions

Updated 22 Feb 2015
Updated 22 Feb 2015

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Express.

Contacted by HR, then hiring leader. Went through interview, competenceny based then technical questions. I'd suggest reaching out to the hiring leader first. Do some homework. You need to know the role and the business unit. When I had my interview, it was almost like I am talking to my leader already. We shared views on what we can do as a team next.

Not really fun.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

The whole interview process took one month. Went thru total 5 rounds of interview which included recuriter,HR, leader, trainer & Manager, HOD before i secured the position. Interviewer involved can be solo or in team.

Surprised that the process is fast even though it went thru many tiers of interview. Different from most of the companies which will only have 2-3 rounds of interview for a Team Leader position. However, i think the process is great as it help to identify the right candidate to be present to the final decision maker which is a norm for AMEX. Even the most junior position in the business unit needs to go thru 3 rounds before offered.

Interview Questions
    • This job required techinical skill and experience but i have most questions asked in personality and peoples managing. Real focus on leadership and only one listening skill test.   Answer Question

Foreign Exchange Specialist, North Sydney Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Express.

They were hopless. I got an initial call with some questions, I was advised that a call next week will be made and an interview arranged. 3 weeks later I got the call finally with a day and time for the interview. I was advised that an email with details of location will be send, no email received and on the day of the interview I got a call from the manager to advise that she will be late. I told her that I did't get confirmation so I am not comming. She apologiezed and told me she will ring next week with new interview details. I got the call from HR and we talked about a date for the interview, I was told again that an email will be send to confirm. Needless to say I am still waiting for the email.

FX Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express in March 2009.

Applied through the company website, got a call from my manager for the interview at following week. 2 managers interviewed me. The interview last for about 30 min. I tried to asked questions during the interview when they describing the job, but I think I asked too many questions and one of the manager told me it feels like i am interviewing them. (in a positive way). After the interview they contacted and asked if i would like to start my job after two weeks. I did not asked to go for the 2nd interview which I was a bit surprised.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think its the best way for manager to lead you in this organization?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Express.

I applied through my university and was selected for a first-round interview. There were 2 45-minute back-to-back interviews. Questions were mostly behavioral, but a few were situational. Interviewers were reading the questions off of a sheet and taking notes, so the interviews didn't feel very spontaneous. The interviewers were nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.
      Tell me about a time you had to handle a stressful situation.
      If you were told you had to lead marketing campaigns in 3 cities, what questions would you ask and how would you implement the campaigns?

+ plenty of other questions already posted by others.

Answer Question

American Express 2015 Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Express.

About 50/50 split between HR or situational questions and some basic programming concept questions over the phone. Two interviews back to back lasted for about an hour. The situational questions are especially important. They want to see that someone has the right personality type for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Study your basic programming structures and have answers to questions such as "bring up a time when you..." and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Finance Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Express.

2 45-minute phone interviews with people from Finance department. First interview was more situational and related to prior experiences, such as the average interview questions. The second interview was more analytical.

Corporate Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Express.

It was great. Simple. They asked a lot questions. A classy office. Happy about how it went. Didn't mention much of CTC. So let's see. Final interview scheduled with vp

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Express.

First round interviews were supposed to be in person on campus, but were done over the phone due to snow. Second round interviews involved traveling to the company's office in NYC. Heard back on hiring process in 3 to 5 business days after second round. Both interviews entailed two 45 minute interviews with different representatives from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work to meet a deadline. Describe a time when you had to do what was right even if it wasn't the easiest thing to do.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Express in February 2015.

Very friendly.. Some technical questions like data structures... The first half of the interview was behavioural.. And the second half was technical.. Each were about 45 mins long.. Fairly straight forward questions