American Express

Getting the Interview

454 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Foreign Exchange Specialist, North Sydney Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details They were hopless. I got an initial call with some questions, I was advised that a call next week will be made and an interview arranged. 3 weeks later I got the call finally with a day and time for the interview. I was advised that an email with details of location will be send, no email received and on the day of the interview I got a call from the manager to advise that she will be late. I told her that I did't get confirmation so I am not comming. She apologiezed and told me she will ring next week with new interview details. I got the call from HR and we talked about a date for the interview, I was told again that an email will be send to confirm. Needless to say I am still waiting for the email.

Interview Question – all questions were easy   Answer Question

FX Teller Interview

Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in March 2009.

Interview Details Applied through the company website, got a call from my manager for the interview at following week. 2 managers interviewed me. The interview last for about 30 min. I tried to asked questions during the interview when they describing the job, but I think I asked too many questions and one of the manager told me it feels like i am interviewing them. (in a positive way). After the interview they contacted and asked if i would like to start my job after two weeks. I did not asked to go for the 2nd interview which I was a bit surprised.

Interview Question – What do you think its the best way for manager to lead you in this organization?   Answer Question

Director, Relationship Management Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in May 2010.

Interview Details Three rounds of face to face interviews with human resources and hiring leader, case study presentation

Interview Question – Dealing with an existing personnel issues   Answer Question

Learning Specialist Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details 3 interviews one of them being a teach-back.

Interview Question – none really, all were pretty standard   View Answers (2)

Product Manager Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details American Express has a very thorough interview process, that included a phone screening, group interview and senior manager interview. The process was very professional, questions were well thought out and I felt like I was treated with respect. I was offered the position but ultimately turned it down.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure and how did you learn from the failure?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details It was an interview with many phases. I met several people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult. It was a very straightforward conversation.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details I interviewed for a senior manager role in analytics and the process took 8 weeks. I had telephone interview with hiring manager and was asked about the fundamentals of credit card industry - main drivers etc. I then had a couple of rounds of in-person interviews and the focus was more on behavioral questions

Interview Question – Situational questions on how to manage different people related issues   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details Met with 4 people separately, and received detailed questions about the position and was able to convey how I could help them succeed.

Interview Question – Are you a detail oriented type of person or a big picture type of person?   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Interview Details Work from Home position. Entire interview process done over the phone. After applying contacted first via email to complete assessment. Within 48 hours contacted via email to arrange a phone interview. Phone interview was STAR method at the end of the phone interview made arrangements for follow up with Hiring Manager for the next day. Additional situational questions were asked using the STAR method. Both interviewers where great. They made me feel like I wanted to work for the company. After the second interview I was told someone would get back to me within 1 week to let me know either way. Offer call came within 48 hours and equipment arrived 1 week later after the background check was completed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in February 2014.

Interview Details There are only 2 rounds . first round was taken by HR and TL , it was just to check your communication skills and about your background as for cracking amex interview your communications skills and personality which matters a lot .and then in manager round he just focus on stability issues and salary issues.

Interview Question – why would we hire you ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express interview questions and advice. All 454 interview reviews are posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.