Aon

Getting the Interview

84 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aon in March 2011.

Interview Details Initial meeting with Recruiting consultant from HR, second interview with hiring managers and another third interview with hiring managers then screening and reference checks

Interview Question – Question regarding delegation of work   Answer Question

Account Handler Interview

Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in March 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview, face to face interview and exam

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Aon?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate the salary as much as possible

Very Easy Interview

Database Analyst Interview

Hunt Valley, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in March 2014.

Interview Details One of the Head hunter in Chicago called sends me a message in LinkedIn. Ask me if i was interested for this position opened in Maryland. I was not in market since my current job need lot of drive so i said why not if its near to home. Then she sends me 10 questions including why you are looking for moving what is your current salary? how much salary will move you to Aon? what is your immigration status? weather if you need sponsorship in future? I filled in and send it to her. I didn't hear until next 10 days. After 10 days I was sent the same email asking same questions. I replied then she passes to one of the HR person who schedules half an hour phone conversation. Conversation was fantastic and he said at the end of conversation that you most likely will be scheduled for the in person interview. In couple of days I don't hear anything I sent him an email to check if he was moving ahead? He sets up with one of the lady who actually sent me an email after a week and calls me set up some time to have in-person interview. She was very slow responding the email and she finally sets up something within the week and try to see if i was available in one of those days. I was given short notice of 18 hours Thursday 6 PM they asked me if i was available for Friday 4-5 for interview which I said no i couldn't manage then they scheduled me on Monday. Monday Maryland saw the big snow. Most of the day we had the snow so i sent an email to check if the interview was still on @ 11 am. The lady didn't respond me until 2:30 and was trying to see if we can postponed to Wednesday. I asked her if the office is opened today I am ready to do today since i already took day off. she told me yes it could be done.
I got there 15 mins earlier to the slotted time. I was received very casually and there was no hi nothing. An Indian man shows up dressed very casual and walk me down to one of the conference room from stairs though they had elevators.There was no politeness and offering of any kind of drinks or even water. He was not interested to talk nor he was willing to discuss about the position and hear about me. Asked me couple of Database related questions. Ask me to write the code on the paper. Those were very simple question which i answered very well very generic question.

I was told there will be three interviewer but he was only one who interviewed me and he was uninterested while talking to me. he asked me if i have been in such situations kind of question so while I was responding if i give example of my past work related such situation then he used to make faces and cunning smile. He walk out twice during the interview and there was no formal ending of the interview someone comes in open the door and asks him something during the interview. Interview last about 40 mins of which 20 mins he leaves me alone in room and come back and forth. I don't hear back until a week and I asked one of the HR personnel if there is any updates for me he send me email after 2 days they are pursing other candidate.
Very Unprofessional, no common sense and no common etiquette appreciation or anything.

Interview Question – The interviewer was asking question to make it look like interview, He was not interested in it.   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Broker
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Met with 4 senior employees in department

Interview Question – Why Aon over competitors?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interviewed at Aon

Interview Details Initial interview was done over the internet. I was then contacted by a recruiter to come in for 2 separate interviews... one was a behavioral interview which was conducted over the phone while the other was a regular sit down interview. Overall, the interview went quite well even though I did not get the position.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions...   Answer Question

Call Center Manager Interview

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aon in January 2014.

Interview Details Completed a video interview. It was very challenging. You are given a couple minutes to read interview questions , then repond via webcam. Preparation is a must and the interview was very good practice.

Interview Question – Tell us why you feel you are a good fit for this job.   View Answer

Associate Broker Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Hiring process was quite quick. I had one interview with my future manager where she asked me fit and experience questions. Nothing technical.

Interview Question – Very straight forward   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Managing Director

Interviewed at Aon

Interview Details The initial process was disjointed and confused-given my experience, they didn't have the appropriate people in he room.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any difficult questions-it was more like I was interviewing them than he other way around.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not a clear enough direction for my career-lots of beuracracy.

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Aon in October 2010.

Interview Details Five interviews, including local and regional/national people

Interview Question – Challenging my work history versus what I would be expected to do at Aon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Mostly through the corporate recruiter.

Desktop Publisher Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview: HR called about a week or two after online application.
Main question: "What makes you think your background will help with desktop publishing"

2:1 interview: Met with VP and coordinator. Seemed mainly personality-based. More like a friendly chat: very few technical questions.

Interview Question – How will you handle difficult people coming to you for requests?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aon

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon interview questions and advice. All 84 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Aon employees and interview candidates.