Aon Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
117 interviews

2.8

Compliance Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aon in March 2011.

Initial meeting with Recruiting consultant from HR, second interview with hiring managers and another third interview with hiring managers then screening and reference checks

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aon in February 2014.

Received a call from recruitment agent to go down for interview and interviewers were the potential direct reports.

Interviewer was approachable and asked questions relating more to personal factors.

E.g: external commitments and commitment to work overtime

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in August 2012.

The process took over 2 months with a phone interview & in person. There is a lot of time wasted just waiting. They hire on the 1st and 15th of every month.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about my goals in the next ten years of which I really don't have any beyond getting my life together.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Aon.

Quick and simple process. I met with HR on the first round after a brief phone interview, and then second round of interview was a casual meeting with the CFO, which was not an actual interview. I was then offered the job, which I accepted.

Senior Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aon in May 2010.

Met with 6 divisional heads for a friendly char about experience with large account management. Nothing unexpected or unanticipated. The position I was being hired for was critical to them for retention of a particular flagship account.

Interview Questions
    Yes and they met what I asked for because my expectations were reasonable for the position and my background

Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in June 2014.

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews with two people each time. It was very conversational and informative. Many behavioral and background questions. The interview was very apropos and everyone was very kind and genuine. The on-boarding process, especially regarding the background check, took a bit. I get the sense that things move along as quickly as your recruiter wants them to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a client asks for specific coverage under a policy that you know is historically never covered?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate; I was offered more than I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Aon in January 2010.

This depends whose hiring you, but most departments are fairly lax. HR can be hit and miss, depending on who you get. Its a very entrepreneurial environment so there is not a standard for all departments...people are busy so hiring doesn't always get a lot of time and attention until they really need someone

Interview Questions
    they made me an offer, I liked it and accepted

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon.

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter at their HR department a few days later. Upon speaking with this person, I was asked the basic/average interview/screening type of questions. After the 15 minute conversation, she stated that she would recommend me to the hiring manager at the office. A few days later, I received another email from someone different in HR to set up an interview day/time with the hiring managers. The day they scheduled was about 2-3 days out, and from my understanding, there were other candidates interviewing the same day with other "assessors".

Interview Questions
    • The questions were as expected- nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon.

Had the initial phone screen with the recruiter and then six follow-up conversations. The first three were via telephone with various members of the leadership team, the next two were in person: one with another member of the leadership team and the second was with the national leader (with whom I'd spoken on the phone previously). Following that meeting they scheduled a case study. Prior to the case study, the feedback had been glowing. The case study (I had the pretend I worked for Aon and was meeting with a new prospective client who was represented by five members of the team I'd be joining, mostly sr. leaders I'd spoken with during previously interviews) did not go well as I do not have any prior sales experience and no exposure to conducting a meeting of this nature. The team closed the call with a promise for a follow-up the next week. I waited until the end of the week before I followed up with the recruiter who ignored my e-mail. I waited another two weeks and follow-ed up again with no response. While I certainly understand that Aon has the right to select/deselect candidates as they see fit, it's really inappropriate to spend 8 hours on interviewing someone and then not even send so much as an e-mail to say they have not been selected. Overall my interaction with the recriter and interviewers prior to the case study had been good - everyone seemed friendly and nice, the recruiter handed me off to a coordinator to do most of the scheduling and was fairly hands-off. But the experience post case study of complete silence was a really poor candidate experience and makes me wonder if they employee experience isn't similar. I will not pursue candidacy with this company again.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to act in a sales lead capacity during my case study despite the fact that I'd been very clear that I had no sales lead experience.   Answer Question

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Aon.

I was referred by a current employee at AON and applied for the position - got the digital interview request within 48 hrs. After completing it instantly got an email invite and a ph call by the recruiter for a personal interview next week. Was interviewed by 2 individuals -first was just basic lifestyle questions, the second was more detailed about job.

Interview Questions
    • Try to sell me something/anything in this room
      Explain to me a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker/or client and how you overcame that.
        Answer Question
    Offer was what I was looking for.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!