American Express

518 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Foreign Exchange Specialist, North Sydney Interview

Foreign Exchange Specialist, North Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details They were hopless. I got an initial call with some questions, I was advised that a call next week will be made and an interview arranged. 3 weeks later I got the call finally with a day and time for the interview. I was advised that an email with details of location will be send, no email received and on the day of the interview I got a call from the manager to advise that she will be late. I told her that I did't get confirmation so I am not comming. She apologiezed and told me she will ring next week with new interview details. I got the call from HR and we talked about a date for the interview, I was told again that an email will be send to confirm. Needless to say I am still waiting for the email.

Interview Question – all questions were easy   Answer Question

FX Teller Interview

FX Teller
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Express in March 2009.

Interview Details Applied through the company website, got a call from my manager for the interview at following week. 2 managers interviewed me. The interview last for about 30 min. I tried to asked questions during the interview when they describing the job, but I think I asked too many questions and one of the manager told me it feels like i am interviewing them. (in a positive way). After the interview they contacted and asked if i would like to start my job after two weeks. I did not asked to go for the 2nd interview which I was a bit surprised.

Interview Question – What do you think its the best way for manager to lead you in this organization?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details 5 Levels of interviews and a lengthy process
HR tech screening with some fixed set of questions
Technical interview with a Peer Architect in depth diving into technical
Cognitive Problem Solving with a Director of Architecture asked to solve couple of production issues and propose a better design
Behavioral and Resume review with hiring Director primarily focusing on why you made certain design and tech choices in your past projects
Leadership with Vice President focusing on your leadership ability

Interview Question – How many cards Amex issues per year in US?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They just offer and you either accept or walk away. Only little room for negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express in August 2014.

Interview Details It was a walk in interview at Gurgaon Office. It was advertised as post of Financial Analyst. But after 4 hours of wait when first round came, it was told that it is pure accounting profile with main work of reconciling the accounts.

Interview Question – Profile advertised and profile expected was totally different. It still beats me that how is pure accounting that too for reconciling statements can be termed as analyst ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for analyst profile as my experience is in that area.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Customer Care Professional

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and then did an assessments which are very relevant to the job.. Once you finish the assessment you will be contacted by a recruiter who will send you the information as to do a web interview. . They'll ask you competency based questions, in a "STAR" method. So, they're looking for a situation, that has a beginning, middle and end. Google "Star method" and this will help you out. It was easy.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you helped a customer and its outcome.   Answer Question

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional Interview

HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional
New Rochelle, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in April 2014.

Interview Details Spent about six hours on what was supposed to be an hour process. Lots of random questions online, for a customer service position a phone interview would have been more appropriate.

Interview Question – The scenarios where you are given a difficult customer to deal with.   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details Went through a series of phone screenings and then came in for an in person interview. I met with three different people and had three separate 30 minute interviews with each of them.

Interview Question – Why would you be the best candidate?   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Fraud Analyst
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details Round one was a thirty minute HR telephonic screening interview. Round two was a four hour written test consisting of a test case scenario. Round three was a round robin interview with five managers each asking five questions.

Interview Question – Behavior-based interview questions. Nothing that would throw you for a loop if you complete a self-assessment on your own beforehand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation available.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at American Express.

Interview Details first round- aptitude+coding
around 40 students were shortlisted.
second round- technical + HR simple questions. Their main aim was to check analytical skills.
question asked to me: "about yourself", "write a c code to display a moving clock". 5 students were selected for last round.
third round: we had to implement a c code to display a bouncing ball.

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Express in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied on the website after visiting their booth at my university's career fair, and I was invited to an interview on campus the following week. The interview consisted of two separate 45-minute sessions, each with one person asking behavioral questions, and both were relatively friendly and engaging. I was later invited to their "super day" for a second round of interviews, which narrowed down to about 20 students. This included a tour around their campus and again two separate interview sessions. One of the interviewers also included his own technical questions not on the packet they were given, while the other stuck to the standard behavioral questions, some of which were repeats of the questions from the first round.

Interview Question – Name the differences between HTTP and HTTPS.   Answer Question

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!