Aon Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

2.8

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon in March 2011.

Interview

Initial meeting with Recruiting consultant from HR, second interview with hiring managers and another third interview with hiring managers then screening and reference checks

Junior International Account Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (Milan (Italy)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied though an employee referral.
    Submitted Resume, was contacted by recruiter to set up an interview and then met with recruiter where she asked questions related to behavior. We didn't not talk about position itself, only questions about my skills, my working expercience and universities studies. Then she asked me some behavioral questions about managing critical situations.
    1:1 with HR (about universities studies, jobs, skills review)
    Group assessment with the Unit manager (outgoing account managers)
    Final interview with the italian country manager

Interview Questions

• Presentation about myself (life experiences, interests, hobbies, sports), background (professional about my past jobs), relevant work and universities experience both in english and italian.   Answer Question

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to do a video-interview at my leisure. I registered with a link they sent and had the opportunity to practice before actually answering the questions. Process took about 2 hours with prep, combination of speaking into my video camera and typing "essay"-style answers. Next step was a phone interview, duration approx. 1 hour. Spoke with 2 individuals from the team that I would be working with. I was not brought on-site and received an offer over the phone. Overall straightforward, steam-lined style with no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed instructional leadership with direct reports   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

One whole day Assessment Centre, consisting of 4 parts - 2 group tasks, 1 fact-finding exercise, and 1 interview.
    The first one was group debate on 3 out of 4 questions chosen by all the candidates together. Not difficult, just try to be relaxed and express your ideas clearly.
    The second one was fact-finding exercise, which was simply a case study. An article with limited concept was given and you have to ask the interview about questions related with the case study, and finally write a thorough report.
    The third one for me was the interview. Lots of competency-based questions were asked, but all were typical ones.
    The last one was a group task again. All the candidates work together for a case study.
    It was an extremely long ,tiring day. You should definitely be well prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the number of televisions in the UK?
      What do you know about our company?

Answer Question

Business Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume, was contacted by recruiter to set up a 30 minute interview and then met with recruiter where she asked questions related to behavior. Did not talk about position itself much or anything personal about myself. Only questions about situations in the past related to experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, describe a situation where this or that happened   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Got an initial e-mail to request a phone interview. The phone interview was short, asked a few basic questions about resume but was mostly to describe the company and position. The next interview was at the office. It was 5 rounds (about a half hour each) with 2 people. I was put in a room with 4 other people who were also interviewing for the same position so it was a little weird, but the interviews were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions.
      Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
      Fairly decent amount of group questions, such as a time when your group worked well together, when you didn't work well together, when some didn't put as much effort in, etc.
      Talk about a time when you bargained something, what would you have done differently?
      Be prepared to talk through your resume as well.
      There were no real technical questions besides asking what familiarity I had with some Microsoft Office programs and statistic programs.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The first part of the process included a webcam interview. It was not a live interview in that my responses to questions were recorded. Next, I went in for an interview at their location. I was interviewed for an hour total by two separate interviewers. Each interview took a half and hour to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particularly difficult customer?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. I had a digital interview and was moved to 4 in person interviews. I heard back after that in 2 weeks

Corporate Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial meetings were via phone and video conference. As things progressed, meetings were in-person. Most interviewers seemed to have a personal interest in the success of the company and are seeking that of the interviewee. Questions were, generally, insightful and behavior-oriented. As a whole, the process seems to be a middle of the road in terms of "toughness" and formality (e.g. no group/panels, no testing, no case studies, etc.). Duration of the process has been lengthy and, logistically, bumpy. There are some small things they could do, in the process, to make the candidate feel a bit more special and a bit more interested and engaged in the company, which would be in alignment with how the executives represented themselves in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Benefits Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had to complete a 10-question video interview (5 essay questions, 5 video) within 48 hours of receipt. Then had four 30-minute phone interviews. Was told by interviewers that I would hear back anytime between one week and one month; I heard back in about four days and was offered a different role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a process suggestion to your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've lost face with a client and had to rebuild their confidence.   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy for training?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as offer seemed fair to me.