Aon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Jericho, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details Typical 5-question behavioral interview with an additional segment that was unstructured.

Interview Question – Do you plan on furthering your education?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Was told "take it or leave it"

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details I was hired through Aon's business internship. I obtained my interview for the internship through my university's career fair. I actually did my first interview on the spot; the recruiter I was talking with gave me a ticket for Aon's interview booth, where I had to record and submit a webcam interview. About a month later, I received an email invitation from Aon for a campus visit. The campus visit included a company presentation during lunch and then two interviews, each conducted by a different employee. I received my offer for the internship about a month after the campus visit. As for my current job offer, I received it through a phone call after a month out of the internship.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had difficulty with a colleague.   Answer Question

Accounting and Finance Rotational Program Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in November 2013.

Interview Details Quick turnaround time. Phone interview was more of a description of the company rather than a screening.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. Nothing too specific. I have a greater background other than accounting, which probably turned them away.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details I was told what department staff I would be meeting with and how long each interview would take prior to the interviews, which was helpful. I met with individuals from Human Resources and the department that the assistant would work for. I was asked about my skills, work experience and education. I was provided information on the open position, company values and benefits, and training process. I asked them a lot of questions, and they asked me a lot of questions. It was a very professional, informative process.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself with the company five years from now, and ten years from now? It made me think of long-term growth potential for myself and the company's.   View Answer

Broker Interview

Broker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in October 2013.

Interview Details My first interview was with an Executive from AON, we spent 3 hours together and the interview was conversational. Two weeks later, I was brought back in to meet with another Executive for 30 minutes and then 3 would be colleagues for 30 minutes each. Some of the questions included: why do you want to work at AON?, Why do you want to leave your current position?, What has been the most challenging aspect of your current position? What would you say is your greatest strength (industry related)? 1 week later I met with a Senior Executive for 1 hour and am now waiting for the next step. Everyone was very kind and professional.

Interview Question – Most difficult question: What do you think is the best way to measure customer satisfaction (based on a Berkely study)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This will be the next step for me but I am anticipating an offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon in October 2013.

Interview Details I got a first round interview with Aon from campus recruiting both my Junior year and Senior year, but I didnt get to the second round for either of them. I went to the info session Aon held on our campus, talked to the company representatives, and they gave me an interview within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult during the interview, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Csu Interview

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview Details To long ago it has changed to a
Process of behavioral questions

Interview Question – What kind of mistakes have you made and how did you fix them   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon in March 2011.

Interview Details three rounds; one is functional round ;another with manager another with business head of that BU

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aon in September 2012.

Interview Details I submitted my resume directly through the Aon website. I was contacted by an internal recruiter that thought I may be a good fit. She discussed the position with me, asked if I was still interested, and then set up my first face-to-face interview. I met with the person that would be my supervisor. With their approval, I then met with the person above my supervisor for the final interview. Within a day, I was called with an offer.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult... all very generic and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. In my last interview, they asked for salary expectations. My expectations were met, so I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Client Specialist Interview

Client Specialist
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in December 2011.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was very pleasant, I was given the impression I would be walking into the perfect job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, 10 yrs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was promised to be able to work one day from home, a mentor program, additional education. After a few months on the job the working from home was revoked, the mentor program was unsuccessful (not from lack of trying), and I was denied additional education. I was able to negotiate 3 weeks vacation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aon