AppFolio

Updated 10 Jan 2015
Updated 10 Jan 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Applied on line, the entire process took 3 wks.

1 week after aplication, contacted by recruiter. Talked about the company, project and resume, as well as the tool they were using.

Then the phone interview, asked a coding question about recursion and how to persistent the state of the object used in the question.

Rejected in the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

3 skype interviews managed by a 4th person
    each interview lasts an hour.
    different interviewers who did apparently not speak to each other about the previous interviews. sometimes redundant questions (such as can you name your most proud programming project).
    overall relaxed atmosphere
    this 50 words minimum is not helping, i guess

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the box.
      some programming questions, recursive, then the same problem iterative, questions about my computer science background, different languages that i used and why etc.
      friendly ppl

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio in December 2014.

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Initial phone screen to discuss my resume, after which we set up a technical phone interview with an engineer. Good interview experience, just got stumped on a technical question.

Software Engineer Interview

One phone interview with HR about behavior questions, and other 3-turn interviews with engineer, leader engineer and CTO. All the questions are not so difficult, but tricky. Just to make sure your codes are clean enough without bugs!

- Submitted resume at Career Fair Event
    - Got back pretty quickly in 2 - 3 days
    - One phone call for resume discussion
    - One remote interview on Skype with Technical Lead

Software Engineer Interview

Three interviews. First one has two general coding questions, listing all the prime numbers. Second one is about software design and computer network fundamentals like http, tcp protocols. There is a question like, what will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter. The third one is basically describe your project and explain your code on github.

Interview Questions
    • For the question "when will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter", you are supposed to give a lot of details, like TCP, IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions
    • Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question

Business Developer - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Pathetic process as they build you up to come in - they tell you your history and background are a perfect fit - as you come in your greeted by a sales room and then interviews by 2 managers who seem either brand new to interviewing or just not used to dealing with people (kinda scary that they are the sales managers). The questions are actually decent but interview seems to be somewhat of a joke to them - After the interview if your not hired they will not give you feedback or respond to your request for follow up (think about the customer or PROSPECT who seems soooo interested then suddenly its like they died and you never hear from them again) probably (other than multiview ) the rudest company Ive ever dealt with in my life . - if you are actually a killer at inside sales you may be better off applying somewhere else as it seems that they like to hire low ballers and bottom of the barrell sales reps (I know some of them)... my guess (and I mean GUESS because I cant get a response) the management doesnt like hiring anyone that threatens their job. And YES I am very offended !

Agile Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

They admittedly weren't sure what they were looking for in terms of this position and future company growth. I'm guessing by interviewing a variety of candidates they were able to say "yay" or "nay" until they found what they think would fit best. It was excessive to have 8 interviews with 10 employees, so I just had to look at it from the perspective that I was meeting new people and gaining interview experience. In some ways, I feel like my interviews drove a more serious look within the company to figure out what they really wanted. Glad I could help :)

Interview Questions
    • They were looking at all overall background and experience. They desired someone with experience in an agile development environment. I was given feedback indicating they were interested in someone with a proved track record in education and/or coaching others. They seemed less interested in someone who might be familiar with software engineers and other technical positions even though the role would involve facilitating and interacting most with this type of employee.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

The interview process was easy and was not overwhelming. I was a bit nervous going in, but when things got rolling everything was pretty smooth. No questions that were out of the ordinary and got straight to the point.