Aon Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online through my university career website, and the recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. I spoke with an analyst who was a recent graduate, and the interview was fairly standard with typical behavioral questions. A week later, I was invited to the Superday at the office. I had four interviews with principals from both the New York and Chicago offices. There were two case interviews and the others were behavioral. I was also asked a mini case question and given plenty of time to ask questions. All interviewers were easy-going and gave hints during the case questions.

Interview Questions

Received another offer with a higher salary.

Consultant Interview

The Interview and Hiring Process went very smoothly. Met with both a manager and assistant manager. There were no trick questions by either managers, as they were just trying to get a feel for my level of experience and my personality. Both interviewers put me at ease and were very easy to talk to during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No "trick" questions or unexpected questions were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon.

Interview was easy, one with the HR department and another one with my director. Spoke about my skills and my willingness to work for an international Brand like Aon. I expected a tougher interview. What they more cared was that my studies were about to finish and to have a good English level

Interview Questions
    I entered the company as a Junior with a standard contract called "Junior trainee" which has the increased salary agreed for the following three years.

Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in June 2014.

Two phone interviews and two in-person interviews with two people each time. It was very conversational and informative. Many behavioral and background questions. The interview was very apropos and everyone was very kind and genuine. The on-boarding process, especially regarding the background check, took a bit. I get the sense that things move along as quickly as your recruiter wants them to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a client asks for specific coverage under a policy that you know is historically never covered?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate; I was offered more than I asked for.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

First was a phone interview with one manager then an face to face interview with two managers followed by another phone interview with two other managers.
    Tell us about your greatest weakness?
    Tell us why we should bring you on board?

Interview Questions
    • If we hire you, what would you bring to the organization that next person will not?   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate an extra $5,000 per year in salary.

Account Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

It was a long time ago, and honestly I can't remember anything difficult about it.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember, but it wasn't a tough interview. You need decent excel/word and an analytical mind and you should be ok.   Answer Question
    I negotiated up by a few thousand annually.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Laid back interview, easy people to connect with

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aon.

There was a 15 minute phone screening that asked about my academic background and interest in the position, no contact for ~3 weeks followed by an invitation to go on site. There were 5 on site interviews, technical, case study, HR, and two more traditional behavioral. Most interviews were conducted by a team of two employees. The offer was extended the following week

Interview Questions
    • Defining catastrophes and estimating damage (similar to case study)   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Interviewing manager put much emphasis on their particular expectations and not so much team overall.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty typical interview questions; none behavioral; mostly about skills and technical ability   Answer Question
    None

SCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon.

four rounds, all good,two technical and two HR.all good.. if you are good with the technical as well as people behavior than you have a very good chance to get in. be bold and answer as per the question asked.be confident about your answer and ask question accordingly too.