American Express

502 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Foreign Exchange Specialist, North Sydney Interview

Foreign Exchange Specialist, North Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details They were hopless. I got an initial call with some questions, I was advised that a call next week will be made and an interview arranged. 3 weeks later I got the call finally with a day and time for the interview. I was advised that an email with details of location will be send, no email received and on the day of the interview I got a call from the manager to advise that she will be late. I told her that I did't get confirmation so I am not comming. She apologiezed and told me she will ring next week with new interview details. I got the call from HR and we talked about a date for the interview, I was told again that an email will be send to confirm. Needless to say I am still waiting for the email.

Interview Question – all questions were easy   Answer Question

FX Teller Interview

FX Teller
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in March 2009.

Interview Details Applied through the company website, got a call from my manager for the interview at following week. 2 managers interviewed me. The interview last for about 30 min. I tried to asked questions during the interview when they describing the job, but I think I asked too many questions and one of the manager told me it feels like i am interviewing them. (in a positive way). After the interview they contacted and asked if i would like to start my job after two weeks. I did not asked to go for the 2nd interview which I was a bit surprised.

Interview Question – What do you think its the best way for manager to lead you in this organization?   Answer Question

Customer Service Trainer Interview

Customer Service Trainer
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview Details It was over the phone very professional. They call you and have an over phone interview. Then you interview with a director. If they like you they will let you know after interview with director.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact question asked prepare par situations.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Express in August 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was very detailed and very lengthy, First I interviewed over the phone, then I was went into the city and went thru a process of interviewing with a manager. Once that was completed I flew to another city and interviewed with a director. I was then called with an offer by another person. Very difficult process

Interview Question – How do you motivate an employee who has applied for the Team Leader position 2 times and has been declined? This employee will report to you?   Answer Question

GCA Fraud Protection- Account Protection Specialist Interview

GCA Fraud Protection- Account Protection Specialist
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details 3 Rounds , 1 is basic,2 is Test(4 seats) & 3 is a full fledged interview.
The IInd round which had a test, included Numerical,Logical Reasoning,Analysis,Reading Comprehension & Letter Writing sections.

Interview Question – You are a robber who takes credit & runs away. What'll you do to maximise your profit? What'll you buy?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Professional Tier II Interview

Customer Care Professional Tier II
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details The interview process went very smoothly. I applied online and received an email to complete online testing. After testing, I received a call the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for later on that day. After the phone interview, I was invited to come to the office for an in person interview the next week. The in person interview was with one person. She told me about the position and reviewed my resume. She asked me five competency based questions and asked if I had any questions for her. She advised that I would here something either way by the end of the week. At 4:45pm on Friday of that week, I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Question – One of the questions that I was asked was about how my actions contributed to change within an organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no room to negotiate. You basically have to accept what they offer or take the chance of having the offer withdrawn. I was very satisfied with the offer extended to me.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Professional Interview

Customer Care Professional
Brighton, England (UK)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in March 2014.

Interview Details One Phone interview - A friendly chat to see if you understand the role that has been applied for and then a competencies based interview to see your customer care skills and understanding of putting customer first

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were wrong and how you rectified it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE

Customer Service - Inbound Phone Interview

Customer Service - Inbound Phone

I applied online and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details After applying on-line it took about a week to hear back with a phone interview. Quick interview, standard questions, and if you pass that stage you go in for a panel of interviews and a computer based test.

Interview Question – What do you least like about working in a call center?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for entry level.

Lead Programmer Analyst Interview

Lead Programmer Analyst

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details Recruiter, then hiring staff internally. Then you may interview with your potential peers, then leader then business leader. Then they ask you 3-4 competency based questions. They move you to the next level if you do well. If you don't, you receive a decline letter.

Very Difficult Interview

Management Interview

Management
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in May 2014.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at your job.   Answer Question

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!