Applied Materials

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Applied Materials in July 2011.

Interview Details 4 person panel interviewed separately. They made the offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Have you ever faced conflict with your team members while working on a project? And how did you got over it?   Answer Question

Production Control Planner Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2012.

Interview Details I know that the hiring process for full time employment is very detailed and usually a panel of managers and peers. As a contractor and a former employer, I did not have any interview with the company because they knew who I was and had my job history. Contractors are hired on via Adecco, whom I highly respect.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2013.

Interview Details First Round - Phone Interview. Standard questions regarding resume and experiences. Special interest in ability to work with large data sets as well as visibility to csuite and vendor partners.

Secound Round - In person group interview. The firm DID NOT provide for travel expenses. The interview time was changed on the prior day. The expectation was a series of individual interviews. Instead it was a group interview including adjoining resources Finance etc. At the end of the second round I was asked to prepare a presentation at an appropriate management level for future presentation via Skype.

Following delivery via email of the presentation I have had no response from the firm.
The presentation was never given via Skype etc.

Interview Question – Very difficult to provide answers which addressed all cross functional business groups.
Reconsider the need to provide a future presentation, rather than perhaps using a timed exercise to "complete" the process in an extended session.
  Answer Question

Internship Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2012.

Interview Details Applied through college job portal and was then invited for on-site interview which was done by a panel of 4 people and lasted about 1 hour. Interview was mainly based on past experience and job requirements.

Got a letter of acceptance a week later.

Interview Question – questions on database languages?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was low but accepted.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Applied Materials in May 2012.

Interview Details It took forever to get through the HR process but the interview went great. However the salary was 1/4 what I was making at my last job.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – pay vs. experience

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Applied Materials in February 2012.

Interview Details The hiring manager left a voice message and asked to schedule a 1 hour phone interview. When I called to confirmed, I agreed to make it a face to face on a day when he was in town. One week later, I had the interview. It lasted one hour and we talked in the employee common room. It was large, so there was a sense of privacy. I did not see the work environment or offices. The other employees were dressed business casual. This position was to fill in for an employee who had been promoted or transferred to another department.

Interview Question – Describe your experience with consolidating major systems into one.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Applied Materials? Contribute to the Community!

Applied Materials Videos

Applied Materials – Why Work for Us?

Applied Materials has over 13,000 employees in more than 90 locations and 20 countries. Our machines are in virtually every semiconductor, display and solar PV factory in the world. Every day, we help these… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Materials interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Applied Materials employees and interview candidates.