Amtrak

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amtrak in May 2009.

Interview Details I was a contractor, so I applied to the position via an internal referral. The interview process is standard; I was interviewed by three managers. The questions were typical, perhaps a couple I didn't expect but was not an issue.

Overall the process of being interviewed and hired can be an extensive one; it was for me. It can take about three to four weeks. Mine took almost two months. It is worth it though - being an employee of the railroad corporation has good benefits including an additional railroad retirement fund.

Interview Question – What typical software and/or tools do you use and why? {This was a question towards the end of the interview - it is not hard, but your answer will be evaluated)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You do have some room for negotiation, but it depends on the hiriing manager and/or director.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amtrak

Worked for Amtrak? Contribute to the Community!

Amtrak Videos

Amtrak – Why Work for Us?

Moving America where it wants to go. Amtrak is a unique American success story because of our more than 21,000 diverse employees who drive the performance needed to make us America’s Railroad. For more than 42 years… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amtrak IT Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amtrak employees and interview candidates.