Analysis Group

Updated 20 Feb 2015
Updated 20 Feb 2015

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

I applied through my college's Career Services Office and had a Skype interview about two weeks after. The interview was mostly behavioral questions, but they also asked me to comment on a recent research project that I had and to demonstrate a skill/capacity that I had obtain with my latest campus job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a research project that you've done. How would you make it better?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

One to two weeks after I submit the resume and cover letter online I got a one to one in person interview on campus. I didn't get a phone interview. The interview is not hard, it went like 15 minutes. It's just regular questions, no case study.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think an analyst do in AG?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

It was a Skype interview with two interviewers. The interview was quite straight forward. They asked a lot about the econometric project I've done. Also asked a lot about the previous internship experience. Similar to the questions you could find here.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Analysis Group.

This was a on-campus interview at University of Toronto. I was asked basic, non-technical questions such as "what's your strengths", etc. and was given a chance to ask my questions. Unfortunately they don't hire people who needs visa support, and I was later recommended to direct my application to their local office in the country I come from.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions, all questions are non-technical   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Had an on campus interview with two senior analysts. They asked mostly for related questions. Focused on my background, work experience and quantitative skills. Really liked the analysts. More of a laid back interview compared to other consulting firms.

Second round was at the office. Interviewed with two more analysts as well as 4 managers/VPs/Partners. They take you out for a nice lunch with two other analysts. A couple of these interviews had case like questions but still mostly fit.

Did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied through college. On campus interview. One HR and one consultant were interviewers. They asked both technical and behavioral questions. Most of the questions are interesting. But it can be very technical when it comes to my research, which I did not prepare for at all. I guess there will be another round of interview after this onsite interview.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group.

Invited to do a 30-minute face-to-face interview. There were 6 interviewers. 2 of them asked me questions related to my background and interests. There are basic questions. I feel that they were looking for people passionate about working in a consulting firm, which I did not show.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Analysis Group in January 2015.

Appled through website. Interviewed at ASSA annual meetings. Generally talked about research interests and how I see myself fit in. Very smart people, and seem to care a lot about pedigree.

Analyst Interview

first resume drop, followed by phone interview, then followed by superday. Interviews with various analysts and senior analysts and a manager. I accidentally dropped that my internship experience was at a more reputable firm than theirs (in terms of competency, at least in my experience) and I think that was the reason for the ding.

Interview Questions
    • General questions as listed on here that about a time that you had some analysis and walking them through it.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Analysis Group.

Applied through campus recruitment and heard back in a week. First round was a phone interview with behavioral questions. Then, within a week went to Boston for an in-house interview. There were 5-30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk in depth about any prior research you have done, answer detailed questions about the data set you used, and explains any methods you used. Similar questions were asked in each interview.   Answer Question