Arby's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Merritt Island, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arby's in June 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed on the spot by assistant manager, asked questions about specific experiences, behavioral interview, asked questions about goals and pass times, goal of the interview was to learn whether or not you are a go getter that will grow with the industry.

Interview Question – Are you better than this person?.... I stated that my sister took a psych course and got an A so I knew it would be an easy class, he asked if I was smarter than my sister.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a minimum wage position as a team member

Fry Cook Interview

Fry Cook
Walla Walla, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Arby's.

Interview Details I was in search of my first real job and I had put in applications at various places but had not received any indication that I was going to get an interview. However, I applied at Arby's with my younger brother who had previously worked at McDonald's and got the word that they wanted to interview us. Both of us came in about a week after we had initially applied and were separately interviewed by the manager.

Interview Question – Do you have any commitments that would affect your availability to work any day of the week?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arby's in March 2014.

Interview Details First job interview ever. Got the job. I walked in and asked for an application from the shift manager in person. Got a food preparation certification prior to even bringing my application back; it is always good to have a food prep license when applying to a restaurant job, fast food or otherwise. Brought the application back next day and turned it into the general manager. I was given an informal short interview on the spot. The manager asked why I wanted the job, what my availability was and my transportation situation. Try to maintain a friendly, professional attitude and wear something semi-formal. I shook hands in a business like way and said thank you for the time. I was told I would be contacted soon for the actual interview. Got the call two weeks later and showed up ten minutes early. Remember to actively listen to them and be responsive. Have some questions about the position itself and your duties prepared so they know you are interested in the job and not just the money. Answer questions honestly, but as professionally and positively as possible. Try not to bring up pay and benefits as that can leave the wrong impression. Wait for the manager to do so, or discuss salary and other benefits once you're and filling out the tax paperwork since it will be more relevant at that point. Other than that, stay positive and be straightforward. The hiring process is a part of life and no one wants it to turn into a game or a show. Be pleasant and show you're willing to learn new skills and view the job as a valuable part of gaining experience, and you're sure to be hired.

Interview Question – None. The interview was very to the point. We discussed hours, duties, what things I am willing to do as far as cleaning is concerned, whether I would stay late, open/close the store or work holidays, rate of pay and when I was available to start.   Answer Question

Restaurant Store Manager Interview

Restaurant Store Manager
Athens, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in January 2010.

Interview Details Was interviewed as a cashier while attending High School so the interview process was minimal as not much was expected of me at this point as I was a teenager and was only expected to perform minimal duties while ultimately progressing to be offered the General Manager Position.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Arby's in March 2014.

Interview Details 3-5 days interview basic questions was hired on the spot and got started right away. it was about a week before I got the initial call for an interview. went the next day and got the job.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was negotiation it was met towards the middle

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Arby's in April 2013.

Interview Details Very informal. The questions were pointed and direct. It felt like they have a high turn-over rate. Probably due to the fact that they expect you to devote your entire life to the company.

Interview Question – None of the questions seemed to difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It seemed that they wanted you to sign your life away. Live to work, not work to live philosophy.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Reading, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arby's in April 2012.

Interview Details Most of the hiring and interviewing for this position is done from within, but occasionally they do hire outside for management positions if there is a need with no one to fill the role. Generally the questions are very customer-focused to determine your friendliness and/or how you handle stress well.

Interview Question – There really were not any difficult or unexpected questions for this interview. It's all about behaviors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some people are able to negotiate pay, others are not. I was able to and got what I thought was a fair rate of pay. Note that Arby's generally pays much less than their QSR counterparts and the decision ultimately comes down to the region's Director of Operations. Some are more willing to offer more, some not so much.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Arby's in November 2013.

Interview Details They ask you basic questions regarding your experience with fast food. The interviews are very basic. They only ask a couple of questions but beware you want to look good. Put on your best face.

Interview Question – None were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they offer you minimum wage. YOu take it.

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Human Resource Coordinator
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Arby's.

Interview Details For a support position, you'll meet with the hiring manager and possibly the dept VP.

Interview Question – None, it was friendly. Middle managers often don't know how to interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated vacation to have more. They ran it by the Sen Vice President and atty and said yes.

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Ponca City, OK (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Arby's in February 2011.

Interview Details Once an application is submitted it is reviewed by local store management. If the applicant is desirable they are contacted for an interview. There is typically 1 interview but depending on the general manager their could be 2, the first of which would be with an assistant and the 2nd would be with the general manager if the assistant manager passed the application on for further consideration. Once the GM makes their decision to hire there is a background check ran prior to offering the applicant a position.

Interview Question – There are no questions which should be unexpected during the interview. The interview questions are generally typical questions you would be asked during any interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!