Amgen Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Behavioural based interview highly structured Q and A. Minimal chit chat. Run by recruiter line manager present was quite unprofessional. Overall duration less than one hour. No follow up with any additional questions. Just moved to next question on the list.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Quite predictable questions. For example tell us about your proudest achievement?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Several 1:1 interviews throughout the day. Interviews were with all levels from co-worker through Executive Management. Start with phone screening and then actual face-to-face interview. They will typically fly you to the site for interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Phone interview. Hiring interviewer asked about web applications, but was not really ready to hear answers. Was more interested in poking holes in whatever I say. Was not willing to listen that certain mundane things can be learned on the spot and don't need to on the top of your head. If basics are strong, then other mundane and routine things can be learned in few hours.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

Interview

First phone call to gauge interest. Second phone call from HR. Third phone call to set up on site interview. Talked with multiple people on the team for 4-5 hours. Interview was very technical and somewhat behavioral. Follow up phone interviews with other members of the team. Took a total of 3-4 months until offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a disagreement you've had with a coworker in dealing with a situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA (US)).

Interview

Met hiring manager, line manager, and team after a phone screen. I was asked to demonstrate my expertise in SDLC and RUP methodology, as well as my previous IT experience. The process was very friendly, and I got to know the staff before working with them. This was an Amgen from a past long gone.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a project with multiple dependencies?   1 Answer

GradInterview Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

One round of interview on phone. The person was very friendly. Some behavioral questions were asked (e.g. working style). Many questions were focused on your skills and intern projects. Be prepared for answering everything about your background. Overall, the process was very smooth and lasted for about half an hour.

Interview Questions

Interview

In person interview that lasted a day and they asked me many questions and they took me out to lunch which was good and all the spaghetti and lots of questions about jobs

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

The initial interview is an online automated video interview. There will be some video walk through on how to use the interface and follow by some connection tests, video and mic tests. After everything is well, there will be an infinite amount of practice sessions. When you are ready, you can proceed on to the real interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

First was a phone interview with a staffing consultant followed by a separate phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The in-person interview was 4 hours long, spoke with 8 people for 30 minutes each. I talked to 4 of those people in person, 2 by teleconference, and 2 by telepresense.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were working in a team and came across a conflict with another team member, how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Bio-pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen (Newark, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First was a phone screen with a recruiter. Second step was a 1 face to face interview with 2 district managers. You were told you would hear 24-48 hours after interview I'd you got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem in an account you came across? What did you do to handle it?   Answer Question