Analysis Group

Analysis Group Interview Questions

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Process took about 4-5 weeks. Applied online through my university and got an interview about a month later. Was interviewed by two employees, one of which was a RA, the other a higher up Director. Both were pretty young (boy and a girl) and the interview was very simple and enjoyable. Mostly behavioral questions, they asked about my previous research experience, then asked if I had any questions. Interview lasted about 25-30 minutes. Did not get a call back to the second round.

Research Analyst Interview

Through a conference. Get contacted directly by a manager. Set up a time in a week. Get an initial phone interview. Two questions. Tell me about your research. Why choose Analysis Group. Also if you have any questions to ask them. Interviewed by a manager and a VP. The manager seems very interested in my research. He even asked a specific question about my research, meaning he really read my job market paper! The VP was much less interested in my research, who did not ask any questions about my research.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Consisted of one 30 min on campus interview and a final round of 3 40 min interviews with managers and senior analysts. The interview experience was very straightforward and positive.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting. I did not think the interview went extremely well, but I think I was able to express my research and interest in economic research well. The in-house interview was 5 one-on-one interviews. Each focused on a specific quality from teamwork to research. There was also an informal lunch with some employees and other interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. Similar to the first round.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Applied online, and got the initial phone interview in a week.

Interview questions were pretty standard. They really care about your relative healthcare experiences and asked a lot of follow up questions on my healthcare projects during internship. Behavioral questions were standard, too.

Interview Questions
    • If you could re-do something, what would that be? How would you re-do it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interviews were not case-based, instead the interviews delved deep into technical skills. The interview was fairly short (only lasting about 30 minutes), so make sure you only highlight things that are important. If you start rambling, they'll move you along to the next question. The two interviews took place on the phone and involved two people interviewing me each time.

Interview Questions
    • If I said that I knew how to use a certain computer program, I was asked to describe how I did so in great detail. So only claim to know things you know really well!   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

I had a phone interview and in person interviews. The turnaround was quick, I heard back the day after my phone interview about flying out for in person interviews the next week. The questions in all rounds were pretty quantitative, focusing on past statistical research experience. They weren't brain teasers or anything, they just required critical thinking about statistical analysis. I had four interviews in person, two with analysts, one with a manager, and one with HR.

I did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

The first round was a phone interview with an Senior Analyst. Took ~1 hour and was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience.

The next and final round was 5 x 30min interviews at the office I was applying for (Boston) with Senior Analysts and Managers. Again, it was mostly behavioural questions focused on prior research experience. I was rather disappointed to not have any case interview questions because those are fun. As my interviewers did not co-ordinate amongst each other and seemed fairly new to the process, they all asked essentially the same questions: Discuss my prior research experiences followed by a question on any teamwork-related challenges I've encountered.

Analyst Interview

I applied online after I talked to a representative at the career fair at my University. I just finished the phone interview. Interviewer told me I'd be contacted within 2 weeks for next steps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an instance in which you had to be a leader and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Phone interview, nothing really difficult, my interviewer was nice. Went into details in my past research experience. General behavioral questions like tell me about your role in a team, tell me about a time that you did xyz... Just be prepared to tell stories about your resume.