Amgen

Updated 12 Feb 2015
Updated 12 Feb 2015

Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amgen.

The process of setting up the interview and receiving input was very long. I was never reimbursed for my out of pocket expenses and even after contacting them and resubmitting them nothing came. It wasn't a lot of money but it made me wonder how they would treat the expense report process if this is how they try to hire qualifies candidates.

IS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen in January 2015.

Initial telephone screen, they advance you to the next stage if they like you. Telephone interview with hiring manager and lastly on site panel interview (4hrs)
    They arrange for flight, rental, hotel ( meals included) plus a tour of the whole city
    Everyone was nice and I enjoyed the whole process, be patient as the process can take time from your initial online application to on site interview (if they interested)

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember all of the questions but were mostly behavioural questions like
      Tell me about yourself?
      What are your weaknesses? don't come up with internet answers
      If a project experiences a setback, how would you inform or when would you tell the client?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs
      How did you handle conflict?
      Which smartphone OS platform would you recommend? ( looking for critical thinking skills)
      Explain waterfall methodology ( recommend white boarding on this one, outline the stages clearly) try and mention all the documents created in this methodology (

Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen.

Highly intimidating and challenging process. Most managers know within the first 10 seconds if they will hire you. Allow your communication skills to clarify your expectations and responsibilities. Only contract or temporary positions available at the time. Phone interview then progressed to onsite panel interview, including 1:1 with prospective manager.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions: tell us when you encountered a conflict on a project and explain how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Research Associate In Small Molecule Chemsitry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

1 full day; 10 hour long interviews and a presentation. They don't this for Bachelor level anymore, only Masters and up. The day was long and dinner provided at the end. THey asked me to stay in a hotel the night before even though I lived in the area. THings have changed though and they are much more careful with the money. I am very happy I got the job and everyoen was extrememly friendly.

Global Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen.

I was initially contacted by the manager that I would be working with via phone interview. After two phone interviews, I was given an offer. The interview process was very informal, but again, this was for an MBA internship. The manager was very nice, wasn't looking to rattle you; just wanted to learn more about my experience and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions; mostly questions about my resume and my work experience. Strategic sourcing experience, procurement experience, project management experience was required.   Answer Question
    Internship, so there was no negotiations; the only option was the dates and terms of internship; 8 weeks, 10 weeks, or 12 weeks.

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amgen.

Phone interview
    Background: Ph.D candidate in Biostatistics.
    1. 0~15 min. I introduced my clinical trial background, mostly about the clinical trial course project.
    2. 15min ~ 25min. Discussion on programming, mainly SAS.
    3. 25min ~30 min. Interviewees said they cannot hire me since I do not have experiences with SAS MACRO programming. They need someone immediately working on SAS programming.

Senior Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was then invited to an in person interview. The first was a panel interview, which I felt went extremely well. I was then interviewed by the person who conducted the phone interview, it was pretty much a continuation of the phone interview just in person.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Amgen in March 2014.

I submitted an application sometime in August 2013, and was caught by surprise when I got a call in February 2014 asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes, and from there the communication was very timely. I was sent an e-mail to set up interview times, and the recruiter was very accommodating with the schedule. They sent maps and detailed information, and I went in for the interview. I met with the whole team, including a conference call attendee from another office. Everybody was really nice and positive. They asked relevant questions and didn't hold back from asking some challenging ones, but they also didn't ask pointlessly tricky or confrontational questions. I felt like I was being honestly evaluated for my fit with the team and my knowledge of the work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you handled a situation where somebody on your team was not doing their share of work. (Follow up: Do you think that was the best way to handle it, and why?)   Answer Question
    I was given a call with an offer. It seemed good so I accepted. I had read on Glassdoor previously that they don't negotiate so I didn't try.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Contacted shortly after I submitted my resume to a recruiting company. I had 1 phone interview that was roughly an hour. I was then invited to a half day interview, where I toured the campus and had 5 one on one interviews that lasted roughly 30-45 minutes each. I was hired one week later, and begin week after that. Over all the process was smooth and efficient

Interview Questions
    • I received many technical questions regarding my work with proteins, DNA, etc. I was asked to explain in depth any research projects I have been apart of any publications of which I am a co-author   View Answer
    Wast any negotiation because it was a temp. position, but I was happy with the salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

interviewed at Amgen in February 2014.

Three 20 minute interviews with managers, lots of just behavioral questions, seeing if you fit in the culture

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to develop a new manufacturing plant, how would you do it?   Answer Question